Luciano Moggi (6 Viewers)

Shall we move Moggi's thread to the [Legend] section?

• Yes, move it to the legend section

• No, it shouldn't, keep it as it is

• I don't care/Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Good post. The state of world football is very different to how it was in Moggi's day. The Abramovic experiment and the copycat cases along with television have changed the game more or less completely.
Exactly... back in Moggi's days only one player a year would be sold for a huge amount of money..

Now we have Luiz for 50M and Diego Costa for something around 50M... and the mercato hasn't even started yet...
there is way to many money flying around and if a club says it is willing to sell their best player, there won't be only 1 team that is able to pay them what they want...

If we sell Pogba for a fuckload of money, every team will know this... Fucking one season wonders like Iturbe and Candreva will cost us 25M+ just because they know we got money to spend... And then im not even talking about players from different competitions, where the risks are higher and the prices aswell...

Buy on AliExpress.com

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
The other things in that article are fun to read aswell.... Is his book in english??

I remember zlatan scoring the most beautifull goal ever with ajax... (against NAC i think) and then the camera went to Vdv immediately, and he wasn't even cheering..

:touched: good times... when Ajax actually had some potential WC players

JamalRice10

Mally Loves Nara!
Nov 25, 2005
Moggi also wrote about some of the incidents in the life of Paolo Montero.

“I smile thinking about Montero. He was a great player who loved the night life. ”

“But he was a real man who always took responsibility. When Montero went out chasing women and drinking beer, he was like a tornado on pitch the following day: he never gave up.

“Montero always went out with Mark Iuliano at night. He was a warrior who will always be in the hearts of the Juve fans. After Montero got married and stopped going out, his performance dipped considerably.”

“I told him: 'Stay out all night or I will sell you’. Luckily after that Montero went back to giving great performances.”

Oh how I love moggi :)

Jul 1, 2010
http://www.football-italia.net/52151/moggi-coaches-come-and-go

Moggi: 'Coaches come and go'

Ex-Juventus director Luciano Moggi is confident they can do without Antonio Conte. “Coaches come and go.”

The Bianconeri caused shockwaves this evening when Conte announced he had terminated his contract by mutual consent.

“This news did surprise me. I tried ringing him, but he didn’t answer the phone,” Moggi told Tuttomercatoweb.

“I don’t know what happened. I am sure he didn’t do it because of another offer. I think he’d always choose Juve first, so it must be painful for him to take this step.”

The fact Conte made this announcement on the second day of pre-season training raised many questions, including a possible protest at Arturo Vidal’s potential sale to Manchester United.

“It could be, but with an offer worth €50m you need to take it and find replacements,” continued Moggi.

“A club has to look at the balance sheet, as nowadays we see bankrupt clubs all the time and budgets must go hand in hand with sporting requirements.

“How will Juve do without Conte? The King is dead, long live the King. Coaches come and go.”

Conte is now the hot favourite to take over the Italy job, but Moggi insisted he’d “rule that out.”

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
http://www.football-italia.net/52151/moggi-coaches-come-and-go

Moggi: 'Coaches come and go'

Ex-Juventus director Luciano Moggi is confident they can do without Antonio Conte. “Coaches come and go.”

The Bianconeri caused shockwaves this evening when Conte announced he had terminated his contract by mutual consent.

“This news did surprise me. I tried ringing him, but he didn’t answer the phone,” Moggi told Tuttomercatoweb.

“I don’t know what happened. I am sure he didn’t do it because of another offer. I think he’d always choose Juve first, so it must be painful for him to take this step.”

The fact Conte made this announcement on the second day of pre-season training raised many questions, including a possible protest at Arturo Vidal’s potential sale to Manchester United.

“It could be, but with an offer worth €50m you need to take it and find replacements,” continued Moggi.

“A club has to look at the balance sheet, as nowadays we see bankrupt clubs all the time and budgets must go hand in hand with sporting requirements.

“How will Juve do without Conte? The King is dead, long live the King. Coaches come and go.”

Conte is now the hot favourite to take over the Italy job, but Moggi insisted he’d “rule that out.”
Probably had his Swiss SIM card in the phone

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Just like juve is not the same after Moggi,
It wont be the same after Conte either.
It is no coincidence that our enemies did all they could to remove them from their places , at all costs, as long as we had them...

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Just like juve is not the same after Moggi,
It wont be the same after Conte either.
It is no coincidence that our enemies did all they could to remove them from their places , at all costs, as long as we had them...
I would agree with you on Juve not being the same after Moggi but it's because of Farsopoli but Juve not being the same after Conte as if this is the end all be all :sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)