Martin Cáceres (11 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Who cares about Badass seriously. During all these years with Beppe we've got stop gap solutions at most in January (like Rincon) until we got to the summer where we would go for a better solution. This is no different.

All of a sudden people expect De Ligt material in January
When did we ever sell a player of Benatia's quality in January, under Beppe? It's mid-season. In the summer, I'd be fine with this move. Even the price-tag. But in January? I expect a move to be made to upgrade the team now, at least the bench. Right now, we just downgraded our bench.

And what happens if Chiellini gets injured, a not infrequent occurrence.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'm really pissed we're selling Benatia. Especially because it's January.

But I always liked Caceres. Mostly because of his fighting spirit. He's warrior on the pitch and I always approve such mentality here. He's a good buy IMO. But him as a Benatia replacement? Not really impressed.

I remember seeing an interview of Paratici with Madzukic on that show and Paratici did mention Caceres iirc. I guess we knew we'd sign him for quite some time now.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
When did we ever sell a player of Benatia's quality in January, under Beppe? It's mid-season. In the summer, I'd be fine with this move. Even the price-tag. But in January? I expect a move to be made to upgrade the team now, at least the bench. Right now, we just downgraded our bench.

We never did that with Beppe and that's true, and that's a bad move from Paratici in that sense. However in the current context and circumstances where he is out of favor and very rarely play, and especially not central to the team's contribution I can understand why he's let go. What I don't like though is the transfer fee, 10 millions is too low.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

Let me ask you something.

Assuming we bought an upgrade to Benatia in January where does this leave Rugani?

Secondly of the names linked ivanovic, caceres, alves - Caceres is definitely the best choice right?

Third - Who would you have liked to see because it's hard to see an upgrade available without eating significantly into our budget.

Remember we only need caceres till the end of the season.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really pissed we're selling Benatia. Especially because it's January.

But I always liked Caceres. Mostly because of his fighting spirit. He's warrior on the pitch and I always approve such mentality here. He's a good buy IMO. But him as a Benatia replacement? Not really impressed.

I remember seeing an interview of Paratici with Madzukic on that show and Paratici did mention Caceres iirc. I guess we knew we'd sign him for quite some time now.
Probably because Benatia has been bitching about his position in the club since bonucci came back

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Let me ask you something.

Assuming we bought an upgrade to Benatia in January where does this leave Rugani?

Secondly of the names linked ivanovic, caceres, alves - Caceres is definitely the best choice right?

Third - Who would you have liked to see because it's hard to see an upgrade available without eating significantly into our budget.

Remember we only need caceres till the end of the season.
Nah, dream on. There's no way we're getting Caceres to help us for 6 months. He's gonna stay here for a long time (at least 2 seasons) IMO.

And to answer your question: we simply keep Benatia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)