Martin Cáceres (6 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
exactly! yet we let alves go for the square root of fuck all
And we upgraded him to De Sciglio. :shifty:

De Sciglio > Alves these past two years. Alves is finished. And now we have both De Sciglio and Cancelo.

- - - Updated - - -

Would be most intense 5 minutes of my life right there. Would die of excitement and with a rock hard boner
I would suggest you watch, while having sex with your friend and holding her husband's hand.

- - - Updated - - -

It must be ironic then :p. My apologies. Youre an ass anyways
giphy.gif

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
And we upgraded him to De Sciglio. :shifty:

De Sciglio > Alves these past two years. Alves is finished. And now we have both De Sciglio and Cancelo.

- - - Updated - - -

I would suggest you watch, while having sex with your friend and holding her husband's hand.
The point is though Alves was still a top RB when we let him go for nothing yet man city and psg were interested.

Meanwhile here we are moaning about letting go a 3rd choice CB who only attracted interest from a mid level peasant club in France and Qatar who are prepared to pay 10 mill

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
yes i am criticizing it because Juve were not considered as CL favorites then. we are now. This is simply not something that a club tipped for the CL does in January
The Mighty Barcelona is bringing in Kevin Prince Boateng.
Just think of how much more handsome our bench will look with Martin on board, when we win the CHL in May.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The point is though Alves was still a top RB when we let him go for nothing yet man city and psg were interested.

Meanwhile here we are moaning about letting go a 3rd choice CB who only attracted interest from a mid level peasant club in France and Qatar who are prepared to pay 10 mill
Dumb point is dumb.

Paratici is failing here. You would probably ask for Marotta to be assassinated if he did this move. Stop denying reality.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

That 3rd choice CB that you are talking about is far more valuable to us here than for the 10 million to ship him off. THAT is the point that we are all trying to make here, especially if that money does not bring another midfielder in.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
That 3rd choice CB that you are talking about is far more valuable to us here than for the 10 million to ship him off. THAT is the point that we are all trying to make here, especially if that money does not bring another midfielder in.
Thats only based on your opinion.

Lets say he's worth 20 mill in your eyes but only a couple of minor clubs want him, you're not going to get 20 mill for him are you regardless of how good you think he is. Like I said clubs like arsenal and chelsea could do with a defender yet if benatia was as good as some think he is they'd at least show some interest right and we'd get somewhere closer to a higher valuation.

Increased Valuation is only driven by interest

What we actually do with the money is another matter and one we will have to see.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Thats only based on your opinion.

Lets say he's worth 20 mill in your eyes but only a couple of minor clubs want him, you're not going to get 20 mill for him are you regardless of how good you think he is. Like I said clubs like arsenal and chelsea could do with a defender yet if benatia was as good as some think he is they'd at least show some interest right and we'd get somewhere closer to a higher valuation.

Increased Valuation is only driven by interest

What we actually do with the money is another matter and one we will have to see.

So it's better to have the 10 million that we might not spend this winter, and lose a rock solid CB in the process. This isn't about my valuation of him. This is about him being more important to us than this 10 million Euro that Juve are receiving. If Chiellini and/or Bonucci are out for an extended period of time, we are screwed.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
So it's better to have the 10 million that we might not spend this winter, and lose a rock solid CB in the process. This isn't about my valuation of him. This is about him being more important to us than this 10 million Euro that Juve are receiving. If Chiellini and/or Bonucci are out for an extended period of time, we are screwed.
the way i get it: it's not about the money, and it's not juventus who wanted to sell benatia. benatia has been unhappy for months and he simply looked for a club for himself. he's getting 5 million per year and will be a starter, that's a logical step at this point in his career. paratici did have a choice: stick with benatia, an unhappy player that the coach wouldn't play anyway for an other 5-6 months and lose money, or save on his salary, pick up some transfer $$$ and bring in a somewhat reliable solution that's caceres.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
the way i get it: it's not about the money, and it's not juventus who wanted to sell benatia. benatia has been unhappy for months and he simply looked for a club for himself. he's getting 5 million per year and will be a starter, that's a logical step at this point in his career. paratici did have a choice: stick with benatia, an unhappy player that the coach wouldn't play anyway for an other 5-6 months and lose money, or save on his salary, pick up some transfer $$$ and bring in a somewhat reliable solution that's caceres.
When has Caceres EVER been reliable? Please remind me of this. Be it on the field or off the field.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
When has Caceres EVER been reliable? Please remind me of this. Be it on the field or off the field.
this season, benatia played 5 matches against lowly teams like cagliari or bologna. (and milan :D ) i wonder whether caceres will get 200 minutes. he can do that against frosinone and spal i guess.

i agree that benatia is a huge loss. if it was up to me, he'd be our 2nd-3rd choice cb, depending on the opponent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)