Marotta-"Juve in the style of Barcelona" Jack heard wailing in despair from China (2 Viewers)

OP
Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #44
    Funny how people react.. Like its bad to follow the "Barca style", be it the way they play or the succes they have in getting youngsters from there B team to the first team! Some people just dont get it.. Watch tennis please!
    oh i see,you have not realised that the tone of this thread is very much "tongue in cheek" i will attempt to diffuse this situation from arising next time by putting a smiley in the first post so you can understand that i am being ironic

many apologies for causing this misunderstanding

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    If anything, he is underrated? He basically doesnt get little to no attention, despite scoring vital goals in every competition there is for Barcelona.

I mean, who overrates him? He does the silent role player job for Barca and been extremely productive for them, since he came from nowhere. Odd choice to be most overhyped of the past half decade, no?
    I think he's completely overblown. He's billed as the hot replacement for David Villa in the Spanish NT in a few years, a testament to the brilliance of Barca's youth system. And yet every competitive match I see him in where the scoreline isn't already 5-0, he gives Amauri a run for his money.

Overhyped, overblown, overrated, and not worthy of even Juve's youth system, IMO. If we needed someone like him, we would have kept Raffaelle Palladino. :pado:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    *cough* Giovinco is a victim of the poor Juventus youth policy
    Giovinco is partly a victim of his own inadequacies. Marchisio came back from loan from Empoli at the same time and managed to secure a foundational place on the squad and even a place in the (now quite lame) Italy NT. In fact, everyone suspected Giovinco was going to be more of the star than Marchisio -- not vice versa. So you cannot entirely blame it on a singular policy.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    I think he's completely overblown. He's billed as the hot replacement for David Villa in the Spanish NT in a few years, a testament to the brilliance of Barca's youth system. And yet every competitive match I see him in where the scoreline isn't already 5-0, he gives Amauri a run for his money.

Overhyped, overblown, overrated, and not worthy of even Juve's youth system, IMO. If we needed someone like him, we would have kept Raffaelle Palladino. :pado:
    You gotta be kidding me, I see nothing of what you could base this on. He performs for them in his little practical role, and has if anything overacheived due to what was expected of him (LOTS of important goals), which usually been little else then backup.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Yes, obviously he doesn't say we should play football the way Barcelona do when he says:

"Our objective for the future is to create a Juve in the style of Barcelona"
    That definitely means you guys will consist of Spaniards and play lazy football whilst declaring to the world that you're more than an old lady.

Or he could just mean he wants Juve to play with a higher level of consistency.

Or it could just be a vague way of saying the wants to make the club better.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    *cough* Giovinco is a victim of the poor Juventus youth policy
    He's just not that good. Overrated at a young age, given a platform he could never hope to reach.

I think it was Hawthorne that said "Players are always rising and falling at Juventuz".

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    We working towards a youth system as good as that of Barca? What's not to like about that really. And with the new UEFA regulations that are close to being introduced, this could well be our actual source of talent instead of that of constant loans and half ownership selling.

Sep 1, 2002
    We working towards a youth system as good as that of Barca? What's not to like about that really. And with the new UEFA regulations that are close to being introduced, this could well be our actual source of talent instead of that of constant loans and half ownership selling.
    Stop talking good sense, and get on the ignorant hate band-wagon.

May 4, 2004
    oh i see,you have not realised that the tone of this thread is very much "tongue in cheek" i will attempt to diffuse this situation from arising next time by putting a smiley in the first post so you can understand that i am being ironic

Whatever dude..

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002

Hardly tongue in cheek, same reaction towards Barca on this thread is the usual norm in any thread.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Yes, obviously he doesn't say we should play football the way Barcelona do when he says:

"Our objective for the future is to create a Juve in the style of Barcelona"
    Considering the context of Marotta's other quotes, I think he's quite clearly talking about the youth system. But if he means playing a possession game, then bring it on.

He's probably overrated by the Spanish and maybe English, but to say he's another Palladingo is pure folly.

He's just not that good. Overrated at a young age, given a platform he could never hope to reach.

I think it was Hawthorne that said "Players are always rising and falling at Juventuz".
    Seba has shown he can play. Even when he hasn't looked so well, he did change the game at times, like putting in a good ball for an assist. But after his good matches, he was usually benched. So nobody can say that he was given a proper chance. Such decisions destroy confidence.

Hardly tongue in cheek, same reaction towards Barca on this thread is the usual norm in any thread.
    Marotta just used Barca as an example because they have a good youth system. Of course some tighty-whities will get lodged up in the wake of the comment, needlessly.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    As a Juve fan, I'm asking my mum now to cook me the Barcelona style of food so I can also cheer and support ala Barcelona style.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)