Luciano Moggi (15 Viewers)

Shall we move Moggi's thread to the [Legend] section?

• Yes, move it to the legend section

• No, it shouldn't, keep it as it is

• I don't care/Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I agree we were in the top five but not on top of that 5!
To win the Serie A is way easier than the CL as it reflect more on a season than one or two games
that is why we won the league and dominated it
in europe there is more about 2 games than the whole season
as for playing beautiful football there is no doubt that we were a bit boring but also very effective and tough to break thats why I compared this Juve to this year`s Inter!
Success wise you can`t say Capello isn`t great as success wise he is one of the greats and thats why I said Capello is not inferior

If you want us to focus on playing beautiful football there is no doubt that Wenger is way better than Capello
BUT if you want to look for success than Capello is the man!

and Hiddink Russia was just an example that you can`t always win (even if you have the better squad or the better manager)
I never said that squad was the best but one of the best five squads in europe.The only teams that were superior in terms of squads were man utd & barcelona.As for the league/CL comparisons its all too obvious now isnt it?

We were dominating Serie A,so the next step would be to play attractive football.Capello's team was all brute strength & relying on individual skill.Also you cant even begin to compare the two teams because inter spent millions building their squad & not to mention pouncing in Juve's predicament.That Juve squad was built through shrewed business & careful spending unlike inters reckless spending over the years.

Well lets look at Wengers achievements.He came in as an unknown coach.He single handedly transformed Arsenal into a winning team with shrewed signings,taking a chance on foreign players when the epl wouldn't really look past the uk border.He broke man utd's dominance in the epl playing beautiful football.When Arsenal were winning,Wenger had the complete confidence & support from David Dean.Dean left & the stadium was number one priority,leaving limited funds for transfers.Wenger was left to focus on youth players which didn't make them competitive for the present moment.

Now can you honestly tell me that Cappello could have mirrored,Wenger's success at Arsenal?Cappello had huge funds available during most of his spells at his clubs.

At milan he had maldini,baresi,gullit & van basten in his team & silvio berlusconi dropped the cash to assemble that team.At madrid he had seedorf,roberto carlos,suker & mijatovic.My point is he had all that talent at his disposal & you wanna compare what Wenger had at his disposal?Cappello won the CL with milan & madrid,so are you still honestly telling me that having a Juve squad with players like DP,Ibra,Trez,Mutu,Emerson,Zambrotta,Thuram,Cannavaro,Vieira & Buffon that the triade wouldn't expect the CL trophy after his success at milan & madrid in that competition?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I can compare our type of play back then to Inter`s right now quite easily as for how the teams got to where they are that`s a different story

About Wenger and Capello
Wenger is a successful manager who I`d love to see on our bench
He is successful he is getting the best out of his players especially young ones
and I believe Arsenal would battle for a CL spot and not the championship hadn`t they got Wenger

Capello is playing for effectiveness and doesn`t care how his team win the most important thing is that the team win

I don`t say Wenger couldn`t get success with us or Wenger couldn`t the job as good as Capello
I just say that in terms of success Capello is the best in achieving it
that doesn`t say Wenger is a bad coach he is fucking great and if I had a coach to choose for this period it would be him successfull and he could take Giovinco to fullfill his potential I truely believe Giovinco could end up as one of the top 5 midfielders in the world (the same goes for Diego altough I see him more of a Zidane while Giovinco is more like Messi)

2nd thing I don`t say England plays the most attractive football in europe but when the WC time arrives I`d put my bet on them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)