Makers of "we banned the burqa for your own good" bring us "our NT has a race-quota"! (2 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
:p

We are not used to such stuff in Iran, we are more into free downloading :D

Joking aside, I'm really interested in knowing the reason. For someone like me who is strictly against wearing Burqa (to the point that I even support banning it), it would be very interesting to know why some women choose to wear a veil even despite the pressure from their family members as suggested in the article.
:D you mean you wanna make sure they're sane, there are much clearer and worse instance of supposed self-destruction that go unchecked. Anyhoos, you dont know anyone who wears it?

Buy on AliExpress.com

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
No no, has nothing to do with their sanity. I just find it really interesting. Wearing burqa is a very rare thing to happen in the city I live (and in Iran in general, Arab women in Southern cities of Iran wear it from time to time) but there is a woman living in the same building we live who is wearing a veil on her face occasionally. She is extremely religious but knowing her and her husband, I'm sure she is not forced to wear burqa. We have talked few times (not about burqa though, obviously :p) but I have always had the impression that she finds men generally very nasty creatures who would never look at a woman without having dirty thoughts about her. That's why she covers herself like that I assume. It's nothing to do with her religion, it's just that she feels like she has more safety when having covered her body and face. It could be a reason why a woman would "choose" to wear burqa. However, what's worrying is that in a place like where I'm living in, wearing burqa attracts MUCH MORE attention from men which could even lead to verbal abuses.

Another example, my cousin. She is not strictly religious. She doesn't wear burqa of course but she will never stop wearing a hijab even if it ever becomes upon women's choice in Iran. The reason is that she has zero self confidence while facing men, she is too shy of herself and she always prefers to cover herself as much as possible. Since hijab is not a religious thing in her case, I see it very similar to wearing a burqa (willingly).

That's why I want to know those women's reasons too.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Were you suggesting I am myopic, and wrote it is never voluntarily worn?

Sheep would wear a pineapple on their head if it became fashionable, just like they show their underpants.
Not myopic. But people confuse teenage rebellion for oppression way too easily too.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Er, did you see my post on the previous page?
I still can't believe that. I mean I have talked to many women, many of which were my friends, about hijab and burqa and I was yet to hear such bullshit. There is never an end to ignorance. Just sad. The hell with their path towards their lord, I'm happy it is banned and I hope they never get to meet their sadistic lord if it means only ONE wretched woman being free from having to wear such ugly stupid thing.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I still can't believe that. I mean I have talked to many women, many of which were my friends, about hijab and burqa and I was yet to hear such bullshit. There is never an end to ignorance. Just sad. The hell with their path towards their lord, I'm happy it is banned and I hope they never get to meet their sadistic lord if it means only ONE wretched woman being free from having to wear such ugly stupid thing.
Yeah, at least if they were wearing it under duress they would be yearning for freedom, but this way the domination of the intellect is so total that the person doesn't even have any sense of freedom. It is the very monstrosity of religion that people should feel guilty for being alive in the first place, which they had no choice in even.

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
Can't just everybody chose whatever they want to wear ?
I wouldn't care what people are wearing , if they wear that burqa thing or they walked out naked .
Everybody should have the right to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't cause any harm to anybody else .
So my opinion about it is , women should have the right to chose weather they want to wear the burqa or not , and they shouldn't be forced to wear it , nor to take it off .

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I wouldn't care what people are wearing , if they wear that burqa thing or they walked out naked .
Everybody should have the right to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't cause any harm to anybody else .
So my opinion about it is , women should have the right to chose weather they want to wear the burqa or not , and they shouldn't be forced to wear it , nor to take it off .
Sorry, CORVETTE. We need to protect you from yourself. :pado:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Let me see if i understand you correctly. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

This is what you're saying:

You've read Martin's post, and found out that for reasons you find extremely backward and ignorant women are actually wearing the burqa voluntarily. Despite acknowledging that there was no peer pressure on these women to wear the burqa, you say the hell with their ways, and you're happy that the state is banning them from wearing the burqa.

Yeah, at least if they were wearing it under duress they would be yearning for freedom, but this way the domination of the intellect is so total that the person doesn't even have any sense of freedom. It is the very monstrosity of religion that people should feel guilty for being alive in the first place, which they had no choice in even.
That is Christianity.

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
Sorry, CORVETTE. We need to protect you from yourself. :pado:

I came from a strict society , probably so similar to Hoori's one , with same rules and believes and everything .
And I know why many parents force their daughters to wear the burqa , and that reason is so stupid , It's almost like what you said , the protecting thing.
They say when a girl shows off her face , that will attract boys to her , and will lead to friendships , the girl will have a boyfriend which is not allowed , then maybe will have sex which will result in a big disaster and both will be punished .

Well guess what , not wearing the burqa won't make your daughters whores.
I mean , they should start realizing that once a good person is always a good person , with or without the burqa .

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I came from a strict society , probably so similar to Hoori's one , with same rules and believes and everything .
And I know why many parents force their daughters to wear the burqa , and that reason is so stupid , It's almost like what you said , the protecting thing.
They say when a girl shows off her face , that will attract boys to her , and will lead to friendships , the girl will have a boyfriend which is not allowed , then maybe will have sex which will result in a big disaster and both will be punished .

Well guess what , not wearing the burqa won't make your daughters whores.
I mean , they should start realizing that once a good person is always a good person , with or without the burqa .
But Hoori is also clearly for the burqa ban.

I just see it as addressing the symptom but not the root problem. It's window dressing.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Many are. If you don't ban burqa, many women will have to wear it against their will so I'd sacrifice the freedom of choice for those women who wear burqa willingly to become closer to their lord if it helps those who are forced to wear it.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Many are. If you don't ban burqa, many women will have to wear it against their will so I'd sacrifice the freedom of choice for those women who wear burqa willingly to become closer to their lord if it helps those who are forced to wear it.
lol, what laughable logic that is.

Some women leave their jobs and careers when they get married, most of the time its due to pressure from their new husbands. Thats a more widespread phenomenon than women being forced to wear the burqa. While we're at it, lets enforce a law that says women who get married are not allowed to resign from their jobs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)