Marcello Lippi (6 Viewers)

Mar 10, 2009
So he has officially retired now :

https://ghanasoccernet.com/marcello-lippi-officially-announces-his-retirement-from-coaching

True Juventus and Italian Football legend. I would rank Trappatoni above him as the greatest Juventus coach ever, but by a very thin margin. However when you take his achievements both at club and national level into account, it's tough to find a better coach. Ancelotti will probably have a shot if he coaches and wins with the NT, but that doesn seem like happening anytime soon.
He made some really awkward career decisions after 2006. I would have expected a great manager like him would have at least one last shot in Europe but I guess the term 'quit while your ahead' applies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

mediaset rumor says he could return to juve as a technical director. probably a shitty rumor. anyway, lippi is love.
Not so exciting, he is old. But either way any addition is an upgrade to Tici. Even Secco!

Maybe bring someone new and have Lippi as advisor or something.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Advisor role would be great. We'd still need a competent director to run the show, but his input in singing players could be valuable. He should know what's necessary to build a team, unlike the current bunch

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Or we can fire Pirlo, get a Pro coach who can improve us right off the bat, instead of continuing this Pirlo hipster opera.

Also Lippi is old, i dont know if he is in the business still... and i mean in the real business of todays era. It could be a mistake if we leave all the technical duties to him, i repeat, he is retirement material.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)