Makers of "we banned the burqa for your own good" bring us "our NT has a race-quota"! (3 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Banning you would be better though.
the logical step after banning the burqa would be banning the burke-ahh

oh and u mad retarded cultural clothing that does nothing but oppress and alienate has been banned? yeah u mad.

Mar 10, 2009
^^yea especially when you use clearly biased and inconsistent arguments such as the users here.

just tell that to all the innocent women who have been sexually assaulted or raped, go ahead and tell them that the Japanese culture encourages masturbation over sadist abuse to women. The idea of abusing women and promoting it is fun isnt it? theres nothing wrong with that? Go tell those family who were victim to Ted bundy, im sure you'll find it more offensive than if a girl decides cover herself completely by her own choice.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
^^yea especially when you use clearly biased and inconsistent arguments.

just tell that to all the innocent women who have been sexually assaulted or raped, go ahead and tell them that the Japanese culture encourages masturbation over sadist abuse to women. The idea of abusing women and promoting it is fun isnt it? Go tell those family victims to Ted bundy what they think of it.
There is a book in my library that would be very upsetting to some people who are left handed. Should we burn it?

Just because something exists doesn't mean people are forced to see it/watch it. I'm pretty sure the family victims of Ted bundy (whoever that is) are not watching Japanese tv anyway. Or are they?

Mar 10, 2009
There is a book in my library that would be very upsetting to some people who are left handed. Should we burn it?

Just because something exists doesn't mean people are forced to see it/watch it. I'm pretty sure the family victims of Ted bundy (whoever that is) are not watching Japanese tv anyway. Or are they?

theres a woman who want's to cover herself from head to toe, shes single and shes happy by it, should we ban it because it offends ppl?

see what I mean by consistency?

fact is were supposed to live in a society of were u can wear what you want, at least thats what the west is promoting. If someone wanted to wear the ridiculous a speedo thats fine, if someone wants to dress up as Frankenstein again thats fine. Just treat the burqe as another stupid piece clothing and let them do what they want

and your honestly comparing burning a "book" and ppl getting offended for being left handed to the promotion of abusing women for sexual lust? Or is it because when it comes to cutting down desires, do we all a sudden think, let them do what they want.

Im not saying the middle east isnt sexist, I just look at it as another place with good and bad. It's just some of the arrogance of power coming from some of the capitalist countries which bugs me and seemingly denial that there just as sexist but in different ways

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
theres a woman who want's to cover herself from head to toe, shes single and shes happy by it, should we ban it because it offends ppl?
Do you not understand or are you just pretending not to understand? Noone is saying ban the burka because it offends us, but because we believe (rightly or wrongly) that those who wear it are NOT wearing it out of their personal choice.

and your honestly comparing burning a "book" and ppl getting offended for being left handed to the promotion of abusing women for sexual lust? Or is it because when it comes to cutting down desires, do we all a sudden think, let them do what they want.
It's not promotion, it's fantasy. Do you not understand the difference? In fact, it might even be healthy for people to live out their fantasies in cartoons or books or movies or internet forums or whatever, just as long as they do it privately. And then they can still be the kind of people we like to be around in public.

Have you never had a fantasy that was cruel or offensive?

Im not saying the middle east isnt sexist, I just look at it as another place with good and bad. It's just some of the arrogance of power coming from some of the capitalist countries which bugs me and seemingly denial that there just as sexist but in different ways
They are not "just as sexist". They are sexist yes, probably every society is. But it's completely dishonest to say that just because one culture has flaws it's no different from any other. The west as it currently is has achieved a much greater equality between the sexes (do you dispute this?) and that has come not from the good will of the people but from a progressive struggle for rights and respect. Western society was just as sexist as "the middle east" 100 years ago or 200 years ago. The difference is people have tried to change this and have (at least to some extent) succeeded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)