Luciano Moggi (18 Viewers)

Shall we move Moggi's thread to the [Legend] section?

• Yes, move it to the legend section

• No, it shouldn't, keep it as it is

• I don't care/Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Can somebody fill me in on Moggi's selling record?
I've got three of the higher profile non-Zidane sales

Henry Purchased for 10.5 million sterling, Sold for 11 million sterling

Vieri Purchased for 2.5 million Euro, Sold for 10 million Euro

Inzaghi Purchased for 23 Billion lire, sold for 45 Billion Lire and Cristian Zenoni

I will try to find others

- - - Updated - - -

Di Vaio Loan for 2 million euro and Matteo Brighi, Purchased for an additional 14 million euro. Sold for 10.5 Million euro

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
How about Baggio?

People in here would go completely beserk if that happened now
I'm not counting him because he didn't buy him. And the problem is that the numbers were never released anyway on the terms of his sale.

And yes, I agree with you. People would absolutely lose their fucking minds right now

- - - Updated - - -

And hindsight being 20/20, it ended up being a great move for us, as it allowed Alex to step in.

But at that time, the move was very controversial. You are talking about the symbol of Italian football at a time where Serie A was arguably the top league in the world. It would be very difficult to try and compare a similar scenario right now.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm not counting him because he didn't buy him. And the problem is that the numbers were never released anyway on the terms of his sale.

And yes, I agree with you. People would absolutely lose their fucking minds right now

- - - Updated - - -

And hindsight being 20/20, it ended up being a great move for us, as it allowed Alex to step in.

But at that time, the move was very controversial. You are talking about the symbol of Italian football at a time where Serie A was arguably the top league in the world. It would be very difficult to try and compare a similar scenario right now.
I know we bought him for £8m, and sold him for 23Bn lira. At the time that was... £10.4m. So some profit after 5 years.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

It was controversial, but several things were important imo:

- Lippi had already decided he wanted a team less dependent on Baggio before the 1994-95 season.
- Baggio was injured for the most part of that season, after sustaining (another) serious knee injury.
- Del Piero had already had several great performances for Juventus by that time (including a hattrick against Parma who where challenging for the title in the 1993-94 season.

All things considered it was the obvious decision.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I've got three of the higher profile non-Zidane sales

Henry Purchased for 10.5 million sterling, Sold for 11 million sterling

Vieri Purchased for 2.5 million Euro, Sold for 10 million Euro

Inzaghi Purchased for 23 Billion lire, sold for 45 Billion Lire and Cristian Zenoni

I will try to find others

- - - Updated - - -

Di Vaio Loan for 2 million euro and Matteo Brighi, Purchased for an additional 14 million euro. Sold for 10.5 Million euro
Peruzzi Sold for 16m stirling to Inter
Ravanelli Sold for 8.3m stirling to Boro
Souza Sold 3m stirling to Dortmund

All figures from transfermarkt

I cant find the figures as to how much these guys were bought for but i cant imagine it being any more than they were sold.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Peruzzi Sold for 16m stirling to Inter
Ravanelli Sold for 8.3m stirling to Boro
Souza Sold 3m stirling to Dortmund

All figures from transfermarkt

I cant find the figures as to how much these guys were bought for but i cant imagine it being any more than they were sold.
I am only counting players that he himself bought and sold.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
and to think Preziosi caught with a briefcase full of cash is still around.
Catania's Pulvirenti ADMITTED in buying 5 games and I don't think he got a lifetime ban...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)