Marcello Lippi (10 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Our club got two offers for Zlatan. Our directors rejected Milan's offer and accepted Inter's offer. Zlatan agreed personal terms with the team whose offer our directors accepted and he moved there. If our directors accepted an offer from Chelsea, Zlatan would have moved there instead of moving to Inter.
It wasn't ONLY Zlatan's decision to go there. Zlatan wanted out, yes, but he didn't specificaly asked to go to Inter. It's our directors who chose to sell him there.

On the other hand, our team didn't have an option to choose Lippi's next club. Lippi's contract was terminated and he ALONE chose Inter. The same Inter who kept calling us cheats, scum and criminals after we won the scudetto in 1998 (the Iuliano-Ronaldo episode). Lippi went there only half a year later.

We were big rivals then just like we're big rivals today. The only difference is that some people think Inter sent us to serie B.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Oh man, reason doesnt compute with those who have been scapegoating Zlatan in the last 2 years and a half, calling traitor this or that. Actually, he is prolly the only player who was sure to leave regardless of calciopoli or not. Bettega said it, his agent said it. We had problems with his salary demand (I doubt we would double his wage every other year like Inter, he forced to 2 times, now to a wooooooping 12m euro a year), and were likely to sell him either way because of it (he goes were the money is), and him wanting to leave (He is scapegoated big time, but he is also one of the few who made lots of positive comments about Juve while in Inter, even saying the winner mentality and such was better in Juve, they handle their players better etc. Enraged the inter fans for a while. But gets zero credit for this).

But nooo, people like to call him the mother of all traitors, and ignore the obvious above things you said. Instead they ignore those like Cannavaro who spit in our face directly by saying how loyal he is, and will defenitely stay, a day or so before he left. Douchebaggery if I ever saw one. One of my favourite defenders. But yeah, too many are forgetful of that (too many are also forgetful of Camo wanting out badly and screaming like a bitch, the difference was no one wanted him and offered big bucks like it was with Zlatan, so he stayed since there were no profit in selling him. I dig Camo, and I dont really blame someone for not wanting to stay in B, but again, too few forget that too).

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Hating him, or disliking him a lot, is justified though. He wanted to leave even if we wanted to keep him, he plays for a huge rival and he's the difference maker for them, bringing them scudetti, winning them matches etc.

I like Andy's view on this. He hates all of them equally. All those who left us are maggots. Zambrotta, Emerson, Thuram, Zlatan, Vieira, Cannavaro. They're all maggots :lol:

The thing about Zlatan is that some people hated him just as much as they hate him now even when he was in Juve and they bring Inter and some treachery in the debates, as the reason for the hatred.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Fuck Rab, i'm trying to bring Hoori back. She always replies to these provocative posts of mine but she's gone for a while now and this is the only way to bring her back. :p

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Our club got two offers for Zlatan. Our directors rejected Milan's offer and accepted Inter's offer. Zlatan agreed personal terms with the team whose offer our directors accepted and he moved there. If our directors accepted an offer from Chelsea, Zlatan would have moved there instead of moving to Inter.
It wasn't ONLY Zlatan's decision to go there. Zlatan wanted out, yes, but he didn't specificaly asked to go to Inter. It's our directors who chose to sell him there.

On the other hand, our team didn't have an option to choose Lippi's next club. Lippi's contract was terminated and he ALONE chose Inter. The same Inter who kept calling us cheats, scum and criminals after we won the scudetto in 1998 (the Iuliano-Ronaldo episode). Lippi went there only half a year later.

We were big rivals then just like we're big rivals today. The only difference is that some people think Inter sent us to serie B.
Hating him, or disliking him a lot, is justified though. He wanted to leave even if we wanted to keep him, he plays for a huge rival and he's the difference maker for them, bringing them scudetti, winning them matches etc.

I like Andy's view on this. He hates all of them equally. All those who left us are maggots. Zambrotta, Emerson, Thuram, Zlatan, Vieira, Cannavaro. They're all maggots :lol:

The thing about Zlatan is that some people hated him just as much as they hate him now even when he was in Juve and they bring Inter and some treachery in the debates, as the reason for the hatred.
DA twice!

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Channel 4

Blog: Lippi's lame ducks

Marcello Lippi’s Brazil friendly squad confuses Susy Campanale – no Ale Del Piero, but Mauro Camoranesi and Vincenzo Iaquinta?
What year does Marcello Lippi think it is? I am beginning to fear he suffered a knock to the head when the World Cup trophy fell on him during the Berlin celebrations and eternally believes it is July 2006. I can think of no other reason to call players like Vincenzo Iaquinta and Mauro Camoranesi at a time when not only are they not playing well, they’re not playing at all.

Not getting enough first team football at club level is used as an excuse not to call up players rather than some spurious reason to get them match fit again. How embarrassed must those two be right now in the Juventus locker room, trying not to look Alessandro Del Piero in the eye for fear of catching a glare from those steely brown eyes? They know what he’s thinking, because we’re all thinking it, too.

Alex has been single-handedly keeping Juve afloat in recent months and was Capocannoniere for two consecutive terms in Serie B and A. He takes the best free kicks in Serie A and is adapting to the trequartista role when needed. He always works hard and never grumbles. You’d think he was the perfect man to have along in the Italy squad. Certainly of more use than Camo or Iaquinta.

