Live Aid 2! (1 Viewer)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++

Why? Robbies a national treasure... No way a show like this goes off with out him
Never liked him actually
I know hes quite big in England and here too, and Id rather see a full hour set of the Spice Girls' greatest hits than him... but thats just me :D

OP
Tom

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #67
    I'm quite annoyed that Oasis have a clash of dates with their tour and are unable to participate.. or thats the official line anyway. Just won't be the same without them.

A ew acts I'm looking forward to, and Annie Lennox is doing walking on broken glass. That song is awesome :D

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    In the observer Liam says something like:

"Are they hoping that some of the lads in G8 are going to see Annie Lennox sing "Sweet Dreams" and think 'Damn, maybe she's got a point there'. Not very likely huh?"

Very entertaining interview by the way. :)

juve1717

Jun 14, 2004
    The London concerts seems to be the best, in my opinion. I just cant imagine Coldplay, Sting (the police), REM, Pink Floyd, Keane, Travis and U2 in one show!!! I envy all the people who are going there. I would also love to go to philadelphia just to see Bon Jovi. ANd Canada for Our Lady peace.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    Sam Roberts and The Tragically Hip are playing in Barrie as well. That sounds pretty cool. All of these artists playing tomorrow are in it for publicity (*cough* Run-DMC *cough*), so that kind of takes away from the cause.

I really want to know what time Pink Floyd is playing so I can watch it.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    The Who is on stage, I wodner if it would be really appropriate to do their usual guitar thrashing. :D

I'm still waiting for the magic moment of Pink Floyd's return. :touched:
    I understand they're gonna play songs from Dark side, it's gonna be great no matter what song they choose.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I saw parts of it, it seemed quite good. Well the London one. Berlin got ripped off big time (from what I saw), they got an unforgettable Beach Boys act ( :rolleyes: ) and A-ha. :howler:

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    One artist that really surprised me was Bon Jovi, the most embarassing was tha ethiopian girl who just stood there waving. Her speech is already a classic. :D

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    The who were great... shame they got cut to jus 2 songs as it was all well behind...

Pink Floyd... Was dissapointed... Barely recognisable from when i saw them at knebworth all those years ago... Shame age has ruined them unlike 'the who' or indeed led zepplin in philly... who were great

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
    No one wants to watch Paul McCartney anymore or the Who and a Pink Floyd reunion really wasn't needed. A Spice Girls reunion probably would have been more exciting.

Keane and Razorlight were decent. Robbie Williams was actually the best by a mile and I'm really not a fan. :D

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    It wasnt a 'the who' reunion... they play often and were superb

Agree about that prick McCartney though

Also agree about robbie... again i dont really like him but as i said before... hes agreat entertainer...

Thought velvet revolver were good but didnt fit in with the line up... Keane thought were rubbish... Razorlight, coldplay, scissor sisters, phonics and even madge and snoop were all good

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    It wasnt a 'the who' reunion... they play often and were superb
    Never said it was ;)

Agree about that prick McCartney though

Also agree about robbie... again i dont really like him but as i said before... hes agreat entertainer...

Thought velvet revolver were good but didnt fit in with the line up... Keane thought were rubbish... Razorlight, coldplay, scissor sisters, phonics and even madge and snoop were all good
    I guess it depends if you like Keane or not, they pulled it off pretty well I think and Razorlight were quite good. Not a fan of any of the others though. Just too bad it couldn't have been a more current concert.

And why didn't we get Kaiser Chiefs for the UK one, and what's wrong with Kings of Leon. Hell a Def Leppard appearance at the UK one would have be awesome. :D

I missed VR with my girlfriend nagging on the phone :wallbang:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)