Look, Zlatan.. (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm glad your team qualified in its own disgraceful way, but could you stop making fun of Italian players that are obviously right in saying they were robbed. So Totti was suspended "for the good of the game", but how about this draw, which really WAS FIXED. Come on, guys, that strange thing Sorensen did? Please...this was just too obvious. Now it's the second time we go out "for the good of the game" and yet we are called sour losers...Agreed, Italy should have beaten Sweden, BUT that goal Zlatan made wasn't legal. Some guy pushed down Zambrotta and Zlatan himself pushed away Buffon. And is it just a coincidence Italy were denied 2 very clear penalties against Bulgaria?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    And you shouldn't. But the least you can say is that this turn of events is rather suspicious. That and the fact everyone apparently dislikes Italians. I guess it's jealousy.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++
    And you shouldn't. But the least you can say is that this turn of events is rather suspicious. That and the fact everyone apparently dislikes Italians. I guess it's jealousy.
    Andries, why does "everyone" dislike the French? (At least a lot of Italians do, I know that.) I guess it's jealousy..

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Oh, come on, everyone dislikes the Italians, the Germans, the English, the French, the Portugese, etc. Nobody likes anybody, and everyone loves to see the underdog win.

And I saw both games, and I dont think the match was fixed, both teams played the best they could.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    You have to admit there are really a lot of people that dislike Italians. It's a nation you either love or hate. Sometimes that's in your advantage, sometimes it isn't. Perhaps there are even more people that love Italy than there are that love France but there are also more that hate Italy, because most people don't bother about France. But it's ok. It's good for you to still believe in the sport's integrity. Like Hierro said after the game against Korea "as a football player you just want to believe it's human incompetence".

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Oh, come on, everyone dislikes the Italians, the Germans, the English, the French, the Portugese, etc. Nobody likes anybody, and everyone loves to see the underdog win.

And I saw both <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=games&v=56">games</a>, and I dont think the match was fixed, both teams played the best they could.
    That could be the reason as well..considering Italy never are the underdogs.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Why cant you just accept that Italy didnt deserve to go through. The matter of fact is that if they had been good enough to beat all three teams in their group no conspiracy could have stopped them.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    That's not the point. Indeed, Italy did not deserve to go through, but in the end they should have and Sörensen tricked us.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    AndriesGobert, maybe you should just try and look at the situation from different angles. Your team lost, but still, try and keep cool, at least to some exent.

Did you even see the Denmark-Sweden game?

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    Oh right Sorensen tried to save that cross in your opinion?

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    And yes, I saw the Denmark-Sweden game, actually I saw it twice.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    And yes, I saw the Denmark-Sweden game, actually I saw it twice.
    And do you have any comments on how close Denmark came to making it 3-1? Did you feel that you were viewing a match that was fixed?

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    It really is easy to fix these things. You just go for a very open game and in the end one of the goalkeepers screws up and everything's okay. It's as simple as that. BUT seeing Cassano was going to be Italy's hero perhaps it's good Italy were knocked out by circumstances.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    I did feel that way in how the Swedes played. Now actually I think Denmark was playing fairly, except Sorensen. You can't deny that cross was very very strange, can you? But yes, I'm willing to believe Denmark just can't finish. Don't you think it's strange how fans are eagerly hoping for a draw?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I did feel that way in how the Swedes played. Now actually I think Denmark was playing fairly, except Sorensen. You can't deny that cross was very very strange, can you? But yes, I'm willing to believe Denmark just can't finish. Don't you think it's strange how fans are eagerly hoping for a draw?
    Not really. Why wouldnt they, the Italian media was making such a big deal of it, so they probably went along for the ride.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    It really is easy to fix these things.
    :rolleyes:
    Don't you think it's strange how fans are eagerly hoping for a draw?
    NO, OF COURSE NOT!!!
    2-2 was the result that made sure that both teams went through, of course the fans were happy. I'm sure the Denmark fans for example would rather see Sweden through than Italy. Why? Because these are neighbourhood countries, who have a much shared history and frequent contact with each other. Do you really find it strange that fans were hoping for a draw?!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)