Mafia dutch style (2 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Osman is a great as well of course, and to be fair, he's been lynched or whacked very early on in most games I've played so far, so I probably don't really know what he's capable of.
I sucked this game btw, plus was bored with lack of activity when I could be there (that 5 Cs one night thing killed the game IMO) /busy working/sleeping while just occasionally playing with my cell. Most fun games for me are allways when I have time off to completely go through the thread, go in depth/be engaging active paranoid peeps nonstop and only play through my PC (only time in this game I check through comfortably in my PC is tonight, when I'm jailed/its over). Thats why 2 out of my 3 main suspects were Cs and one of them the D lol (though I have super big issue reading Fred for past 2 years in mafia games, allways confuse him for G when he is C, he kinda switched his M.O from what I used to know).

Though completely not suprised Sheik and Kate are Gs (Fresh less, was giving him the benifite of doubt, except for today he became obvious early on). But its the curse of becoming paranoid on the active posters and reading too much into things the more they are posted. Sheik seemed G more and more (mainly Hoori reactions, even for his erratic style that was a little red flag) but more of put on back burner, and kate is allways quiet and not someone that you engage very much, more like short list for later. The mistake you do as a C is allways try to just hunt for the ring leaders, and the more actively influencing players, hence why I got stuck on you, piotrr and Fred in my laziness. Though more actively in general maybe would have made the more quiet Gs stand out bit more suspiciously, but when most of the game is just couple of peeps actively engaging eacother, your narrow tend to become narrow. Less fun when the more games we play, the less engaging/active it turns out to be as a general rule.

And the most fun games for me are ages ago (before the boring routine of inactive games coupled with whacked early etc), before lots of some of the current players didnt use to play (besides Fred, hoori, alen, sheik, and I think Kyle), and majority of the players used to be more excited and active.

And this shit is old, but this is here where I played 90% of my mafia games (better games because half of the manipulation/mind games were through msn chats) lol :p http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=269078

Apr 15, 2006
That's why reading your (Gs) posts after the deadline is so hilarious. :rofl:
:D The last 30 min was crazy. We put the votes in, realized we didn't PM Bezzy the whack target, figured we fucked up, saw Fred getting whacked anyway and Kate being blazed. Such a rush of emotions. :d

If you guys want to play another one i can narrate. I think i can handle it. :)

We need to update the rules though.
DO IT!

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Just my two cents... people really need to stop over thinking people's behaviour (in their posts) and focus more on their actions and the results of them. Some of us think too highly of our ability to read people and would do a lot better to judge on what actually happens as a result of the players' votes rather than what seems to be their intentions

Just think of how many times you've been wrong when you think someone is being "suss" or weird

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Just my two cents... people really need to stop over thinking people's behaviour (in their posts) and focus more on their actions and the results of them. Some of us think too highly of our ability to read people and would do a lot better to judge on what actually happens as a result of the players' votes rather than what seems to be their intentions
Completely right, and I know you referring to me, but this easily happens because there is way too little action (IMO voting patterns mainly become obvious 3rd day for sure, unless extraordinary events happen), and way too little people actively pressuring or questioning eachother, just quick finger pointing and voting most of the time. Or facing on one loud mouth scapegoat etc. This eventually means you over read into the few active posters/posts you encounter, instead of waiting around and seeing others slowly influence the game when it comes more quiet and vote focused kinda game.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
So can we agree once and for all to say fuck off to Ford Emo? Kyle was actually active this time
Kyle was one of my fav Cs btw. Its good to have a scapegoated C who doesnt back off and let himself get killed, happens too often with inactive noob Cs or melt down noob Cs. Kyle is the only reason Ocelot became obvious to me.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Completely right, and I know you referring to me, but this easily happens because there is way too little action (IMO voting patterns mainly become obvious 3rd day for sure, unless extraordinary events happen), and way too little people actively pressuring or questioning eachother, just quick finger pointing and voting most of the time. Or facing on one loud mouth scapegoat etc. This eventually means you over read into the few active posters/posts you encounter, instead of waiting around and seeing others slowly influence the game when it comes more quiet and vote focused kinda game.
Not just you. It also makes for an easy reason for Gs to hide behind when voting someone

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Kyle was one of my fav Cs btw. Its good to have a scapegoated C who doesnt back off and let himself get killed, happens too often with inactive noob Cs or melt down noob Cs. Kyle is the only reason Ocelot became obvious to me.
He was calm and composed which is an excellent trait for a c to have, but it wasnt like him, so the fact kyle was playing well as a c made me think he was a g :lol:

Btw i always think you and hoori are g's. :D

And ocelot, you fvcker despite fvcking up on day 1 you kept weaseling yourself out of trouble with your sweet talk and analytic posts :mad:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not just you. It also makes for an easy reason for Gs to hide behind when voting someone
Yes. But even if it wrong conclusion/outcome, its best if people as MUCH AS POSSIBLE goad, pressure, poke, provoke, annoy, question, and antagonize eachother and accuse eachother. Most importantly force eachother to explain their thoughts. I briefly tried, but when others dont find it suspicious that someone doesnt, and accept votes with no reasoning, then it becomes hard to find something to work with. So you tend to over think and get overly paranoid on the little posts available to you that try to explain their thought process. Something Gs hate for sure, but more experienced players can handle, and it was pretty much just Ocelot doing that consistently out of the Gs. Fr3sh tried initially, then he fell back on the melodramatic and outraged/insulted routine :lol: While Kate and Sheik coasted by in the peripherals as much as possible, gently making their presence known (until today, sheik outed himself early), but not saying much.

Now if you had hoard of civilians, who question/stand up for themselves, like Fred or Kyle did, and tomice was doing, then it becomes easier to spot them eventually (process of elimination). But more Cs like Zach in this game, quiet and completely unwilling to work with other Cs, and it becomes a very tough task to go anywhere without repeating the same mistakes in the game as an overall team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)