London 2012 Olympics (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
What's all this talk about opening up their hips?

Oh, and Hope Solo is WoM for me. Buffonesque performance.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
The chinese are one forward , still have to see the result of the tae kwon do final and the final result of the women's football :(

:lol:
that's probably not the latest count 'cuase I have been watching the americans have a field day in athletics for a 2nd day in a row now. My guess is the US is already ahead even in the gold medal count.
Tough to be chinese now that all those disciplines full of chinese women with an adam's apple and a crotch bulge bigger than mine are finally over :p

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
The americans just passed the chinese :sergio:

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 22:41 ----------

that's probably not the latest count 'cuase I have been watching the americans have a field day in athletics for a 2nd day in a row now. My guess is the US is already ahead even in the gold medal count.
Tough to be chinese now that all those disciplines full of chinese women with an adam's apple and a crotch bulge bigger than mine are finally over :p
they have won only 1 medal in athletics today :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That was a GREAT final between US-Japan, and I say that as someone who hardly likes Womens football. Feel for Japan, amazing performances to this final, too wasteful in final itself. Was rooting for them a bit due to past games, but that american player, Morgan, she is too annoyingly good :p

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
The americans just passed the chinese :sergio:

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 22:41 ----------

they have won only 1 medal in athletics today :D
:weee: ... :D

I am not counting just the gold medals ;)
the US today had gold and bronze in women's long jump and gold and silver in men's triple long jump, among others ... so, I am still not sure you had the most up-to-date count there

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
9 of their gold medals were in badminton and table tennis.

Wow, that's awesome.

Too bad they didn't have slip n' slide, hula hoops, and toss across competitions.

They probably could have dominated those, too :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
That was a GREAT final between US-Japan, and I say that as someone who hardly likes Womens football. Feel for Japan, amazing performances to this final, too wasteful in final itself. Was rooting for them a bit due to past games, but that american player, Morgan, she is too annoyingly good :p
She's a Cal alum too. :D

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
:weee: ... :D

I am not counting just the gold medals ;)
the US today had gold and bronze in women's long jump and gold and silver in men's triple long jump, among others ... so, I am still not sure you had the most up-to-date count there
I count only gold

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 22:50 ----------

Wow, that's awesome.

Too bad they didn't have slip n' slide, hula hoops, and toss across competitions.

lol , 16 of us medals came from swimming

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 22:52 ----------

the chinese got everything in badminton and table tennis , give those 2 disciplines 30 medals each and we would see a terrible gap between them and the us , swimming has 30+ medals

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Wow, that's awesome.

Hate to say it, but that's exactly my attitude towards a lot of Olympic events. :p

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Feel for Japan, amazing performances to this final, too wasteful in final itself.
Who would have thought a Japanese team would do that? :D They do it from every level at every gender, it's the style of rolling game they play.

The US did well though, nice rivalry going on now.

Well done to Nicola Adams with her gold in the boxing.

As for the sprint events, one way traffic now.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I count only gold

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 22:50 ----------

lol , 16 of us medals came from swimming

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 22:52 ----------

the chinese got everything in badminton and table tennis , give those 2 disciplines 30 medals each and we would see a terrible gap between them and the us , swimming has 30+ medals
mind you, Gerdy, swimming has been an olympic sport from day one of the modern Olympics ... probably even the ancient greeks had it too.

Badminton and table tennis became olympic sports probably not even 20 years ago ... likely in an attempt to popularize the olympics in the far east.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
mind you, Gerdy, swimming has been an olympic sport from day one of the modern Olympics ... probably even the ancient greeks had it too.

Badminton and table tennis became olympic sports probably not even 20 years ago
it still counts , i doubt that the greeks had swimming as a competition , the most traditional olympic games from my knowledge are , discus throw , throw put , javelin throw and running . Still just because it has been before doesn't mean anything , it still has a fucking ton of medals

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Wow, that's awesome.

I used to think like that, but ultimately just because I don't understand, care about, or watch a sport doesn't mean a lot of skill doesn't go into it. China have 1.3 billion people, and ping pong and badminton are national sports, so they are going to be extremely good at them.

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 22:01 ----------

Jazz and Fresh Prince :lol:

:lol: :lol:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
it still counts , i doubt that the greeks had swimming as a competition , the most traditional olympic games from my knowledge are , discus throw , throw put , javelin throw and running . Still just because it has been before doesn't mean anything , it still has a fucking ton of medals
of course it does - it's a traditional sport, a center piece of the olympics along with athletics ... not some hoola-hoop competition that was added mainly to increase the amount of viewers/revenue from the far east.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)