Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (15 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I was hoping for a revolution too, but hiring Del Neri shows the ambition of the board. The players will be of the same prestige. Think along the lines of Cassani, Palombo, Pazzini, Bonucci, Rannocchia whatever. Mid table Serie A "stars". If you're a world class player or prospect, why in the world would you want to come to a Juve that just finished 7:th and hired Del Neri? I sure hope I'm wrong but it don't make sense to me.
Well, in terms of players, we got to be realistic here. Since we finished 7th, the best we can do right now, is to buy from serie a. And some of these players you mentioned, arent that bad. I am hearing good things about Rannocchia. Palombo has been a good midfielder, but we dont need a midfielder like that right now.

The question here is, how much of a say Del Neri has in the buys. Is it all up to Marotta or not.

Btw, its quite usual that when some teams do better than the usual suspects, the players who were there, are going to be bought by the usual suspects, which also results in weakening the rivals.

We will see how it goes. My worry is that Del Neri needs to develop the team looking also long term, but i am worried Del Neri and Marotta will just buy to make instant impact.

This got me thinking, that for all the talk about Serie B opportunity to juvenate the team, Marchisio is the only young player we have brought to XI. Again, its another missed opportunity. F--k Ranieri for that, f--k him hard, wasnt he labeled as one of the managers who gives youth chance? And here we are now...Iaquinta, Amauri, Trezeguet, DP all in their 30s. Giovinco playing 5 minutes in 1 month.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Despite our descent into patheticness, I am sure that as a club, we still hold prestigious allure, to some potentially wonderful or already established stars. Much will depend on the signings made and players sold, by Marotta and Del Neri. Obviously...We need some experience and quality in the back line, then some hunger and intense ambition on the flanks of midfield, perhaps also in attack.

With players like Buffon, Marchisio, Chiellini, Diego, Melo ( who was woeful for us, but amazing for fiorentina and a starter for argubly the strongest national team)...we DO offer other players the chance to play with some of the world's best. Also...if there appears a suggestion that we are looking to rapidly increase our strength, in depth, that will attract ambitious players, who will see us as likely to be back amongst the best in a year or two, and want to spearhead that campaign...become part of the group of players that took Juve back to the pinnacle!

Hopeful? insanely so...but not quite truly demented.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Just read the report about Mou said he don't enjoy Serie A and think about his future after CL. I think this means he will go to RM. I still can't believe we stuck with Del Neri if later Inter can get Benitez, Capello.. I would even pick Pellegrini rather than Del Neri

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
whos to say pellegrini can install discipline into this team? whos to say he will gain the players respect? pfft you're all writting off Del Neri before he's even started, i hope he proves the doubters wrong tbh, Personally i remain optimistic but at the same time sceptical without overly criticising.

I honestly dont see why people are touting pellegrini as some kind of miracle worker, he is a manager who despite hundreds of millions in talent gets knocked out by a semi pro spanish side in the league cup? no thanks respect to what he did at villarreal, but the same must be given to what Del Neri did at samp.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
whos to say pellegrini can install discipline into this team? whos to say he will gain the players respect? pfft you're all writting off Del Neri before he's even started, i hope he proves the doubters wrong tbh, Personally i remain optimistic but at the same time sceptical without overly criticising.

I honestly dont see why people are touting pellegrini as some kind of miracle worker, he is a manager who despite hundreds of millions in talent gets knocked out by a semi pro spanish side in the league cup? no thanks respect to what he did at villarreal, but the same must be given to what Del Neri did at samp.
:lol: wtf is that shit there man??

Del fairy was gonna have a heart attack after reaching CL preliminary KO's, it should be illegal for him to be mentioned in the same sentence as pellegrini

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Personally i remain optimistic but at the same time sceptical without overly criticising.
Just shut up with that nonsense. I'm tired of this pussy-footing around.

If you (not you, Badass) do not think Del Neri is a proper manager for Juventus and you don't think he will succeed here, STATE YOUR OPINION.

There is nothing in the rules here, nor is there some sort of supporter rule book at all, where the stipulations are that you have to be optimistic about an addition to the staff to the point of censoring your own thoughts.

While everybody was saying, "Give Secco and Blanc time, don't be pessimistic," the foundations of one of our worst seasons in history were being cemented into the ground.

Do not pay attention to that bullshit propaganda.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I agree with you Badass Devil. Many people are getting on Del Neri's case before he has even been sworn into Juventus. Del Neri will lead us back into CL standings, I don't know if he'll be the right man to get us right back into competing with Inter to win the Scudetto but he'll bring us back to the respectability of a prestigious club. No manager will change Juventus over one season, especially in the chaos that it is in right now not even the "The Special One [Gay]" can do it.

We have to climb back up the ranks, and Del Neri should be given a fair chance to make it happen.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He will get us back into the CL but I don't see a serious push for the scudetto. Depending upon the squad he has a cup trophy is a possibility.

I am not going to celebrate or curse his appointment, we could do better and we could do worse so I will give him the benefit of the doubt before judging him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
"He will get us back into the CL."

That's funny.

The same thing was said about Zach when he was appointed.

And the even more humorous aspect of these posts is that not only do they speak with such certainty, they also talk as if Del Neri is miles ahead of Zaccheroni. :howler:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)