Marotta-"Juve in the style of Barcelona" Jack heard wailing in despair from China (1 Viewer)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Juventus plan to follow Barcelona's model of nurturing young players within a certain style, according to the club's general manager Beppe Marotta.

The Old Lady has implemented a number of structural changes since the summer when Gigi Del Neri moved to Turin along with Marotta in an effort to point the club in a different direction.

Interviewed on the Juventus Channel, he said: “We are focusing on young players. We have done it and we will continue to do it in the next few years.

Our objective for the future is to create a Juve in the style of Barcelona.

“It takes instinct to find the most promising players and bring them to Vinovo, but also courage to given them a debut in the first team.

“This year a new cycle has opened. Twelve new signings arrived without counting the Primavera. We have renewed the team, notably lowering the average age.

“There will be no big signings in January. I can assure you of that. But we will be careful to exploit any opportunity that arrives. So we could move for a player who is in difficulty with his club who wants a transfer and the possibility to realise his potential elsewhere, hopefully here at Juventus.

“The objective would be a loan with a right to buy.”

if you hear a pop,it may be Jacks brain

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
u guys dont get it :disagree: this is a coded message from the mothership aimed to maher so he can make a comeback to the forums. key words being barfa style of play :D

rainhard

May 5, 2004
“There will be no big signings in January. I can assure you of that. But we will be careful to exploit any opportunity that arrives. So we could move for a player who is in difficulty with his club who wants a transfer and the possibility to realise his potential elsewhere, hopefully here at Juventus.

“The objective would be a loan with a right to buy.”

Benzema ?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It doesn't mean a direct copy, more that we will have a certain way of playing (like now) and all our players will play like that, as Ajax, Barca etc, but not like them.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Getting all of the youth teams to play the same formation (so when they play for us they're easy to slot in) and bringing youngsters up all the way to the main team and playing them regularly. Thats what he means when he says he wants us to be like Barca.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I don't know what is wrong with that. Get great young talents, nurturing them and have courage to slowly but sure make them into 1st team. That what Marotta said, and he is using Barcelona as a model that already do that. maybe Ajax do that too.

Isn't that what we want ? when we scream for giving Giovinco time to play in 1st team.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's not like Barca is the only side with a good youth system either. But I'm not sure who wouldn't want to have one similar to theirs with the players they bring through.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I love the idea, we're already using a lot of youngsters so why not take it one step further?

As far as this "certain style" is concerned though, what would that be? Something like the 4-4-2/4-3-3 where we attack mainly through the wings ? Or something less specific?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)