Luigi "Vergogna" Delneri (2 Viewers)

Finish the season with or without Del Neri?

• Yes, keep Del Neri till the end of the season and then fire him

• Fire Del Neri now and replace him with someone else till the end of the season

Results are only viewable after voting.

ImOnFire15

Nov 19, 2009
Only supported Inter because Jose Mourinho. Like I said I dont watch much Serie A. Also my dad being AC Milan fan was %20-25 of why I chose Juventus. Supporting Juventus because they have a rich history being most successful team in Italy. Next year a channel called The Score is going to show Italian games so I got more access.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
It's official now that we've completed the transformation into a mid table club. It's not a joke anymore, it's not something that can be dismissed as a rant from an overly pessimistic and spoiled fan. It's actually happening, and it's scaring the shit out of me.

The issue isn't if Del Neri will do a good job or not. The issue is what it is that will be considered a "good job". I'm think something like reaching a CL-qualifying spot will be a regarded as a success by the management. How the hell are we expecting this loser to bring us to the next level? This guy is as much of a winner as the fucktard Zaccheroni.

I hope for nothing else than him proving me wrong but I just don't see it happening. This guy has the exact same happy to lose attitude that Zaccheroni and Ranieri have. Isn't this the guy who never won against Juve in like 10-20 games or whatever it is?

:yuck:

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Our squad is no where near as good as Inter's so what do people expect us to do if not win the league? the only other objectives are to gain a top 3 finish and have good cups runs.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Our squad is no where near as good as Inter's so what do people expect us to do if not win the league? the only other objectives are to gain a top 3 finish and have good cups runs.
We are Italy's biggest team, we are Spain's answer to Real Madrid and England's answer to Man Utd. If those teams don't win the league in a few years they do everything to get back to the top. We've not been doing that. We're becoming less and less prestigious. At the moment, what is the difference between us and Tottenham or Sevilla for example? We are one of the most prestigious teams in Europe, we should start acting like it.

Do you guys remember when we finished in 2nd place twice with Ancelotti? Moggi fired Ancelotti and he bought a hell of a lot of players to get us back to where we belong. Thats how it should be, not even finishing 2nd is enough for this team. We've lost all of that these days.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
It's official now that we've completed the transformation into a mid table club. It's not a joke anymore, it's not something that can be dismissed as a rant from an overly pessimistic and spoiled fan. It's actually happening, and it's scaring the shit out of me.

The issue isn't if Del Neri will do a good job or not. The issue is what it is that will be considered a "good job". I'm think something like reaching a CL-qualifying spot will be a regarded as a success by the management. How the hell are we expecting this loser to bring us to the next level? This guy is as much of a winner as the fucktard Zaccheroni.

I hope for nothing else than him proving me wrong but I just don't see it happening. This guy has the exact same happy to lose attitude that Zaccheroni and Ranieri have. Isn't this the guy who never won against Juve in like 10-20 games or whatever it is?

:yuck:
I agree, its a risky move. Del Neri just had his best season, just now...and his 60 years old coach.

I am hoping for the best...dont expect us to win title, even if we had got a better manager...too much needs to be changed in the players roster...but Del Neri might have just had one of those fluke season, beside Serie A quality is not that good right now anyway.

I guess Marotta has something to do with it also...

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Difference is we lost nearly all our best players and got relegated. If Real Madrid and Manchester United can come back from that instantly then we can compare ourselves.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
We are Italy's biggest team, we are Spain's answer to Real Madrid and England's answer to Man Utd. If those teams don't win the league in a few years they do everything to get back to the top. We've not been doing that. We're becoming less and less prestigious. At the moment, what is the difference between us and Tottenham or Sevilla for example? We are one of the most prestigious teams in Europe, we should start acting like it.

Do you guys remember when we finished in 2nd place twice with Ancelotti? Moggi fired Ancelotti and he bought a hell of a lot of players to get us back to where we belong. Thats how it should be, not even finishing 2nd is enough for this team. We've lost all of that these days.
I agree, and i think its ridiculous to still point out the calciopoli affect. Its 4 years already.

We have lost valuable time thanks to people like Blanc, Giggli, Secco.

Marotta at least has long experience in football, so heres hoping...but its really pathetic the way this club has been run...thats why i have recently questioned, if Juve should be sold.

These people dont care enough about football (Elkanns).

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
See there, even the fans are starting to accept it.

What I expect from Juve? To make a serious push to try and regain the position as Italy's number one. Starting with the appointment of a new management and coaching staff. Hiring Del Neri is sending out the wrong signals and setting the standards for what is to come during the mercato.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
See there, even the fans are starting to accept it.

What I expect from Juve? To make a serious push to try and regain the position as Italy's number one. Starting with the appointment of a new management and coaching staff. Hiring Del Neri is sending out the wrong signals and setting the standards for what is to come during the mercato.
I think you'll be made to eat your words come our Mercato.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Difference is we lost nearly all our best players and got relegated. If Real Madrid and Manchester United can come back from that instantly then we can compare ourselves.
Who cares about that anymore. We are in 2010.

What has happened has happened. We have now played 3 years in serie a. So now we should have made that next step. Lets just forget the Ferraras and Sackeronis.

