Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (5 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Why shouldn't we be confident about getting a CL spot? We have currently the second best squad of players in the league and I would be really shocked to see that change over the summer. A half decent manager should be able to take fourth next season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ahh, the verbiage changed from the defiant "will" to the more cautious "should". Well, some matters in life aren't so set in stone, and not everything ends up as folks think they should. Most of the time the opposite occurs, especially in cases with lots of uncertainty.

Unfortunately for us, Del Neri is not only an uncertainty but also someone who has shown to be quite poor at times.

In my view, a decent manager would be someone like Prandelli, even if I'm not a big fan. So to end up with Del Neri is an absolute nightmare.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
He will get us back into the CL but I don't see a serious push for the scudetto. Depending upon the squad he has a cup trophy is a possibility.

I am not going to celebrate or curse his appointment, we could do better and we could do worse so I will give him the benefit of the doubt before judging him.
That's how I feel as well, Juventus can get better, but they could have also gotten way worse. However, I do think that Del Neri will be a big up from Zaccheroni.

"He will get us back into the CL."

That's funny.

The same thing was said about Zach when he was appointed.

And the even more humorous aspect of these posts is that not only do they speak with such certainty, they also talk as if Del Neri is miles ahead of Zaccheroni. :howler:
The only reason I have such strong faith in Del Neri is because of Marotta and Agnelli. Even though Zaccheroni won a Scudetto with Milan in '99, when he arrived at Juventus he was faced with the disgraceful helm of the club known as Blanc and Secco. Del Neri will have Marotta, and so far their partnership at Sampdoria looked to be a success and I believe with Juventus' funds, and Marotta's expertise in the mercato Del Neri can benefit alot and surpass what Zaccheroni has done even though that's not saying much, if anything at all. But he will be able to bring us back to being a competitive force in Serie A and hopefully Europe.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The only reason I have such strong faith in Del Neri is because of Marotta and Agnelli. Even though Zaccheroni won a Scudetto with Milan in '99 he was faced with the disgraceful helm of Juventus known as Blanc and Secco. Del Neri will have Marotta, and so far their partnership at Sampdoria looked to be a success and I believe with Juventus' funds, and Marotta's expertise in the mercato Del Neri can benefit alot and surpass what Zaccheroni has done even though that's not saying much, if anything at all.
Marotta is a different case to Del Neri. Much more uncertainty surrounds the former. It is far different being the GM of Sampdoria than it is taking the reigns of Juventus as you're looking at finding different players, have different expectations, and have more of a transfer kitty to blow.

Del Neri managed Roma, a club with similar ambitions to ours. He was clearly not up to it.

If anybody should be given the benefit of the doubt, it would be Marotta, NOT Del Neri.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Ahh, the verbiage changed from the defiant "will" to the more cautious "should". Well, some matters in life aren't so set in stone, and not everything ends up as folks think they should. Most of the time the opposite occurs, especially in cases with lots of uncertainty.
I think you are over thinking this a bit much yo.
Unfortunately for us, Del Neri is not only an uncertainty but also someone who has shown to be quite poor at times.

In my view, a decent manager would be someone like Prandelli, even if I'm not a big fan. So to end up with Del Neri is an absolute nightmare.
Believe me I am just as disappointed about Del Neri's appointment as you. As I said before the beginning of this season the most important acquisition is not any player but the manager. Our board's repeated faith in mediocre managers is the main reason we have failed to win anything since Serie B and their inability to land a better man will hold this team back regardless of which players we sign.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008

:shocked2:

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
Why shouldn't we be confident about getting a CL spot? We have currently the second best squad of players in the league and I would be really shocked to see that change over the summer. A half decent manager should be able to take fourth next season.
that can be said about this season and look what happened?
also there is a possibility that Italy will loose a CL seat.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
of what he did with Villareal, they played absolutely awesome football
at Real he was off in CL but they were pretty good in La Liga only Barca had their best liga season ever
in any other season Real would have been champion
and Del Neri? fourth is his best record ever
you really have to think about that?

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
of what he did with Villareal, they played absolutely awesome football
at Real he was off in CL but they were pretty good in La Liga only Barca had their best liga season ever
in any other season Real would have been champion
and Del Neri? fourth is his best record ever
you really have to think about that?
Do you think including Real Madrid’s season is valid in this argument?

Cristiano Ronaldo this season could’ve played alone. He was decisive in almost all of their games.

So, get Madrid out of the equation. As for, Del Neri you can’t know how far he would’ve gone with Sampdoria in the CL and he had a great season with in Serie A. As a result, I don’t see Pellegrini an upgrade over Del Neri.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
oh please, Del Neri has been a coach for 30 years and done absolutely nothing extra-ordinary
why would you rate him at all?
I would feel a lot more comfortable with Pellegrini
as for Real, they had a completely different team this year and after let's say three months he turned them into a team
I would like to see Del Neri do that over here but I have my doubts
now I know we won't be spending 250 million but I would be happy if we reach top three next year
I just don't feel comfortable with Del Neri in charge

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
How can anyone not see Pelligrini is a much, much better upgrade over Del Neri? Anyways, no use crying over spilled milk. Good luck Del Black, you are gonna need it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)