Marotta-"Juve in the style of Barcelona" Jack heard wailing in despair from China (6 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I love the idea, we're already using a lot of youngsters so why not take it one step further?

As far as this "certain style" is concerned though, what would that be? Something like the 4-4-2/4-3-3 where we attack mainly through the wings ? Or something less specific?
Not sure, but it better not be focused around just one single system. That would be idiotic as it would limit our choices of successor managers. You don't want to do that.

And for the record, Pedro is the most overrated sack of crap I've seen on a pitch in the past half decade.
No, that would be a close second to Brian Ching and Wayne Rooney.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Not sure, but it better not be focused around just one single system. That would be idiotic as it would limit our choices of successor managers. You don't want to do that.
I don't think that would work well in Italy, Playing one system all the time.

I think ranieri said that too and for the first time I believe that old fool had a point.

May 4, 2004
Funny how people react.. Like its bad to follow the "Barca style", be it the way they play or the succes they have in getting youngsters from there B team to the first team! Some people just dont get it.. Watch tennis please!

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Funny how people react.. Like its bad to follow the "Barca style", be it the way they play or the succes they have in getting youngsters from there B team to the first team! Some people just dont get it.. Watch tennis please!
i dont like the way they play, and i cheered when i saw how inter tore them a new asshole, the exact same style as we did in the past.

its sad mourinho doesnt have the squad he had at inter, or they would have never won 5-0 against madrid. hence it would have been 0-2.

as of an example, barcelona, is merely a copy of what the great ajax of the past did. cruyff succesfully implemented the way ajax worked at barcelona.

ajax made their entire yought training complex working around getting players that would fit in the 4-3-3 formation perfectly, and barcelona has copied that nicely.

marotta is absolutely right when he claims we should follow the example ajax set more then a decade ago

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
oh yes, forgot to mention that

aside from the fact our youghtsysthem will be shaped to provide the players to support the current systhem, the way we play currently is finally back how it should be. i hope del neri can start a carreer like fergusson

May 22, 2007
Marotta obviously means how the youth organization is set up, not how we play. Don't get your panties in a twist, ladies.
I'm surprised someone had to point this out. Makes me wonder if people actually read the article or not.

Looking at the way the team is shaped, I don't think the system used is restrictive. I don't think it could stop Delneri from using a 4-3-3 quite effectively, for example, but there are certain holes in the squad which need to be filled before anyone is content.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I'm surprised someone had to point this out. Makes me wonder if people actually read the article or not.

Looking at the way the team is shaped, I don't think the system used is restrictive. I don't think it could stop Delneri from using a 4-3-3 quite effectively, for example, but there are certain holes in the squad which need to be filled before anyone is content.
you know how it works in here :rndh:
:xmas:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Marotta obviously means how the youth organization is set up, not how we play. Don't get your panties in a twist, ladies.
:agree:

And maybe developing a style of football that Juve will seek to play at all age groups.

And for the record, Pedro is the most overrated sack of crap I've seen on a pitch in the past half decade.
Scores some important goals.

And Busquets is way more overrated than Pedro.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sure, we are Juventus. That doesn't mean we can't improve areas of our club that haven't worked out in the past.

I've been banging on about the youth system for years. That is obviously an area that can always be improved upon.

So, props to Marotta for striving to do so. Not sure if I like the loaning facet of it, but it is what it is.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Secco and Ferrara said the same thing.
And Blanc, exactly what I thought when I read that. Its just all talk. We arent really much interested in nurturing our youth players or going for a specific football style (with how much we change coaches). Frankly right now we dont have the luxury to.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yes, obviously he doesn't say we should play football the way Barcelona do when he says:

"Our objective for the future is to create a Juve in the style of Barcelona"

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If anything, he is underrated? He basically doesnt get little to no attention, despite scoring vital goals in every competition there is for Barcelona.

I mean, who overrates him? He does the silent role player job for Barca and been extremely productive for them, since he came from nowhere. Odd choice to be most overhyped of the past half decade, no?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Sure, we are Juventus. That doesn't mean we can't improve areas of our club that haven't worked out in the past.

I've been banging on about the youth system for years. That is obviously an area that can always be improved upon.

So, props to Marotta for striving to do so. Not sure if I like the loaning facet of it, but it is what it is.
I'm not sure if Marrotta is striving to do so, or if he is using it as an easy excuse to not sign big players, like IMO Blanc and Secco did. Its easy PR, to say you will focus on youth (then see how they treat them).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)