Lukaku a̶n̶d̶ ̶K̶e̶s̶s̶i̶e̶ thread. (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
What are you going to do with the extra 400M? At some point it just becomes a burden more than anything.
Me personally I hope I'd have enough sense to not go money grabbing to a country like Saudi Arabia. But I can see the general appeal, 480m vs 80m gives you enough funds to become an owner of a football team yourself or to do whatever else you can't do with 80m :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You grew up always having everything you needed and wanted, didn't you?
Yes and no. I'd say I grew up having everything I needed. Though my parents are doctors and earned well, very little was spent on luxury.

But at this point we're talking about players who have been very wealthy for over a decade too. And if they could burn 80M, they could burn 480M just as well. The money itself is meaningless when the numbers get that high.

- - - Updated - - -

Me personally I hope I'd have enough sense to not go money grabbing to a country like Saudi Arabia. But I can see the general appeal, 480m vs 80m gives you enough funds to become an owner of a football team yourself or to do whatever else you can't do with 80m :D
Maybe.

But in all honesty normal people refuse higher paying jobs all the time, because they don't want to do them or want to spend more time with their family. And then we're talking about refusing for example a 120K job and doing a 90K job. At those figures the difference is much more palpable.

This whole idea that everyone would go for the money is wrong. They're just money grabbing cunts.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Maybe.

But in all honesty normal people refuse higher paying jobs all the time, because they don't want to do them or want to spend more time with their family. And then we're talking about refusing for example a 120K job and doing a 90K job. At those figures the difference is much more palpable.

This whole idea that everyone would go for the money is wrong. They're just money grabbing cunts.
oh, definitely, no objections to that.

it's understandable though, I'm not that sure either I wouldn't be able to convince myself that there's good reasons for that, just like f.e. Mane probably convinced himself that it's ok to take money from the bad guys if he gives some of it to the poor.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Let me guess, he is going to Saudi league for 6 times the salary he has now lol
Al Ahli have just submitted official bid for Franck Kessié! Proposal arrived in Barcelona offices — €15m fee

Understand Kessié has accepted three year deal offered by Al Ahli, up to final details.

Deal very close, advancing also with Barça ready to sell Franck. [Fabrizio Romano]

What a mercenary. Turned down Italy but likes the prospect of Arabia.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Al Ahli have just submitted official bid for Franck Kessié! Proposal arrived in Barcelona offices — €15m fee

Understand Kessié has accepted three year deal offered by Al Ahli, up to final details.

Deal very close, advancing also with Barça ready to sell Franck. [Fabrizio Romano]

Than you Arabs!! Can you pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease take Lukaku next?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012

If it's a choice between playing in Saudi with 4x the wages or playing for Allegro's JJ, it's an easy choice for him.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yes and no. I'd say I grew up having everything I needed. Though my parents are doctors and earned well, very little was spent on luxury.

But at this point we're talking about players who have been very wealthy for over a decade too. And if they could burn 80M, they could burn 480M just as well. The money itself is meaningless when the numbers get that high.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe.

He's right though imo most people who grew up poor tend to want to overcompensate when they get rich. You growing up with money not being an issue grants you a more balanced look here, the lines between money and happiness don't get blurred for you.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
It would've been a great market if we could've lured SMS and Kessie together with Rabiot.
And it would've been a cheap job at least price wise
but no... this fucking Arabia.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
What are you going to do with the extra 400M? At some point it just becomes a burden more than anything.
Because then your social group becomes people of comparable if not greater wealth/access so suddenly you dont feel so rich when you have those lifestyle costs

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He's right though imo most people who grew up poor tend to want to overcompensate when they get rich. You growing up with money not being an issue grants you a more balanced look here, the lines between money and happiness don't get blurred for you.
Yeah, that's a good point.

But someone like Benzema has been rich for 15 years now, wouldn't that change his mindset?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

What’s wrong with that? As if playing in Italy is some sort of privilege for him.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I predict a lot of these dudes that went to Saudi Arabia, specifically the younger ones, are gonna cash in for a year or two and then head back to Europe. No way they're gonna see those contracts through once they realize the money ain't worth playing/living there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)