Marco Carnesecchi - GK - Atalanta (9 Viewers)

Jun 27, 2011
I like his talent, but I'm not sure he's ready to take the giant step of being the #1 for one of the top clubs in the world.

Szczesny is only 33, reliable, and will probably extend his contract soon and lower his wages. I see no reason to make any drastic changes at the GK position.

Continue to monitor him and maybe he's an option in the next couple of years
He's a phenomenon. If there's a chance, we should take it. As we took Buffon.

- - - Updated - - -

Toli should go all in now before he gets scooped by EPL
I'd be very disappointed to know we're not already calculating this deal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
He's a phenomenon. If there's a chance, we should take it. As we took Buffon.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be very disappointed to know we're not already calculating this deal.
Hmm, we really have so many other priorities... I think we'd be better off if Szczesny takes a big pay cut and we save our money for wingers and midfielders.

OP
Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #87
    Carnesecchi Watch

Atalanta 2 - 0 Udinese
    27th Jan

Clean sheet

1v1 save at 1:03
    Then at 1:14 there's some miscommunication with the defender as to who's coming for the ball, but he makes the save regardless.

Stats say Udinese had 13 shots, 5 on target

====

Atalanta 3 - 1 Lazio
    4th Feb
    Lazio 7 shots, 1 on target

Lazio's goal was a penalty. 2:15, some of the worst harebrained attempts at defending I've seen.

====

Genoa 1 - 4 Atalanta
    11th Feb
    Genoa 15 shots, 6 on target

0:36 good blind save
    0:51 Genoa goal. Poor defending, but an unstoppable shot tbh, absolute rocket

====

Atalanta 3 - 0 Sassuolo
    17th Feb

Sassuolo 12 shots, 4 on target

0:40 fairly routine save for Marco.
    0:52 fucking incredible point-blank reaction save, does enough to turn the ball onto the crossbar. Once again defence fails to deal with crosses.
    1:20 saves a penalty, and does the Gigi celebration thing. Penalty retaken, saves again and goes mental celebrating omg I love him :sheik::sheik::sheik:

Awarded MOTM for this game

====

Milan 1 - 1 Atalanta
    25th Feb

Milan 20 shots, 7 on target

0:10 Leao's goal. World class. Unstoppable.
    1:55 good save, didn't see much of it and had to react.
    2:34 remarkable agility on the first shot. Bailed out by defender on the rebound. Great save.

- - - Updated - - -

The man is ready. Get him signed asap, his price will only continue to go up the longer we wait

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #90
    Carnesecchi watch
    Sat 30th March
    Napoli 0 - 3 Atalanta
    Another clean sheet for Marco
    Napoli 20 shots, 6 on target

0:55 1-on-1 with Osimhen. The ball bounced awkwardly and allowed Napoli another shot which was blocked by a defender.

1:35 maybe misjudged the swerve on the shot from Zielinksi and allowed it to go by, but what an incredible scramble on the follow up! Love that he celebrates saves

2:15 another great save on Osimhen. Fairly close to him, but he did a great job of parrying it well away from goal.

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #92
    Fiorentina 1 - 0 Atalanta
    Coppa Italia Semi final 1st leg
    3rd April
    Fiorentina 20 shots, 4 on target

0:28 corner shenanigans. Lots of shots blocked by defenders, Carnesecchi able to keep his concentration and not overcomit to a save until he actually had to make one.
    0:51 really fluid counter from Viola. Marco made the save he had to when called upon
    1:41 Viola goal. One of the best strikes I've ever seen. Unstoppable tbh. Mandragora lmao
    3:05 gobsmacking fingertip save

3:35 excellent 1-on-1 stop

- - - Updated - - -

Real talk watch the goal and that save at 3:05 holy fuck

We SO should have moved on him last summer and dumped Tek. He's ready to be a big team goalkeeper, but his price tag will be high af and he'll get bought by somebody with far deeper pockets than us.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
    Fiorentina 1 - 0 Atalanta
    Coppa Italia Semi final 1st leg
    3rd April
    Fiorentina 20 shots, 4 on target

0:28 corner shenanigans. Lots of shots blocked by defenders, Carnesecchi able to keep his concentration and not overcomit to a save until he actually had to make one.
    0:51 really fluid counter from Viola. Marco made the save he had to when called upon
    1:41 Viola goal. One of the best strikes I've ever seen. Unstoppable tbh. Mandragora lmao
    3:05 gobsmacking fingertip save

3:35 excellent 1-on-1 stop

- - - Updated - - -

Real talk watch the goal and that save at 3:05 holy fuck

We SO should have moved on him last summer and dumped Tek. He's ready to be a big team goalkeeper, but his price tag will be high af and he'll get bought by somebody with far deeper pockets than us.
    Is he better than Di Gregorio or Meret? How about his ball playing skills?

OP
    Scottish

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
    Mar 13, 2011
  • Thread Starter #94
    Is he better than Di Gregorio or Meret? How about his ball playing skills?
    I don't know who either of those two are. Yes he's better than them :grin:

With the ball at his feet he's okay, made some bad decisions that I've seen as far as passes that give up possession but Atalanta don't play the way we do so it remains to be seen exactly how well he'll do if we continue to pass it out like we do now. Good question.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
    Good things take time. For instance Marotta's first mercato was mediocre at best. The rest is history.
    This is Giuntolis second summer here. He has barely made any moves in the last two transfer windows.
    Szczesny earns €12m a year. That's more than Lautaro Martinez (11m). I know he's reliable but is he worth that much? We could sign a new #1 on maybe €3m a year. Maybe someone like Di Gregorio could be an option and be almost as reliable. The current state of Juve can't afford such a "luxury" keeper IMO

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
    This is Giuntolis second summer here. He has barely made any moves in the last two transfer windows.
    Szczesny earns €12m a year. That's more than Lautaro Martinez (11m). I know he's reliable but is he worth that much? We could sign a new #1 on maybe €3m a year. Maybe someone like Di Gregorio could be an option and be almost as reliable. The current state of Juve can't afford such a "luxury" keeper IMO
    This? We're barely spring.

Giuntoli had nothing to do with handing Szczesny 12m too. But he's trying to extend everyone on lower wages acc to reports...

Jun 16, 2020
    Tek should leave imo

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
    This? We're barely spring.

Giuntoli had nothing to do with handing Szczesny 12m too. But he's trying to extend everyone on lower wages acc to reports...
    I'm fine with Tek staying for another year. I don't think the keeper position is where Giuntoli should spend his time improving the team. Tek is a strong performer and that's why he's top earner in the league. He can stay if he lowers his wages by extending

- - - Updated - - -

Tek should leave imo
    I'm not sure just how good / comfortable Tek is playing a CB in Mottas style. His tactics involve the goalkeeper to play one of the centre backs in the buildup. Not sure how able Carnesecchi is either TBH

- - - Updated - - -

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)