Marco Carnesecchi - GK - Atalanta (1 Viewer)

OP
Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #21
    How is he with the ball at his feet? Guintoli will appoint a coach who demands footwork from the keeper
    Seems pretty comfortable from what I've seen, plus his passing is good

- - - Updated - - -

Turati is for me a bigger prospect. 21 years old playing for Frosinone (On loan from Sassuolo). He had 19 clean sheets in Serie B, that's a record.
    What I really like about him is that he is really good at catching the ball instead of pushing it away from the goal. He is not that showkeeper, but really steady and a big presence on the field.
    Dude looks good.

Italy ready to flood the football world with goalkeepers

- - - Updated - - -

Is he as good as Meret? Looks clumsy likes tek.
    Yes he is but he's not as good as Simone Scuffet

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #22
    One to learn from today by the looks of it

First three goals were all due to Cremonese once again failing to deal with an aerial delivery

0:08 first one is a bullet cross, Marco had no chance to react, but its as if the cross goes right through the defender

0:32 Benny Hill defending fuckup from a corner. You can see Carnesecchi get fucked off by it, which is possibly why he decides to be more proactive in the...

1:05 third goal. Marco decides to try and punch it away, but completely misses. Maybe because of the bodies in the way or because he mistimes it. Either way it's his fuck up once he commits and doesn't get there

On the plus side, 0:53 is a great save

1:25 4th goal, it's a good counter attack. From his positioning, I can presume that Carnesecchi was quite high up when the ball was at the other end, and struggled to regain his bearings. Once Orsolini puts the ball past him he probably could have got a hand to it, but lost his balance and footing slightly. Great finish from that angle as well, tbf

2:19 it's a well-worked move, and the defender doesn't help in blocking the shot at all, but you could say Marco covered the near post too much. Although thinking about it now that may have been the right decision, as he'd probably expect the defender to slide and block instead of jump over the ball.

Not his best game for sure. That's Cremonese in B next year. Hopefully he takes the opportunity to learn what he can from this sinking ship. (over the remaining games, I meant)

- - - Updated - - -

Also on that 5th goal, that is some truly terrible defending from whoever it is (44) who 'slides' to block. Plays the attacker well onside, and isn't even close enough to him to tackle or block the pass. The attempt from 28 to get back is like Rabiot at his worst, and number 5 couldn't look less interested in stopping the pass from happening. They'd completely given up by then

Last edited:
    OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #24
    Them relegating gives us a good position during the negotiations. We should include some NG player to lower the price
    The thing is he's on loan at Cremonese from Atalanta. They may want him for the first team next season. (I don't know how highly Sportiello is rated).

If they were smart they'd negotiate with us by saying

"You think this guy will be your 1st team GK for the next decade?"
    "Yes"
    "The new Buffon, in effect?"
    "Yes"
    "How much did you pay for him again?"
    "52m eur"
    "And how much is that in today's money?"
    "Around 80m"
    "That's our price then"

But I think/hope that the fact there are 3 or 4 young Italian goalkeepers who all look very promising might play in our favour in this regard, as Buffon was a clear singular generational talent.

Unless you mean him being part of the worst defence in Serie A will enable us to negotiate down his price? I don't know how much an effect that argument will have. It would have been far worse if they'd had a goalkeeper on par with the rest of their squad. But I'm being objective, of course if I'm the Juve negotiator I'm pointing out all that.

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
    IMO Vicario is better and more ready.
    Is a "more ready" keeper necessary?

If Szczesny is sold this summer and they sign a long term replacement this summer, they still have the crutch of Perin that can start or rotate with whoever the new signing is if they dont think he's ready full time.

Hell, I could see management selling Szczesny and just going with Perin for the year and reevaluating the position for next summer if they dont want to invest in a GK this summer.

The presence of Perin allows the flexibility of not needing an immediately impact "plug and play" guy.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
    Is a "more ready" keeper necessary?

If Szczesny is sold this summer and they sign a long term replacement this summer, they still have the crutch of Perin that can start or rotate with whoever the new signing is if they dont think he's ready full time.

Hell, I could see management selling Szczesny and just going with Perin for the year and reevaluating the position for next summer if they dont want to invest in a GK this summer.

The presence of Perin allows the flexibility of not needing an immediately impact "plug and play" guy.
    That would be great since he's expensive as fuck but too bad it won't happen.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    yeah whose gonna give Szczesny 9m net season like we do?
    He's only got a year left on his deal so it could be easier to sell him now. He's had a pretty good season, I could see a premier league club buy him, those clubs are constantly overpaying for guys.

With no Europe, they may as well sign Carnesecchi and bring him to be Perin's backup.

Last edited:

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
    With no Europe, they may as well sign Carnesecchi and bring him to be Perin's backup.
    If you're investing in Carnesecchi, it would be stupid to not start him. He'll be 23 and needs to play regularly.

You either have to start him, loan him out, or have some kind of 70/30 or 60/40 type split if they think Perin is better now, but Carnesecchi is the long term investment they need to play.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    If you're investing in Carnesecchi, it would be stupid to not start him. He'll be 23 and needs to play regularly.

You either have to start him, loan him out, or have some kind of 70/30 or 60/40 type split if they think Perin is better now, but Carnesecchi is the long term investment they need to play.
    yeah I would expect something closer to 50/50 if they sell Tek. Perin is really good though, if it wasnt for his injury history I'd feel comfortable with him as the guy for the foreseeable future. He's only 30, thats nothing for a GK, especially one that hasn't played as much.

