London 2012 Olympics (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
And Canada could win the hockey competition and get only one medal. Almost doesn't seem fair, really.
What's going on now? Are you taking a dig at Canada? :D

Because sure, we have over 50% of the NHL players still, and should basically win every hockey competition we're in... :p

But we still finished with the most Gold medals in 2010. Also, 3rd overall in total medals.

Not to mention we should have been playing for Olympic gold in women's footy today - although the last second victory over France was pretty special all the same.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
don't really think so now , they lost to many medals in some competitions where they should have won . There still is a tae kwne do match which could send the result to 39 - 38 , but the chinese have few competitions where they are favourites , i think they have only 1 sure medal in diving 10 m men , on the other hand the us have 2 in basketball + medals they will get in athletics
Excellent.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Jade Jones just beat some China girl to win the women's 57kg taekwondo gold. Gerd just committed suicide.

Another gold for GB :tup:

Should taekwondo be an Olympic sport? :p

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Team GB have been really impressive this time around.
They also did really well in Beijing finishing 4th with 47 medals (19 gold), but having a home games is always useful. They are dominating cycling and rowing, which always helps stack medals up.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
why the long nose, seabiscuit? :p

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 15:35 ----------

:D
:(

Jade Jones just beat some China girl to win the women's 57kg taekwondo gold. Gerd just committed suicide.

Another gold for GB :tup:

Should taekwondo be an Olympic sport? :p
I am still alive fortunately and yes it should be :D

Team GB have been really impressive this time around.
They also did really well in Beijing finishing 4th with 47 medals (19 gold), but having a home games is always useful. They are dominating cycling and rowing, which always helps stack medals up.
:agree: , it was expected from them to dominate in cycling

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
has the lawnmowing competition come up yet? The Chinese could probably take that one with ease
:lol: I think you're confusing the Chinese for the Mexicans.

What you will really see China dominate on are the exhibition events of Manufacturing Fake Gucci Handbags, Pirating Software, and River Pollution.

I bet you guys are well down with equestrian as an Olympic sport.
Any sport that requires the participation of an animal is dubious in my book. And don't get me started on Dressage, which sounds more like a drag queen Olympic event that Thailand should dominate year-after-year.

What's going on now? Are you taking a dig at Canada? :D
My point being that a hockey team of 20 athletes who plays a half a dozen matches get one medal, and some dude in a swimming pool can earn 8 -- sharing half of them as team events.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
:lol: I think you're confusing the Chinese for the Mexicans.

What you will really see China dominate on are the exhibition events of Manufacturing Fake Gucci Handbags, Pirating Software, and River Pollution.
:lol:

My point being that a hockey team of 20 athletes who plays a half a dozen matches get one medal, and some dude in a swimming pool can earn 8 -- sharing half of them as team events.
I actually did get that part of the argument, broski. :D

I thought you also might be taking a playful dig with the example, though (as in, p'oh Canada, that's the only medal they can win); thought that's why you were using the Canada/hockey example, as opposed to any of the teams that are competing at the summer games. ;)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Like how could we slag on Canadians? You're all so cute and perky with your own "government" and "laws" and stuff. :p

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
:lol:

Yes, yes we are... and yes, yes we do. :stuckup:

I was wondering the same thing myself, actually. How COULD you.

Ca-na-da, Ca-na-da, Ca-na-da

:p

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
11:79 pm tomorrow.

And dammit. I missed all the gymnastics and now all the rhythmic gymnastics too. :cry:

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 23:28 ----------

Btw I heard on the news today that they want to make pole dancing one of the sports in the 2016 Olympics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)