Live Aid 2! (3 Viewers)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Pink Floyd wouldn't release new stuff. They'd play some classics, like "Breathe" and "Comfortably Numb", and it would sound just about perfect because David Gilmoure is one of the best guitar players/vocalists of all time, along with Roger Waters as a decent bass player/vocalist.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Tom

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #22
    Confirmed. July the second, Hyde park London

Only way to get tickets is to send a text message.. there will be a "text message lottery" on June 6 :)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    List of confirmed acts so far :

London - Hyde Park

Mariah Carey
    Coldplay
    Dido
    Keane
    Elton John
    Annie Lennox
    Paul McCartney
    Muse
    Razorlight
    REM
    Madonna
    Scissor Sisters
    Snoop Dogg
    Stereophonics
    Sting
    Joss Stone
    Robbie Williams
    U2
    Velvet Revolver
    Bob Geldof
    The Killers
    The Cure

Philadelphia Museum of Art

Will Smith - hosting
    Bon Jovi
    Maroon 5
    Dave Matthews Band
    Jay-Z
    P Diddy
    Rob Thomas
    Keith Urban
    Kaiser Chiefs
    Stevie Wonder
    Il Divo
    Sarah McLachlan
    50 Cent

Berlin - near Brandenberg Gate

A-HA
    Crosby Stills & Nash
    Brian Wilson
    Lauryn Hill
    Bap
    Die Toten Hosen
    Peter Maffay

Paris

Jamiroquai
    Placebo
    Youssou N'Dour
    Andrea Bocelli
    Craig David
    Calo Gero
    Axelle Red
    Kyo
    Johnny Halliday
    Renaud
    Yannick Noah
    Manu Cho

Rome - Circus Maximus

Faith Hill
    Tim McGraw
    Duran Duran
    Irene Grandi
    Jovanotti
    Nek
    Laura Pausini
    Vasco Rossi
    Zucchero

Sep 14, 2003
    More from yahoo:

"Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world," said Gilmour.

"Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if reforming for this concert will help focus attention then it's got to be worthwhile."

The band released their first album "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" in 1967 and broke records with 1973's "The Dark Side Of The Moon", which remained in the American album charts for more than a decade.

In the 1980s relations between Waters and the rest of the group soured, with Waters suing over the rights to the Pink Floyd name.

Gilmore, Mason and Wright continued to record and tour as Pink Floyd, releasing their last studio album "The Division Bell" in 1994.

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #28
    funny, thats probably the one artist on there I don't want to see!

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    funny, thats probably the one artist on there I don't want to see!
    Well, considering that youre gonna attend the one in England, Id rather see U2, Madonna, Coldplay, etc. than 50 Cent. But I was looking at the Philadelphia one because thats the one I could go to

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    London - Hyde Park

Mariah Carey - shit
    Coldplay - shit
    Dido - shit
    Keane - shit
    Elton John - oh please
    Annie Lennox - please..
    Paul McCartney - go away
    Muse
    Razorlight
    REM - Sweet :D
    Madonna - go away
    Scissor Sisters - go away
    Snoop Dogg - go away
    Stereophonics - go away
    Sting - go away
    Joss Stone - go away
    Robbie Williams - shit
    U2
    Velvet Revolver
    Bob Geldof - Yeah play I dont like Mondays, then go away.
    The Killers Sweet :D
    The Cure - Hmm
    Woah 4 good bands. Yippie. Lets go hang out with chavs, old people and underage girls and listen to a great deal of shit music.

Or else:
    Let's go with the goths and grebs (btw that IS rock) and listen to proper rock bands, get reallllly fvcking high and drink and if you want, pull tons of girls :D
    This is a rock concert, not some charity gig. It is a nice gig and for a good cause, but they dont compare:

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #34
    ++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++

Woah 4 good bands. Yippie. Lets go hang out with chavs, old people and underage girls and listen to a great deal of shit music.

Or else:
    Let's go with the goths and grebs (btw that IS rock) and listen to proper rock bands, get reallllly fvcking high and drink and if you want, pull tons of girls :D
    This is a rock concert, not some charity gig. It is a nice gig and for a good cause, but they dont compare:

4 good bands is a bit harsh, in fact more than a bit harsh, but i can see I'm on to a losing battle convincing you otherwise, in fact you remind me a lot of my sister who listens to crap like your list..

"Proper" rock bands are ones that make noise rather than music I gather.
    And you can get high/drunk anywhere, though without the pulling girls with a million and one nails stapled through their noses.

A bit stereotyped but thats how I see it :D

tori amos rules though.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++

Or else:
    Whilst i agree that the reading line up is way better than live 8... to say there are only 4 good bands is somewhat harsh and to dismiss the phonics is jus plain criminal

The turn out jus reflects todays attitude to life... Pay them and you get a great line up... Ask it for free and this is about as good as it gets

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    What city is the forthcoming G8 summit being held near this July?

A) Berlin B) Moscow C) Edinburgh

I get that one meeting is held in gleneagles. Is that in Edinburgh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)