Marcello Lippi (9 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
yes they are both great but you simply cant compare anyone to ferguson. he took the manchester united job when they were largely inferior to liverpool (even worse than inter were to us pre-calciopoli) and he surpassed them (imagine dortmund surpassing bayern in trophies, money and popularity in 20 years). lippi is amazing but no-one probably will ever do what ferguson has done.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
yes they are both great but you simply cant compare anyone to ferguson. he took the manchester united job when they were largely inferior to liverpool (even worse than inter were to us pre-calciopoli) and he surpassed them (imagine dortmund surpassing bayern in trophies, money and popularity in 20 years). lippi is amazing but no-one probably will ever do what ferguson has done.
What Ferguson did was great and unique yes, but Lippi won more in a shorter period at Juve. Fergie has a bunch of league titles but only 2 CL in such a long reign. Plus, Lippi is a complete manager - tactics, day-to-day coaching and man management. Fergie was just really a great man manager who had others take care or tactics and coaching.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
i rate lippi very high, probably top3 coaches last 30 years... but still, as much as i rate and like him and think he is great, ferguson is little ahead of him because, season after season, he always finds new motivation and winning mentality to win trophies with almost the same team every year

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
he hadn't had those resources when he first came. all this he created by himself

- - - Updated - - -

and look at other managers being at one club long. wenger, schaf (bremen), you can even take benitez at liverpool as example

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Lippi set to retire as coach after Guangzhou

(ANSA) - Rome, December 27 - Former Italy boss Marcello Lippi has said that he will retire from coaching when his current contract at Chinese and Asian champions Guangzhou Evergrande ends next year.

The 65-year-old, who led Italy to victory at the 2006 World Cup after two successful stints with Juventus, is enjoying an Indian summer to his career in China.

He led Evergrande to the Chinese league-Cup double in his first season in charge and this year they won the Chinese Super League again and the Asian Champions League under him.

"I have one more year on my contract and very strong motivation," Lippi said in an interview published in Friday's edition of Rome-based daily La Repubblica.

"Then I won't coach any more. I'll stay in football, maybe as a director or some other form. It's my life, but things change"
http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/rubr...Lippi-set-retire-coach-Guangzhou_9827494.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)