Mario Mandžukić (38 Viewers)

Legend or Rookie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
You know absolutely nothing about Mandzukic if you think this. He's one of the best forwards in the world at pressing, harrying, and harassing a defensive line, causing defenders to make mistakes, to give the ball away, etc. His workrate is fantastic. So even when he doesn't score, he tires out the defense, causes mistakes and bad passes that create turnovers and chances to score for others, draws defenders to him like flies to the dungheap, and contributes massively in many ways.
@Zacheryah knows what I'm talking about here.

The fact you say "nothing he can do" will change your opinion, just makes you sound ridiculous. So if he started scoring every single match he played, it wouldn't change your opinion? :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

His pressing game is one of the best in football from a forward. This isn't something new or out of the ordinary, it's been known forever about Mandzukic. While he was out of fitness here, it was a little lax, but if you watched the ManCity game it was fantastic, as it was during the first ManCity game too.
:tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
You know absolutely nothing about Mandzukic if you think this. He's one of the best forwards in the world at pressing, harrying, and harassing a defensive line, causing defenders to make mistakes, to give the ball away, etc. His workrate is fantastic. So even when he doesn't score, he tires out the defense, causes mistakes and bad passes that create turnovers and chances to score for others, draws defenders to him like flies to the dungheap, and contributes massively in many ways.

The fact you say "nothing he can do" will change your opinion, just makes you sound ridiculous. So if he started scoring every single match he played, it wouldn't change your opinion? :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

His pressing game is one of the best in football from a forward. This isn't something new or out of the ordinary, it's been known forever about Mandzukic. While he was out of fitness here, it was a little lax, but if you watched the ManCity game it was fantastic, as it was during the first ManCity game too.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I know. I just disagreed that his pressing game is on another level when compared to Tevez.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

I don't follow and don't like players like him so it is fair to say I don't know too much about his game. My opinion is based mainly on his performance in Juve shirt. And so far it has been unsatisfactory at least. I am tired of reading about this intensive pressing as characteristic of his game because it is as mythcal as an unicorn - I saw glimpses of it against Man city but several days before that this guy was a phantom vs Milan. As almost every time he plays.
He has 2 goals in Seria A for 600 minutes of play as exclusively CF. Much better is the ratio in CL I admit - 2 goals in 200 minutes. But I won't give him much credit for these strikes because they are all tap-ins. Other than the goals I can hardly remember anything constructive from him.
And he won't start scoring like crazy every game - even suggesting that is an act of rape against the rational mind. It will mean that our creative play has improved so dramatically that it will allow even a liability like him to flourish.

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015
I don't follow and don't like players like him so it is fair to say I don't know too much about his game. My opinion is based mainly on his performance in Juve shirt. And so far it has been unsatisfactory at least. I am tired of reading about this intensive pressing as characteristic of his game because it is as mythcal as an unicorn - I saw glimpses of it against Man city but several days before that this guy was a phantom vs Milan. As almost every time he plays.
He has 2 goals in Seria A for 600 minutes of play as exclusively CF. Much better is the ratio in CL I admit - 2 goals in 200 minutes. But I won't give him much credit for these strikes because they are all tap-ins. Other than the goals I can hardly remember anything constructive from him.
And he won't start scoring like crazy every game - even suggesting that is an act of $#@! against the rational mind. It will mean that our creative play has improved so dramatically that it will allow even a liability like him to flourish.
Tap in or not, a goal is a goal.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
It's a classic tuz reaction. Another clutch goal against Man City paired with probably his first good all-round performance for Juve and all of the sudden his painful displays are a distant memory. His numbers are decent. He's doing his job as an out and out striker but Wednesday was the first time I saw him manage to link up with his team mates and not fumble the ball. A big striker who can receive the ball with his back to goal or win in it the air, hold it up and dish it off to a team mate is invaluable. Having that reference point up forward that can participate in the build up does heaps for keeping the ball and quickly moving it from one end of the pitch to the other,especially this Juve where Bonucci so often plays the ball into the CF.

So far, with Wednesday being the exception, Mandzukic has straight up stunk at this. And even though he did well against City, when Morata came on you could see who the better player was. Morata is great with his back to goal. I don't get how he isn't preferred to Mandzukic. Mario might be getting better but he is absolutely our second best CF.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
It's a classic tuz reaction. Another clutch goal against Man City paired with probably his first good all-round performance for Juve and all of the sudden his painful displays are a distant memory. His numbers are decent. He's doing his job as an out and out striker but Wednesday was the first time I saw him manage to link up with his team mates and not fumble the ball. A big striker who can receive the ball with his back to goal or win in it the air, hold it up and dish it off to a team mate is invaluable. Having that reference point up forward that can participate in the build up does heaps for keeping the ball and quickly moving it from one end of the pitch to the other,especially this Juve where Bonucci so often plays the ball into the CF.

So far, with Wednesday being the exception, Mandzukic has straight up stunk at this. And even though he did well against City, when Morata came on you could see who the better player was. Morata is great with his back to goal. I don't get how he isn't preferred to Mandzukic. Mario might be getting better but he is absolutely our second best CF.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

- - - Updated - - -

"Mandzukic no positive impact if he doesnt score" :rofl:
This is advanced peasantry right here :rofl:

His pressing and harrassment game against city was again incredible. I wonder if he didnt get injured how long he'd keep that up

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Id like to point out as well that Morata cant do it all by myself either. He looks a bit lost without Tevez. Our whole team has looked lost by the way, but Morata is definitely included in that.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006

:tup: :tup:

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
Manduzkic is technically a mediocre player, but his ability to score goals in crucial moments where things look bad/blocked is unbelievable. Lazio in Supercoppa, both times against City, Empoli... You need some character to do that. Thus those analyzing him just over the technical point of view are dead wrong. Don't know/care if he'll be a starter and how long, but since he'll be in this team his impact will never be null, cause he's too much deadly and knows what he has to do.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And he won't start scoring like crazy every game - even suggesting that is an act of rape against the rational mind. It will mean that our creative play has improved so dramatically that it will allow even a liability like him to flourish.
This guy. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -
@Hydde

:p

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Still not the Mandzukic I knew but getting better.
6 goals now, bro. On pace for 20. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't matter. Mandzu is still shit player. I am not changing my opinion just to fit in.
The fact you are so blinded by irrational hatred of this guy to actually believe this is absurd.

You could say, "he's not a great player", or he's a "slightly above average player", and people might take you seriously.

But calling one of only 11 players in all of the European big leagues with over 20 goals in each of the last 3 seasons "a shit player" just makes you sound utterly ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)