Marcello Lippi (2 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I can't believe this legend doesn't have a thread of his own at Juventuz.
He always talks about us and gives his precious notions and analysis about Juve worth discussing. Besides I'm almost positive he'll come back to us as a President, manager or whatever sometime.
Hail Don Lippi!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
exciting prospect...I hope Ranieri gives him a chance to show his amazing talent...if he succeeds, I'm sure he can be the Nedved replacement we require

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
This is the second thread for an ex-Juventino who went to Inter and isn't part of Juve anymore.
I wonder if those who were against Zlatan's thread will also be against this thread.

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #6
    Marcello Lippi claims he has never met a gay football player, but “would not exclude anyone from the Nazionale just for their sexual inclinations.”

The debate on homosexuality in sport is always a controversial one and Italy boss Lippi was asked about it in a video podcast by Klaus Davi.

“I don’t think there are any gay players, or at least in 40 years of my career I have never met any,” insisted the former Juventus and Inter Coach.

“It could well be that there are a few with these tendencies, but they don’t go around telling people about it.

“Considering the way football players are, it really would be a complicated condition to deal with in the locker room.”

Ex-Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi said last year that he would have immediately frozen out any player he thought was gay, but Lippi is far more open.

“I would never exclude anyone from the Nazionale just for their sexual inclinations,” he insisted.

“If someone came to me and confessed they were gay, I would advise them to not let any of that affect them, just concentrate on their profession and feel free to do what they want in their private lives.”

Sinisa Mihajlovic criticised Inter boss Jose Mourinho last month because the Coach had never played football and therefore ‘could not understand’ the sport.

“He has never played, but Vittorio Pozzo was a journalist before becoming a tactician. Others like Arrigo Sacchi have not played professionally.

“Mourinho is a character, a great communicator and speaks five languages. In the big clubs you are less of a teacher and more of a man manager, which makes Mourinho one of the best with his wisdom and intelligence.

“However, having played at the highest level is an advantage, because you know the psychology of a big club, how it feels to win or lose, and that helps. But it is not indispensable.”

The Italy boss is known as a clear-talking figure who hasn’t always enjoyed his Press conferences.

“I thought for a long time that I had a bad rapport with the media, often insulting them, so for a long time I thought that was my fault.

“Instead in later years I realised it’s not a bad thing to face people the way you really are, as it’s impossible to get along with everyone and at the end of the day at least they know who they are dealing with.”

Lippi was dragged into the Calciopoli scandal ahead of the 2006 World Cup, partly because he always refused to condemn the disgraced ex-Juventus director.

“Moggi is a person I worked with for 10 years, he was admired and feared and sought after by everyone. What happened in later years I cannot comment on, as I wasn’t there, but in the years I was at the club I saw absolutely nothing untoward.”
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

In fact this article inspired me to open this thread :D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    This is the second thread for an ex-Juventino who went to Inter and isn't part of Juve anymore.
    I wonder if those who were against Zlatan's thread will also be against this thread.
    I know what you're hinting at and I don't think your comparison is that wise.

There's Inter before Calciopoli and After Calciopoli. Lippi coached Inter before Calciopoli and before all this hate increased between the two sides.

Zlatan on the other hand jumped right after Calciopoli to Inter to claim that he's been supporting them since his childhood times and to disrespect Juve fans with his lame statements.

I hope you were not comparing these two men in your post because that would be an insult to Marcello Lippi. A respected man that gave a lot and coaching Inter for 1 season doesn't change that, specially when we had nothing such as Calciopoli and having our Scudetto stolen.

And for the million times, I've explained why I'm against having Zlatan thread. It's up to them to read it and understand the facts that I've given... and If they decide to ignore these facts then let it be because it's getting quite silly and tiring.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Lippi 'would welcome' gay players
    Wednesday 7 January, 2009
    Marcello Lippi claims he has never met a gay football player, but “would not exclude anyone from the Nazionale just for their sexual inclinations.”

The debate on homosexuality in sport is always a controversial one and Italy boss Lippi was asked about it in a video podcast by Klaus Davi.

“I don’t think there are any gay players, or at least in 40 years of my career I have never met any,” insisted the former Juventus and Inter Coach.

“It could well be that there are a few with these tendencies, but they don’t go around telling people about it.

“Considering the way football players are, it really would be a complicated condition to deal with in the locker room.”

Ex-Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi said last year that he would have immediately frozen out any player he thought was gay, but Lippi is far more open.

“I would never exclude anyone from the Nazionale just for their sexual inclinations,” he insisted.

“If someone came to me and confessed they were gay, I would advise them to not let any of that affect them, just concentrate on their profession and feel free to do what they want in their private lives.”

Sinisa Mihajlovic criticised Inter boss Jose Mourinho last month because the Coach had never played football and therefore 'could not understand’ the sport.

“He has never played, but Vittorio Pozzo was a journalist before becoming a tactician. Others like Arrigo Sacchi have not played professionally.

“Mourinho is a character, a great communicator and speaks five languages. In the big clubs you are less of a teacher and more of a man manager, which makes Mourinho one of the best with his wisdom and intelligence.

“However, having played at the highest level is an advantage, because you know the psychology of a big club, how it feels to win or lose, and that helps. But it is not indispensable.”

The Italy boss is known as a clear-talking figure who hasn’t always enjoyed his Press conferences.

“I thought for a long time that I had a bad rapport with the media, often insulting them, so for a long time I thought that was my fault.

“Instead in later years I realised it’s not a bad thing to face people the way you really are, as it’s impossible to get along with everyone and at the end of the day at least they know who they are dealing with.”

Lippi was dragged into the Calciopoli scandal ahead of the 2006 World Cup, partly because he always refused to condemn the disgraced ex-Juventus director.

“Moggi is a person I worked with for 10 years, he was admired and feared and sought after by everyone. What happened in later years I cannot comment on, as I wasn’t there, but in the years I was at the club I saw absolutely nothing untoward.”

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005

There's Inter before Calciopoli and After Calciopoli. Lippi coached Inter before Calciopoli and before all this hate increased between the two sides.

Zlatan on the other hand jumped right after Calciopoli to Inter to claim that he's been supporting them since his childhood times and to disrespect Juve fans with his lame statements.

I hope you were not comparing these two men in your post because that would be an insult to Marcello Lippi. A respected man that gave a lot and coaching Inter for 1 season doesn't change that, specially when we had nothing such as Calciopoli and having our Scudetto stolen.

And for the million times, I've explained why I'm against having Zlatan thread. It's up to them to read it and understand the facts that I've given... and If they decide to ignore these facts then let it be because it's getting quite silly and tiring.
    :tup:

Good stuff Rab although ill will admit & it has been said many times before,he has grown tremendously as a player.Still an arsehole of a man but a brilliant player none the less.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004

other than this, Lippi is a juve legend like Elvin wrote, and what is Zlatan? I would say he is nothing special.. He is just a normal player like Daniel Fonseca or Juan Esnaider

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I am sure Lippi is not coming back to Juve only because of Chiellini. And he knows damn well that Giorgio at the club is more important than him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)