From Ranieri to Del Neri....

I am not asking for Wenger or Capello here...but there are more reliable or at least potential managers out there.

Seriously...what if Fiorentina or Genoa had made the 4 spot? Had we gone for Prandelli or Gasperini then?

Its such a huge gamble.

Add to that, Del Neri has no proven record of turning mess in to diamonds...Look what he did at Roma, and ask, if he can do good here.

Its just not a improving move.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Some of the comments on here are laughable.

Sure he is not the big name we wanted but he has just had a very good season with Samp.

Give him a chance, at least to see who he wants to bring in, who he wants to stay before getting so emotional.
Mourinho used to be a translator.

Ancelotti used to coach Reggiana.

Lippi used to coach Siena and Atalanta.

everyone starts small until they get their big chance, you can't knock the dude just yet.
Don't get me wrong , both of you, but the same story was told for Ferrara and Zaccheroni after, "give him a chance!" Well I really don't want to waste another chance, what we need is a World Class coach to give us a chance now.

Very well said Suns!! You said everything here.:tup:

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Who cares about that anymore. We are in 2010.

What has happened has happened. We have now played 3 years in serie a. So now we should have made that next step. Lets just forget the Ferraras and Sackeronis.

From Ranieri to Del Neri....

I am not asking for Wenger or Capello here...but there are more reliable or at least potential managers out there.

Seriously...what if Fiorentina or Genoa had made the 4 spot? Had we gone for Prandelli or Gasperini then?

Its such a huge gamble.

Add to that, Del Neri has no proven record of turning mess in to diamonds...Look what he did at Roma, and ask, if he can do good here.

Its just not a improving move.

The mistake was hiring Blanc,Secco and Gigli when we got promoted. We inherited a board that had next to no knowledge with football matters and were all about balancing the books. So we hired Ranieri which was a good move then kind of backfired on us in the end. So the inexperienced board made a mistake hiring Ferrara and we paid for it.

Now we have a solid board with people involved who know football. If Marotta trusts Del Neri then I feel confident. It may take us 1 or 2 season to become competitive again but thats the way the cycle has turned out. We cannot change the past the past 4 years have gone no need to dwell on it now. Lets move forward and look at our future and see how it pans out.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
But thats a lame excuse and its getting kind of old at this point. We even managed to finish 3rd our first year after Serie B. The team had the Calciopoli excuse for a season, maybe two but by now this shouldn't be an excuse anymore. And honestly, except for Zlatan, all the other players we sold went on to become shit.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
I think you'll be made to eat your words come our Mercato.
I was hoping for a revolution too, but hiring Del Neri shows the ambition of the board. The players will be of the same prestige. Think along the lines of Cassani, Palombo, Pazzini, Bonucci, Rannocchia whatever. Mid table Serie A "stars". If you're a world class player or prospect, why in the world would you want to come to a Juve that just finished 7:th and hired Del Neri? I sure hope I'm wrong but it don't make sense to me.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
I was hoping for a revolution too, but hiring Del Neri shows the ambition of the board. The players will be of the same prestige. Think along the lines of Cassani, Palombo, Pazzini, Bonucci, Rannocchia whatever. Mid table Serie A "stars". If you're a world class player or prospect, why in the world would you want to come to a Juve that just finished 7:th and hired Del Neri? I sure hope I'm wrong but it don't make sense to me.
You have a point. However if we can offer players a good enough contract they will come. Juventus is still a prestigious name around Europe and will become one again. Getting a few established players from Serie A on the cheap would not be bad for next season(Cassani,Lichsteiner,Criscito), then if we get into the Champions League spots we can try to lure the top players back.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
The mistake was hiring Blanc,Secco and Gigli when we got promoted. We inherited a board that had next to no knowledge with football matters and were all about balancing the books. So we hired Ranieri which was a good move then kind of backfired on us in the end. So the inexperienced board made a mistake hiring Ferrara and we paid for it.

Now we have a solid board with people involved who know football. If Marotta trusts Del Neri then I feel confident. It may take us 1 or 2 season to become competitive again but thats the way the cycle has turned out. We cannot change the past the past 4 years have gone no need to dwell on it now. Lets move forward and look at our future and see how it pans out.
Why are you repeating what i just said myself.

Anyway, the reason why Marotta trusts Del Neri, could possibly be because he wants more familiar faces when he takes on this new task what he has.

He said himself that its a big one, and Juve needs to become what they used to be. But Del Neri is still a risky move. And i def feel, that he took Del Neri, to have some comfort...he doesnt need to "learn" the manager. But i think this might just be too big of a task for Del Neri. He hasnt coached a big club like Juve for a while...Roma kind of was his last big club, and look where that got him.

Just praying that Del Neri has become a good manager now. Really praying.

Juve cant afford replacing managers each season...there isnt going to be any long term development in the club.

What Juve right now needs, is a manager who can be here possibly next 5-10 years. So he can build a new team, because thats what Juve needs. A totally new team, what can win. Is Del Neri the answer? :scared:

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Would you not be happy with Del Neri setting a solid foundation then a more established manager coming in to take the reigns? trying to convince quality managers to join us in the mess were in, is not easy. Thats why I won't beat myself up with the appointment of him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)