Live Aid 2! (2 Viewers)

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

People are very unfair to Pink Floyd here. I loved the show, the intros to Wish you were here and Breathe were just fantastic. There were mainly technical reason that the gig didn't reach the heights of the previous concerts in 1994. Pink Floyd has a very complex sound that must be almost impossible to do justice live. Still they have the best sound quality on their live shows than anything I've heard before. This time they didn't have time to sound check properly, something they must do for hours before a normal show. Many songs suffered from this, especially the solo in Comfortably numb. The best solo ever didn't get the power it deserves and requires when the sound was so bad. If you listen to the show again and listen very hard to every note you'll see that these guys made a fantastic show.
Was it just me who loved the new was Gilmour played the solo in Wish you were here? :)
Zamrotta,can you please list all of the songs they singed @ G8,I am looking one of them,but not sure..could be "amused to death" but not very sure

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
Sure

In order:

1. Breathe (plus the last verse of "Time", which actually is a reprise of Breathe. Well, you'll understand if you listen to both of the songs :) )

2. Money

3. Wish you were here

4. Comfortably numb

Amused to death is Roger Waters own solo work so that couldn't be the song you're looking for.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
I guess it was comfortably numb,since it was the last song they singed, it was great performance :touched:
but as i remember he was singing like "doctor, doctor" etc.. wasn't that roger's amused to death? maybe I am mixing, it was 3 am or smtng,and I was half sleep :D

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
They could have picked just about anything from their repertoir and I'd love it.
I think they had a really good setlist. It was pretty brave to open with Breathe, not a song that's known to the big mass. But definetly one of the most beautiful, like Max said that Hawaiian lap steel guitar is just wonderful.
Money is a classic and a rather catchy song. A song they just had to put there I guess.
Wish you were here is one of the most emotional songs there is. It's about the "death" of their previous member Syd Barrett, and in this case it could also apply to all the people who have died as a consequense of poverty. It had to be there as well.
Comfortably numb has a wonderful solo but they have better songs. So I guess that one could have been left out.
I would have loved to hear "Us and them". It would hae been perfect here. And it felt like something was missing when Money didn't continue with that song.
I've never really been a fan of "Another brick in the wall". Maybe it's just a reaction to that it is the song that most people like, but I'd pick at least 15 songs over it. "High hopes" is cool but I don't think that the "newbies" would appreciate it and besides it was done after Roger Waters left.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++
I guess it was comfortably numb,since it was the last song they singed, it was great performance :touched:
but as i remember he was singing like "doctor, doctor" etc.. wasn't that roger's amused to death? maybe I am mixing, it was 3 am or smtng,and I was half sleep :D
Actually, Comfortably numb is about how Roger got pain killers just before a concert and how he couldn't play because his arms were paralysed, and he felt comfortably numb. :D

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
They could have picked just about anything from their repertoir and I'd love it.
I think they had a really good setlist. It was pretty brave to open with Breathe, not a song that's known to the big mass. But definetly one of the most beautiful, like Max said that Hawaiian lap steel guitar is just wonderful.
Money is a classic and a rather catchy song. A song they just had to put there I guess.
Wish you were here is one of the most emotional songs there is. It's about the "death" of their previous member Syd Barrett, and in this case it could also apply to all the people who have died as a consequense of poverty. It had to be there as well.
Comfortably numb has a wonderful solo but they have better songs. So I guess that one could have been left out.
I would have loved to hear "Us and them". It would hae been perfect here. And it felt like something was missing when Money didn't continue with that song.
I've never really been a fan of "Another brick in the wall". Maybe it's just a reaction to that it is the song that most people like, but I'd pick at least 15 songs over it. "High hopes" is cool but I don't think that the "newbies" would appreciate it and besides it was done after Roger Waters left.
in other words,you could say "totally disagree with you" :frown:

kidding :D

I didn't know high hopes was done after roger left,I tought he was singing when I listened,I have a lot to learn about them :)

OP
Tom

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #115
    thats alright my boy. I'll assume the cheque is in the post :D

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #118
    I'm just protecting this website from any harm - its for the best if we're not seen to be endorsing programs like that.

And I know it says its "100% legal" but i don't see how it can be - its not really any different to any of the others that have been prosecuted.

/usr/bin

Excellent
    Mar 6, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    I'm just protecting this website from any harm - its for the best if we're not seen to be endorsing programs like that.

And I know it says its "100% legal" but i don't see how it can be - its not really any different to any of the others that have been prosecuted.
    It is only meant for sharing freeware and legal files..(all of them are; that's how they're legal).. It's all in how it is used.. Even a shampoo bottle can be used to kill someone, but is it illegal? :D

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #120
    Not sure i buy that argument but what th hey, i'll take your word for it.. I'll use it anyway :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)