Live Aid 2! (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
OK so there's nothing concrete as yet.. but WOW things are hotting up for this, can't wait till tickets are on sale!!

LIVE AID 2 IN THE PIPELINE May 17 2005

BOB Geldof has secretly clinched a deal with the BBC to screen a second Live Aid concert.

The spectacular concert in London and Washington, just days before the G8 summit in Scotland, has been dubbed Live 8.

Geldof, who joined with Midge Ure more than 20 years ago to bring the message of starving Africa to the world through music, is calling up the biggest rock stars once again. The Rolling Stones, U2, The Who, Robbie Williams, Coldplay, Oasis, Sir Paul McCartney and Sir Elton John are finding ways to perform.

Scissor Sisters, Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, Eminem, Joss Stone and the Red Hot Chili Peppers are determined to be in the massive show on July 2. Up to 100,000fans will pack into Hyde Park, with 100,000 more in Washington when the London gig ends.

There will be a world TV audience of hundreds of millions for the event designed to put pressure on leaders of the world's richest countries who meet at Gleneagles four days later to step up efforts to beat poverty.

Geldof is denying he is calling up old pals again but he is quietly masterminding the show with film maker Richard Curtis - who was behind Comic Relief - and top promoter Harvey Goldsmith.

A source said: "Every act in Britain is backing Live 8. Everyone in the industry is 100 per cent behind it and we are moving Heaven and Earth to get our artists there

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Tom

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #3
    I don't care anymore. If its July 2 its the same day as my driving test anyway :rolleyes:

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
    I heard a rumour that Pink Floyd, inc Roger Waters, were going to re-group to perform. Don't do it!
    :eek:

A regrouping rumour has been around for about six months now but Nick Mason denied it. It's possible that they would re-unite like they did in the PULSE tour with all members except Waters. Gilmour and Waters really don't seem to get along so I find this rumour very unlikely.
    If they were to comeback I don't think they would do it for a thing like Live-Aid. They would do it for the real Floydians, partly as the people at Live Aid wouldn't appreciate the music.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Why is it that the musical lineup for Live Aid 2 looks curiously a lot like Live Aid 1 some 20 years ago?

Are some music producers really that stuck in the 80s?

Man, break out the leg warmers...

Sep 14, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

:eek:

A regrouping rumour has been around for about six months now but Nick Mason denied it. It's possible that they would re-unite like they did in the PULSE tour with all members except Waters. Gilmour and Waters really don't seem to get along so I find this rumour very unlikely.
    If they were to comeback I don't think they would do it for a thing like Live-Aid. They would do it for the real Floydians, partly as the people at Live Aid wouldn't appreciate the music.
    Yeah, Waters and Gilmour are still a little cold toward each other as far as I know, though they were supposed to be on friendlier terms than when they parted. About their possible reunion, well stranger things have happened, but it's unlikely.

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #18
    That's too bad. Good luck in your test!
    Cheers buddy!

Live 8 was confirmed last night btw at the Ivor Novello awards - by Bob Geldof and midge ure. Its confirmed to coincide with the G8 summit which would seem to agree with the July 2 date.

Max

Jul 15, 2003

Yeah, Waters and Gilmour are still a little cold toward each other as far as I know, though they were supposed to be on friendlier terms than when they parted. About their possible reunion, well stranger things have happened, but it's unlikely.
    If Pink Floyd reunited, I would be the happiest man alive.

PLEASE OH PLEASE, REUNITE!

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I can't think of a single band reunion that wasn't a disappointment to at least some degree. When you pair up people years later, it's never the same again... even if it's the same people. Past is past.

And when reunited band members perform, they are either playing a self-parody at best, or attempting to create new music (which often sounds mostly like recycled, second rate copies of old music) that is wholly irrelevant to the current day at worst.

Of course, the above is true for just about every Grammy Award winner... :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)