Martin Cáceres (4 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Let me ask you something.

Assuming we bought an upgrade to Benatia in January where does this leave Rugani?

Secondly of the names linked ivanovic, caceres, alves - Caceres is definitely the best choice right?

Third - Who would you have liked to see because it's hard to see an upgrade available without eating significantly into our budget.

Remember we only need caceres till the end of the season.
If you can't upgrade, or at least replace him with an equally good player, don't sell in the middle of the season. It's that simple.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Let me ask you something.

Assuming we bought an upgrade to Benatia in January where does this leave Rugani?

Secondly of the names linked ivanovic, caceres, alves - Caceres is definitely the best choice

Third - Who would you have liked to see because it's hard to see an upgrade available without eating significantly into our budget.

Remember we only need caceres till the end of the season.

We are not aksing for an upgrade. But I don't think any of us exepcted such a colossal downgrade to Caceres. And yes, as a CB, this is a colossal downgrade.

Rugani and Benatia could start for 90% of the teams in Serie A, and a fair amount of teams in Europe.

Where would Caceres start at CB? What happens if Chiellini or Bonucci get injured? You really trust Caceres to do the job that Benatia could?

A team that is listed as a UCL favorite do not do this in January. They simply don't.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Nah, dream on. There's no way we're getting Caceres to help us for 6 months. He's gonna stay here for a long time (at least 2 seasons) IMO.

And to answer your question: we simply keep Benatia.
I can perhaps understand that if Barzagli moves on this summer maybe. Either way we are no doubt looking to make significant improvements to our back line in the summer to the point caceres would still be 2nd to last/last choice

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
If you can't upgrade, or at least replace him with an equally good player, don't sell in the middle of the season. It's that simple.
All this would have been avoided if Allegri played him just a bit more unfortunately. The guy had it worse than Rugani this season and that says a lot to be fair

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We never did that with Beppe and that's true, and that's a bad move from Paratici in that sense. However in the current context and circumstances where he is out of favor and very rarely play, and especially not central to the team's contribution I can understand why he's let go. What I don't like though is the transfer fee, 10 millions is too low.
It's only the from mid-November on that Benatia hasn't played. He played the full 9 in 5 of our first 12 Serie A matches this year. And for some reason hit the bench hard after that. He was also supposed to play the other day, before picking up an injury in the warm-up. He'd be very useful down the stretch as our 3rd best CB for rotation with a heavier load of matches arriving.

There's absolutely no reason to let him go mid-season unless it helps us upgrade the mid. And if Chiellini gets injured, this move could be a disaster.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
We are not aksing for an upgrade. But I don't think any of us exepcted such a colossal downgrade to Caceres. And yes, as a CB, this is a colossal downgrade.

Rugani and Benatia could start for 90% of the teams in Serie A, and a fair amount of teams in Europe.

Where would Caceres start at CB? What happens if Chiellini or Bonucci get injured? You really trust Caceres to do the job that Benatia could?

A team that is listed as a UCL favorite do not do this in January. They simply don't.
The problem here being that Juve didn't want to sell but Benatia has forced it out of the club's hands. As I said in another post he has a history of this at his previous clubs, whilst I didn't like his passive aggressive social media posts about his position, something I think is fair to say we never faced with other players that supposedly 'wanted out'

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
It's only the from mid-November on that Benatia hasn't played. He played the full 9 in 5 of our first 12 Serie A matches this year. And for some reason hit the bench hard after that. He was also supposed to play the other day, before picking up an injury in the warm-up. He'd be very useful down the stretch as our 3rd best CB for rotation with a heavier load of matches arriving.

There's absolutely no reason to let him go mid-season unless it helps us upgrade the mid. And if Chiellini gets injured, this move could be a disaster.
I was under the impression he played much less than that

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
All this would have been avoided if Allegri played him just a bit more unfortunately. The guy had it worse than Rugani this season and that says a lot to be fair
Please. Hardly Allegri's fault. Nice shifting of blame. It could have been avoided if management told him he has to wait until summer. Benatia isn't even going to some competitive league or team. He's going to a retirement league in the middle east for money :lol:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The problem here being that Juve didn't want to sell but Benatia has forced it out of the club's hands. As I said in another post he has a history of this at his previous clubs, whilst I didn't like his passive aggressive social media posts about his position, something I think is fair to say we never faced with other players that supposedly 'wanted out'

Oh, I see. So if the player doesn't whine and bitch about wanting out, they never really "wanted out." Because all players are the same, and can't do things on the down low or through their agent?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Oh, I see. So if the player doesn't whine and bitch about wanting out, they never really "wanted out." Because all players are the same, and can't do things on the down low or through their agent?
Tevez, Alves, Pogba all made it very clear in interviews and on social media (and in Pogba's case with ad campaigns) that they wanted out. Apparently it never happened before though. :lol3:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Please. Hardly Allegri's fault. Nice shifting of blame. It could have been avoided if management told him he has to wait until summer. Benatia isn't even going to some competitive league or team. He's going to a retirement league in the middle east for money :lol:
I'm not shifting the blame, I have no agenda honestly. The reason Benatia wants to move is because of playing time and that depends on Allegri's choices. Of course the management could have also avoided all of this, but I was speaking about the origin of the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)