Lukaku a̶n̶d̶ ̶K̶e̶s̶s̶i̶e̶ thread. (24 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Lukaku has been very important for the Belgium NT. I know he choked during the last World Cup, but he has been great for us on so many occasions and I will remember that.

That being said, I really do not want to see him in a Juventus jersey. On a club level he's a total mercenary to begin with and the last two years his fitness was woeful. Given our injury history that's the last thing we need.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I don't think age is as big of a deal as it used to be. Even at 19 he's had plenty of experience and has failed to show anything extraordinary. He is just one of the many average midfielders in football today.
I agree, he’s young but young players still have their moments where they flash their ability. I have yet to see that from Miretti. But that also doesn’t mean he can’t improve and take significant steps forward. I just wouldn’t bet on it. He needs to get loaned out and be able to just play.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Which is why age is relevant.
I would agree if we were talking about someone with great natural ability but I've seen nothing from him that gives me hope. I'm confident he will turn into a good/ decent player but don't think he will ever be a great player. As I said just another average midfielder.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I would agree if we were talking about someone with great natural ability but I've seen nothing from him that gives me hope. I'm confident he will turn into a good/ decent player but don't think he will ever be a great player. As I said just another average midfielder.
Normally we jump over ourselves to throw €30-€40M at such a player so that's fine by me to have in the squad.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
better than mckennie or zak? certainly. no word on the wages, no agreement with the player yet, still, at 15m option it doesn't look like a bad deal for a player with his engine:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
even a 15M obligation would be a good deal for Kessie imo. He's only 26, no reason he couldn't play at a high level for the duration of his contract. Also no real history of significant injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)