It is not just any friendly test, it is one against old rivals Brazil, so bringing in a set of newbies like on-form Atalanta striker Sergio Floccari would’ve been a little hasty. But for a substitute’s role, a Floccari or a Fabrizio Miccoli may well have brought something new to the table.

Is there any real benefit from fielding the same old – very old, positively geriatric – faces when not 100 per cent fit instead of trying out some genuine alternatives? We get it, Lippi, we know you will always include those two and that the name Antonio Cassano doesn’t exist in your world. There’s no need to hammer it home with these pointless picks.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Well done marcello. this is a pointless friendly and the players he picked i couldnt be happy with. Camo will get in a few min playing time hopefully wont get injured and vinny too. whats the point in alex going when we need him so much especially with the chelsea game just down the road.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Lippi tips Inter and Juve

Italy Coach Marcello Lippi is now certain Inter have what it takes to win the Champions League, but believes Juventus will take the Scudetto from them.

Both clubs have been reinforcing their teams ahead of next season, causing some pundits to talk about a renaissance in Italian football.

“Let's not joke, Serie A has not been transformed into a second rate championship. Sure, Kaka has entertained us for many years. Ibra has made the difference for Inter, but our movement always manages to propose new stars,” Lippi told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I would like everyone to remember that, some years ago, a man by the name of Zidane chose to leave for Real Madrid, but Italian football, despite the loss of a phenomenon like Zizou, won a World Cup and some Champions League titles.

“Let me remind you of three names destined to light up our Sundays. Eto'o is not inferior to Ibra. Actually he has a better goal to game ratio. Lucio had thousands of offers, but chose Inter. Finally Diego is a formidable and very young talent.”

Asked if he agreed with the belief that the economic crisis is penalising Italian football, Lippi replied: “The problem is not Italian, but global. Real Madrid are not the normality. The problem is that we will come out of this crisis in only one way: building champions at home.

“However, to go down this road we have to protect the good coaches. Instead, the academies earn loose change and the coaches, even the best prepared, are forced to accept jobs in the Lega Pro to earn money.”

Asked if Italian football needs to win the Champions League, Lippi replied: “Inter are one of the three favourites after Barcelona and beware the Manchester United of my friend Ferguson. He still has a mountain of money to spend and has already signed Owen. Manchester have a winning framework and they will conserve it despite Ronaldo's departure.”

Lippi didn't reserve Real Madrid the same praise.

“Kaka and Ronaldo are two phenomenons and two proud men, but you cannot invent a team capable of winning the Champions League in a month. Real need at least a year of 'construction'.”

Asked to explain what he likes about Inter, Lippi replied: “I like Eto'o and Milito makes me enthusiastic. He is a champion who works for his team-mates. Everyone will see that Mourinho will make Inter acquire the right European mentality. Inter are ready to win in Europe or at least reach the Final.”

Passing to Juve, Lippi said: “They are ready for the Scudetto. I remember what Gianni Agnelli always used to say: 'I prefer to win the championship rather than the Champions League.' The Bianconeri have decided to open a new cycle.

“I like this 'new' Juve a lot. The new signings. Ferrara on the bench. The staff with the return of Gautino. The frightening euphoria of the fans. It's the petrol that can help Juve fight shoulder to shoulder with Inter from the first day of the championship.”

channel 4

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I suppose he's trying to make both teams feel good but to suggest that inter are amongst the top 3 favourites to win the CL is ridiculous.

engireman

May 26, 2009
Inter is not favorite to win CL, they showed thier looser mentality when they played with MU in last year's CL. They played like childs who know that they will loose. Their mentality will be not change at all.

Mar 30, 2006
Inter is not favorite to win CL, they showed thier looser mentality when they played with MU in last year's CL. They played like childs who know that they will loose. Their mentality will be not change at all.
Seeing is team play like that in Europe must destroy mourinho inside. Like they dont even look good when they lose .. they get dominated.

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #55
    Lippi: 'Never again at a club'

Marcello Lippi has declared he will never again be the Coach of a club, whether in Italy or abroad, after his Azzurri spell.

“I say it officially: after my experience with the Nazionale you will never again see me on the bench of a club,” he told KlausCondicio.

“Never, especially as I just couldn’t stand being there for an hour and a half answering questions from various media pundits each week. It’d be beyond me.”

This means his career as a club Coach is sealed with five Scudetti, a Champions League, a European Super Cup, an Intercontinental Cup, Coppa Italia and four Italian Super Cups, all won with Juventus.

He started his management career at the Sampdoria youth team before breaking out at Pontedera in 1985-86.

Lippi went on to Siena, Pistoiese, Carrarese, Cesena, Lucchese, Atalanta, Napoli, Juventus, Inter and a return to Turin before taking on the Italy job in 2004.

The Azzurri boss was also asked about the new proposals for a 'fan passport’ that from January 2010 each supporter must have to enter an away game.

“It sounds like another ID card to keep hold of people’s information and I don’t like it,” snapped Lippi.

“It creates a form of ghetto. Even if I am the Coach of the national team, I have to say this system does not convince me.

“I think of those supporters who are at dinner on a Saturday night and thinking of seeing the game the next day in Milan or Turin, but they can’t because they don’t have the right passport.

“Let’s just say I don’t like this form of marking people anyway, especially not when it comes to football fans.”
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lippi is Anti-Illuminati too yo, respek :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)