Marco Carnesecchi - GK - Atalanta (3 Viewers)

OP
Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #61
    Not been following football the past few months, but had a peek at how my boy is doing. I'm obviously not watching full games but as a straight-up shot stopper this guy looks the real deal. Excellent reflexes, agility and very strong and brave in 1-on-1s. Seems established by now as first choice at Atalanta who are 1 point off 4th place as it stands.

A lot of the goals he concedes seem to be headers either from corners or from indirect free kicks. For me those should be getting dealt with by the defenders and not so much his fault.

Carnesecchi Watch

Monday 15th Jan vs Frosinone
    5-0 Atalanta
    Clean sheet, 5 shots faced on target, some nice reflex saves

Wed 10th Jan vs Milan Coppa Quarter
    1-2 Atalanta
    Conceded from an incredible Leao finish, besides that showed some great reflexes and agility, especially the two starting at 2:14. 5 shots faced on target

7th Jan vs Roma
    1-1
    Conceded from a penalty, 6 shots faced on target. Besides the pen made some really impressive saves especially the rushout and hustle at 1:00, and the save at 1:43

30 Dec vs Lecce
    1-0 Atalanta
    Clean sheet, 2 shots faced on target
    One proper dumbass moment at 0:30, but saved the resulting shot. Amazing 88th minute save to keep the 3 points at 2:38

23rd Dec vs Bologna
    1-0 Bologna
    Conceded from a corner in 85th minute 2:28. Unmarked header. Poor defending imo. Looks like Bologna were carving up Atalanta like fuck at the back, but that was their only registered shot on target

18th Dec vs Salernitana
    4-1 Atalanta
    Conceded from a header 0:07. Bad marking, but probably could have done more to try and save it. Excellent 1-on-1 save at 1:38 3 shots faced on target

Buy on AliExpress.com
    Last edited:

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    But would he accept being hugely overpaid and contribute with ~9 lost points every season but flex with about 6 gained points every season?

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #63
    But would he accept being hugely overpaid and contribute with ~9 lost points every season but flex with about 6 gained points every season?
    You don't rate Carnesecchi? Or is this a reference to another player?

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    You don't rate Carnesecchi? Or is this a reference to another player?
    reference to our own Polack, I know very little of Carnesecchi. I have him in FM but scarcely seen him IRL. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Would love to see him at Juventus.
    When Van der Saar came I was really happy because I really liked him. But it was also regrettable because I am traditional and want our team to be more Italy-based, especially our GK. As a side note, I miss not having any Uruguayans here. Our team should have at least one french player and someone from Uruguay, preferably striker och defender.
    If Marco is starting material for us, I'd be extremely happy to see him here.

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
    I like his talent, but I'm not sure he's ready to take the giant step of being the #1 for one of the top clubs in the world.

Szczesny is only 33, reliable, and will probably extend his contract soon and lower his wages. I see no reason to make any drastic changes at the GK position.

Continue to monitor him and maybe he's an option in the next couple of years

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #67
    :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

I like his talent, but I'm not sure he's ready to take the giant step of being the #1 for one of the top clubs in the world.

Szczesny is only 33, reliable, and will probably extend his contract soon and lower his wages. I see no reason to make any drastic changes at the GK position.

Continue to monitor him and maybe he's an option in the next couple of years
    Imo the thing is that we are not one of the top clubs in the world right now. We're not top 10. As it stands in terms of quality it's not a huge jump to go from Atalanta to us. It'd be ideal for him to join now and then grow with the club as we build towards reclaiming our spot at the very top.

Extending Woj would be a terrible business decision imo

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
    Jan 28, 2013
    :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

Imo the thing is that we are not one of the top clubs in the world right now. We're not top 10. As it stands in terms of quality it's not a huge jump to go from Atalanta to us. It'd be ideal for him to join now and then grow with the club as we build towards reclaiming our spot at the very top.

Extending Woj would be a terrible business decision imo
    If we're not top 10, we're just outside it. Make no mistake. We have the talent and we're pushing for a Scudetto.

Who is top 10 besides us? Bayern, Real, Barca, PSG, City, Liverpool, Inter, who else? Dortmund? Leverkausen? Maybe Tottenham?

Top 10 is not as deep as you'd imagine.

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #69
    If we're not top 10, we're just outside it. Make no mistake. We have the talent and we're pushing for a Scudetto.

Who is top 10 besides us? Bayern, Real, Barca, PSG, City, Liverpool, Inter, who else? Dortmund? Leverkausen? Maybe Tottenham?

Top 10 is not as deep as you'd imagine.
    You're probably right, I have no idea what I'm saying to be honest. As usual.

Would I be right in asserting that there is a huge gap between the top 5 and 6-10 though? That's more what I had in mind, that we're nowhere near CL-winning quality, and thinking we are currently so good that a quickly upcoming goalkeeper would drown is misguided.

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
    You're probably right, I have no idea what I'm saying to be honest. As usual.

Would I be right in asserting that there is a huge gap between the top 5 and 6-10 though? That's more what I had in mind, that we're nowhere near CL-winning quality, and thinking we are currently so good that a quickly upcoming goalkeeper would drown is misguided.
    There is a massive gap between top 4 and the rest of the world. City, PSG. Bayern, and Real. I th8nk there is no other way to see it.

I'd argue Liverpool has already fallen out of that group. Barca too.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    There is a massive gap between top 4 and the rest of the world. City, PSG. Bayern, and Real. I th8nk there is no other way to see it.

I'd argue Liverpool has already fallen out of that group. Barca too.
    Take PSG out and put Pool in. PSG will soon become a meme club once Mbappe leaves them.

Just because Pool did not play CL this year, doesn't mean they are finished. They are on the same level as City and other elite clubs this year.

Agree about Barca though.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
    Whenever i see this guy he doesnt impress me at all, is there even any rumour to this or simple invetion from Tuz users? We dont need him and he is not good enough.

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
    Take PSG out and put Pool in. PSG will soon become a meme club once Mbappe leaves them.

Just because Pool did not play CL this year, doesn't mean they are finished. They are on the same level as City and other elite clubs this year.

Agree about Barca though.
    Not a chance. Liverpool decimated by injuries, Salah rumored to be shopped this summer, midfield of jokers almost as bad as us. Not a chance.

PSG might be below that top4 but then I'd just change it to a top 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)