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
    yeah I would expect something closer to 50/50 if they sell Tek. Perin is really good though, if it wasnt for his injury history I'd feel comfortable with him as the guy for the foreseeable future. He's only 30, thats nothing for a GK, especially one that hasn't played as much.
    I agree that I'd be perfectly fine with Perin as the starting GK next year if Szczesny is sold and they dont want to invest in a long term GK this summer. He's not great, but for the situation Juve is in right now and for next season, he's good enough.

I just hate the idea of having 2 keepers where there is a 50-50 split. It almost always gets complicated. To me, if you invest in someone this summer, you gotta play him and make sure he's he #1 guy. If you want to rotate Perin in, that's fine. I wouldnt do 50-50 though.

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #34
    Didn't play their last two games. Either:

Due to the 5-0 thrashing they figured he needed some time out

or

Since Cremonese's relegation was confirmed Atalanta asked them not to play him to avoid risk of injury because they expect to sell him this summer.
    Probably the former lol

May 28, 2023
    Didn't play their last two games. Either:

Due to the 5-0 thrashing they figured he needed some time out

or

Since Cremonese's relegation was confirmed Atalanta asked them not to play him to avoid risk of injury because they expect to sell him this summer.
    Probably the former lol
    Leaning towards the second option.

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #37
    Carnesecchi Watch:

France 2-1 Italy
    U-21 EURO

From this video (I didn't see the whole game) it looks like Italy probably didn't deserve to lose, they had a lot of chances and this French GK Lucas Chevalier of Lille had a fantastic game with a number of stunning saves to win the game for France, who ended on 10 men. There was a potential Italian goal which may have been over the line, but wasn't given.

Marco (who at 22 is a designated overage player) faced 4 shots on target and conceded two goals. The goals are all we see of him in the highlights.

The first was at 30 seconds. Absolutely outrageous goal. Great technique, used the defender as a screen and the placement was inch perfect. Unstoppable, really.

The second is at 52 seconds. Udogie acting like an insane clown posse in the box gives the ball away for absolutely no reason. All Marco can do is rush out and make himself big and in the end is beaten.

I don't think either goes down as a negative for him, but I suppose you could argue the second was a 1-on-1 and he could have done better.

https://www.uefa.com/under21/video/...5ed3a6923f-1000--highlights-france-2-1-italy/

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking to Sportweek:

"Con il mio agente ci siamo dati una regola: finché non c’è nulla di concreto, non deve né chiamarmi né scrivermi, perché potrebbe distrarmi dal mio obiettivo che ora è l’Europeo U21. Sono dell’Atalanta, sono felice di esserlo e il mio futuro è in mano a loro. Essere accostato alla Juve però è motivo di grande orgoglio. Se mi sento pronto per una big? Credo che nessuno lo possa mai essere, nemmeno il portiere più forte al mondo. Finché non accade, è impossibile saperlo"
    "I told my agent: as long as there is nothing concrete, he must neither call nor write to me, because it could distract me from my goal which is now the U21 European Championship. I'm an Atalanta player, I'm happy to be and my future is in their hands. However, being associated with Juve is a source of great pride. Do I feel ready for a big team? I think no one can ever be, not even the strongest goalkeeper in the world. Until it happens, it's impossible to know"

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #38
    Switzerland U21 2-3 Italy U21

I didn't watch this whole game, the video only shows the goals.
    Stats say Switzerland had 16 shots, 5 on target and 2 goals.

First goal at 1:15
    Begins with a clown show at the back, first a weak clearance from Okoli, then the DM slips (can't see who it was who slipped) and then nobody properly closes down the player about to score. The finish is from outside the box and tbh is brilliant. Carnesecchi is right to be a couple of steps off his line in that situation, and the strike is inch-perfect and loops into the top corner. Defensive fuckup imo

Second goal 1:34
    This was a 1-on-1 that comes again from poor decision making at the back. Okoli should have kept running back to pick up the loose man because Scalvini went with the runner. Instead Okoli stands where he is and Scalvini is left to try and rush back to cover. He gets turned and it's a great finish. Same as the last game, you could make the argument that Marco should do better in the 1-on-1; maybe he could have rushed out a little earlier to narrow down the angle, but it'd be a split second of difference. It's a good finish.

https://www.uefa.com/under21/video/...2181f-1000--highlights-switzerland-2-3-italy/

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    Switzerland U21 2-3 Italy U21

I didn't watch this whole game, the video only shows the goals.
    Stats say Switzerland had 16 shots, 5 on target and 2 goals.

First goal at 1:15
    Begins with a clown show at the back, first a weak clearance from Okoli, then the DM slips (can't see who it was who slipped) and then nobody properly closes down the player about to score. The finish is from outside the box and tbh is brilliant. Carnesecchi is right to be a couple of steps off his line in that situation, and the strike is inch-perfect and loops into the top corner. Defensive fuckup imo

Second goal 1:34
    This was a 1-on-1 that comes again from poor decision making at the back. Okoli should have kept running back to pick up the loose man because Scalvini went with the runner. Instead Okoli stands where he is and Scalvini is left to try and rush back to cover. He gets turned and it's a great finish. Same as the last game, you could make the argument that Marco should do better in the 1-on-1; maybe he could have rushed out a little earlier to narrow down the angle, but it'd be a split second of difference. It's a good finish.

https://www.uefa.com/under21/video/...2181f-1000--highlights-switzerland-2-3-italy/
    So basically, this Okoli guy isn't very good I take it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)