Martin Cáceres (24 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You're right. Let's sell Chiellini now while we can since he still makes mistakes. Crazy me for thinking defenders can improve their game. We can't have a CB surging forward so often, fouling, or going hastily into challenges.

Uh oh...did Hustini just compare the two? Shame on him:disagree:

(And yes, I referenced myself in the third person)
Comparing some bozo of a right back to, arguably the best CB in the world is preposterous.

They may, in a very broad sense, have a similar style of play, but Chiellini is waaaaaay ahead of him.

If you can't see that, I worry for you.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Comparing some bozo of a right back to, arguably the best CB in the world is preposterous.

They may, in a very broad sense, have a similar style of play, but Chiellini is waaaaaay ahead of him.

If you can't see that, I worry for you.
Generally, I was speaking in terms of mistakes Chiellini has made, regardless of how many good games vs How many Caceres has played. You seem to be missing the point, but Ok. Take your own spin on it.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So he plays for his national team...made it to Barcelona when they have Puyol/Alves then gets scouted by Juventus...I guess it was all luck. He just looks pretty.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Look who he had to play behind though. No one on the planet besides Maicon would move Alves out of that position. Of course he wouldn't want him.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yeah, I was just saying that Guardiola never really wanted to have him in the team in the first place, but he did want Alves and Puyol and Piqué etc.
I see. Sorry if it seemed I snapped at you. Just is one of those times I guess I'm by myself on this one.

May 22, 2007
If your argument is to keep him because he's already shown that he is good defensively, and his athleticism is another plus, and he's young so there is room for improvement, then I'm with you.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If your argument is to keep him because he's already shown that he is good defensively, and his athleticism is another plus, and he's young so there is room for improvement, then I'm with you.
:tup: thank you
He was the only one having bad games when our great team were dominating the league.
Then again when the defense was poor he was one of the better ones. What is your point?

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
My point is what you just said and not only that but he was MOM in many games. Even when the whole team sucked he was always trying and showed heart not like most of our ballerinas.

Oct 8, 2009
In general if Caceres was owned by Juve, I think many would like to keep him either as a starter or a squad player but when we'd have pay 10 or more millions to keep him, it's clear he's not worth it even if he does have some potential.

May 21, 2008
We need better options than Caceres at RB; he can stay as a backup, but then he would be one expensive backup; as a starter, definitely not!
agree , i cant see how can some ppl here compare him to cheillini before 2-3 years , he's not cheillini and will never ever be at the same level (defending) , maybe his attacking is very good and he have some pace but there are better options (both defending and attacking) but i wont be sad if we signed him because he has some potential and if we worked on him we can make a very good RB .

Jul 15, 2006
In general if Caceres was owned by Juve, I think many would like to keep him either as a starter or a squad player but when we'd have pay 10 or more millions to keep him, it's clear he's not worth it even if he does have some potential.
We need better options than Caceres at RB; he can stay as a backup, but then he would be one expensive backup; as a starter, definitely not!
Perhaps. The win-win methinks would be if we can convice them to loan him to us another season.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
if you mean "defensively good" by spanish standards i might be with you, but spanish defensive standards are more than laughable and not comparable to italian standards.... in spain everyone goes gung ho and thats it ... if you score a goal every now and then you are a good defender in spain ... regardless of how many nutmegges you get against palladino type of players ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)