Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (47 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Signing him is a no-brainer.
I'm extremely picky when it comes to midfielders, but here we have a 23-year-old who has already proven himself as an excellent playmaker (best passer in Serie A last year) and has shown his versatility by successfully playing a different role in midfield at this EURO. That shows intelligence.
However, the best from this kid is expected in 3 or more years, so right now we also need a second and more proven midfielder. We can't go into the season with Locatelli as THE midfielder. He' might become one in 2024. Right now it should be him+a proven guy.
Exactly what I've been saying before. I think we're pretty much fucked if we sign Locatelli as our only mid signing. However I just can't see us buy two of them sadly. But even if that were to happen I highly doubt our 2nd buy would be a player that's better than Locatelli.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
His coming home lads.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm extremely picky when it comes to midfielders, but here we have a 23-year-old who has already proven himself as an excellent playmaker (best passer in Serie A last year) and has shown his versatility by successfully playing a different role in midfield at this EURO. That shows intelligence.
However, the best from this kid is expected in 3 or more years, so right now we also need a second and more proven midfielder. We can't go into the season with Locatelli as THE midfielder. He' might become one in 2024. Right now it should be him+a proven guy.
Do you have any potential names in mind that can be our 'proven guy'?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Do you have any potential names in mind that can be our 'proven guy'?
Sure, at least 5, but it's all about our ability to sign them. After Ronaldo, I won't exclude signing a top star, however, I am aware that this summer most of these players are not probable signings.
I'm thinking of players like Jorginho, Verratti, Kante, Pogba, Kroos, Gundogan... I'd even take a 36-year-old Modric for this following season.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Sure, at least 5, but it's all about our ability to sign them. After Ronaldo, I won't exclude signing a top star, however, I am aware that this summer most of these players are not probable signings.
I'm thinking of players like Jorginho, Verratti, Kante, Pogba, Kroos, Gundogan... I'd even take a 36-year-old Modric for this following season.
Yeah I'd take modric as well, What about a battler, someone that can actually press and win balls out there, we've never really replaced Vidal.

Jun 16, 2020
We need to add a box to box player. Locatelli is a no brainer, besides the passing that you mentioned (it’s progressive passing as far as I know), he’s been in the top of the Serie A regarding tackles per game aswel.

Still I remain a bit afraid that at a certain point, with injuries or suspension, that we’ll end up with Rabiot - Locatelli - Benta, feels to much of the same. Hopefully we can add someone also who’s able to add something else to our midfield.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
You sound like you are accepting Pjanic

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

This is obvious, but who? And with what money? It would been nice if we could gotten Wijnaldum as freebie, low cost and top level experienced all around mid. But he is taken, and anyone else will cost as much if not more then Locatelli.

Jun 27, 2011
The one player we really need is Jorginho. It still make me smile when so many people in this forum considered him shit.
Problem is Chelsea will not sell him.
These people also said Tek was better than Donnarumma.

If there's something you could guarantee, it's that the opposite is usually true when Daidevil and the other experts express their opinions on players. If I'm not mistaken, they trashed Jorginho as well when he was rumored.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Juve are pressing for a loan with the obligation to buy, Sassuolo want to sell immediately. The feeling is that, despite the foreign clubs, Locatelli has given his priority to Juve. The agreement could mature through common sense.(Romeo Agresti)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
On the last day of the transfer market, if our midfielders are the last season's dumbasses+Locatelli, yeah, I'll accept him.
This is obvious, but who? And with what money? It would been nice if we could gotten Wijnaldum as freebie, low cost and top level experienced all around mid. But he is taken, and anyone else will cost as much if not more then Locatelli.
I think the club is in no position to bring another, 'experienced' player. Those usually command high wages and we've got more than enough of those already. We're stuck.

I'd say bring in Locatelli and keep Fagioli on top of what we have. Then, if by any miracle we offload at least one CM - we could get another one but I have a feeling it won't happen.

BTW. Locatelli will be a starter anyway. Considering what we have and what we could potentially get, I can't see a better player coming in for that DM/regista role.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Yes, he has no other choice, Noone else would pay premium just because he is an Italian NT subber. Arsenal got a better and younger player, in Lokonga. So we can now make that 19mil offer
Could you, just for once, stop spouting retarded nonsense?

Or, in other words, how often have you seen Lokonga play for Anderlecht?
Is it a number between 0 and 0?

Edit: for what it's worth, I have actually seen Lokonga play a few times. He's definitely not a bad player, far from it. Definitely one of the best young players in our league (probably the best Anderlecht player anyway), so I get why teams would be interested in him, but he's definitely not someone you should expect to make an immediate impact at a big club.

Last edited:

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I think the club is in no position to bring another, 'experienced' player. Those usually command high wages and we've got more than enough of those already. We're stuck.

I'd say bring in Locatelli and keep Fagioli on top of what we have. Then, if by any miracle we offload at least one CM - we could get another one but I have a feeling it won't happen.

BTW. Locatelli will be a starter anyway. Considering what we have and what we could potentially get, I can't see a better player coming in for that DM/regista role.
We don't have any money even for Locatelli we are offering loan plus obligation deal we just need to hope that Allegri gets the best out of rabiot Ramsey and mckennie

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
We don't have any money even for Locatelli we are offering loan plus obligation deal we just need to hope that Allegri gets the best out of rabiot Ramsey and mckennie
I think the cash itself wouldn't be too much of a problem but obviously it'd come as another bank loan, increasing the debt. The club has operated like that for a couple of years now, ever since Marotta left/Ronaldo arrived. I think what we're seeing now is a change of the course - the club simply doesn't want to go in that direction anymore which is the only sensible thing to do because that model is unsustainable in the long term. So we could spend more but then we'll struggle to offload our players, basically giving them away for free, like some charity or something. This had to stop and I think this is where it ends, at least more or less.

I'm pretty confident that Allegri will get a lot out of Rabiot - Locatelli - McKennie and Bentancur. I think that Ramsey will be useful but always injured as always. The biggest question mark is Arthur, I don't see him fitting Allegri's schemes and that tells a lot about the player who is suited to only one type of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)