London 2012 Olympics (35 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
of course it does - it's a traditional sport, a center piece of the olympics along with athletics ... not some hoola-hoop competition that was added mainly to increase the amount of viewers from the far east.
Still doesn't mean they should have 30 medals , only the running competitions have that much (i think they have around 35 medals) + the swimming competitions have different styles which allows a swimmer to take place in a ton of races , swimmers can compete even in 7 or more disciplines while running athletes max go to 3 . It is designed in a way that those nations who are good at swimming gain a lot in confront of nations who are good in other sports .
Just look at jamaica , they are good sprinters , but at max they would go around 10 medals if they win absolutely everything , while in swimming with half the medals you go around 15 .
Swimming holds much more medals than it should IMO .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's obvious that you are going to get lots of medals in events where you run, swim or cycle, there are many variations and different attributes required for them. I'm not sure how you can have 30 medals for badminton or ping pong to be honest :D Any kind of racquet sport is pretty restricted to either gender singles and doubles plus mixed doubles.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I used to think like that, but ultimately just because I don't understand, care about, or watch a sport doesn't mean a lot of skill doesn't go into it. China have 1.3 billion people, and ping pong and badminton are national sports, so they are going to be extremely good at them.

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 22:01 ----------

:lol: :lol:

come on you cant possibly compare swimming to ping pong

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 16:11 ----------

Still doesn't mean they should have 30 medals , only the running competitions have that much (i think they have around 35 medals) + the swimming competitions have different styles which allows a swimmer to take place in a ton of races , swimmers can compete even in 7 or more disciplines while running athletes max go to 3 . It is designed in a way that those nations who are good at swimming gain a lot in confront of nations who are good in other sports .
Just look at jamaica , they are good sprinters , but at max they would go around 10 medals if they win absolutely everything , while in swimming with half the medals you go around 15 .
Swimming holds much more medals than it should IMO .
and ping pong should never be an olympic sport

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
how do you decide one discipline should have less medals? only a subjective fool would try to argue ping pong over swimming, one is a juggler the other a true athlete
and how do you define a true athlete ? what is a true athlete ?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I just find it amazing how an Albanian is so defensive of Chinese athletics.

Don't worry, dude. In 10 years, when they actually end up owning your country, you could say that you were ahead of the curve :D

Hell, they practically own the US right now as it stands, anyway

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 17:21 ----------

I can't wait for Modern Warfare to be an olympic event.

I am so bringing home a medal for the US of A

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
I just find it amazing how an Albanian is so defensive of Chinese athletics.

Don't worry, dude. In 10 years, when they actually end up owning your country, you could say that you were ahead of the curve :D

Hell, they practically own the US right now as it stands, anyway
They are never going to own my country :D , still i am a fan so i am defensive , how is it possible that fans over the world are defensive when other fans attack juve althrough they aren't born in torino :D

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 23:22 ----------

well, subjective fool has just been defined
You continue to think you are right and stating your words as facts without any arguments , indeed Subjective fool has been defined :D

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
It's good like that, do China have more chances to overtake the USA now?
don't really think so now , they lost to many medals in some competitions where they should have won . There still is a tae kwne do match which could send the result to 39 - 38 , but the chinese have few competitions where they are favourites , i think they have only 1 sure medal in diving 10 m men , on the other hand the us have 2 in basketball + medals they will get in athletics

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It's good like that, do China have more chances to overtake the USA now?
Well, the US are heavy favorites in both Men's and Women's basketball, plus the top two Decathletes are American as well, so who knows at this point.

has the lawnmowing competition come up yet? The Chinese could probably take that one with ease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)