Lippi, a case for the prosecution and defence (1 Viewer)

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
Not to defend Lippi cuz I want him to go...but why everyboy is so shocked at Legrottaglie playing in the mid...Tudor plays there too and nobody says nothin and I would like to remind you that Legro was midfielder turned in to a defender and not viceversa...

but yeah Lippi needs to go. There is a time when you have to realize that your time came to an end, and there si no better time that now. He won a lot with us and he should leave like a winner not like a loser that didn't know that his time has expire.

Del Neri the way to go to restructurize Juve.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
The Jury:

Lippi has done a great job with juve, but we think that since many team members should be changed soon anyways, it's also high time that the coach should be changed to start a new era and page in the Juve history books.

Judge:
All Rise....

Marcello Lippi, I herby sentance you to find a new job. On behalf of Juventus, Thank you for your services and the success you've brought to the club. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
The Jury:

Lippi has done a great job with juve, but we think that since many team members should be changed soon anyways, it's also high time that the coach should be changed to start a new era and page in the Juve history books.

Judge:
All Rise....

Marcello Lippi, I herby sentance you to find a new job. On behalf of Juventus , Thank you for your services and the success you've brought to the club. Good luck in your future endeavors.
"On behalf of Juventuz"

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
deschamps is staying at monaco.....and i can understand why. del neri for juve :thumb: (altho i'm not sure how he'd cope in a big club)

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #28
    ++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++

denco, disagree with your assessment of the 96/97 final. We were all over them in the first quarter but just couldn't score. They, on the other hand, scored 2 with Riedle in identical fashion and closed shop in a tactically perfect game. Ricken's goal right after he came on summed up the story of the night. The irony was the defeat against so many former Juve greats such as Kohler, Sousa (he had a lot of satisfaction, I'd imagine) and to a lesser extent, Moeller.
    Yes we were all over them in the first quarter but thats my point thiugh we were the better side in every department except one, and thats in decision making on the day by both managers. I saw highlites of the game recently and it didn't not occur to me until that day that we started with Porrini, Ferrara, Montero and Iuliano all at the same time, now thats very incredible as we noteven playing a 3 man defence, we were playing with a back 4 and to this day , I am not sure which of Iuliano and Montero was playing left back. Okay we were not helped with Di Livio pioneering the Keiron Dyer play of how not to guard your post during a corner or free kick but other than that , the substitutions left us exposed as the commentators could not make out whom , Dp came on for, they thought it was Vieri, then they thought it was Di livio, then they thot it was Jugovic but it was Porrini. To be fair though it was probably my lowest point as a juve supporter as that defeat annoyed me more than anyother. That squad deserved to be Euro champs not to be changed so dramatically with the likes of Boksic, Vieri and Jugovic making way for Inzaghi and Fonseca

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #29
    ++ [ originally posted by Sparty ] ++
    Not to defend Lippi cuz I want him to go...but why everyboy is so shocked at Legrottaglie playing in the mid...Tudor plays there too and nobody says nothin and I would like to remind you that Legro was midfielder turned in to a defender and not viceversa...

but yeah Lippi needs to go. There is a time when you have to realize that your time came to an end, and there si no better time that now. He won a lot with us and he should leave like a winner not like a loser that didn't know that his time has expire.

Del Neri the way to go to restructurize Juve.
    Well the person who converted Leggro to defender did a good job and Tudor is never a defender except in Lippi's eyes

But the real reason I am replying to your post is your Del Neri comment, I personally feel have a very different view of how I see Del Neri, I do not feel he is revolutionary at all, I feel he is a very cynical and a very negative manager. I think way too many ppl are judging him by his first season in SerieA in which they were like a breath of fresh air as they had nothing to lose and noone knew them so they playesd a high powered atacking down the flanks and lots of crosses to Corradi and Marrazina . But all the while the very cynical guy kept saying that his primary objective was not to get relegated even if they could still qualify for cl with 5 games to go. Thenext season ppl knew them a bit and their play was not really as good

But its this season which has proved to me how cynical and negative his footballl is, if you do not know or have not seen them, away from home , Chievo play with 8 men behind the ball and leave 1 striker up front, they hardly attack and are just geared into not getting beaten.

Some would say he has unearthed players, yes, he had no choice, Chievo have no money so he has to try youngsters and thereby unleashing both gems and duds, not the same in Juve where u are given money to buy stars or superstars so unearthing talents is harder as u take the easier option of just going out to buy.

I for one would prefer lippi anyday to this modern day Sacchi

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

But the real reason I am replying to your post is your Del Neri comment, I personally feel have a very different view of how I see Del Neri, I do not feel he is revolutionary at all, I feel he is a very cynical and a very negative manager.
    Honestly I don't know where do u see his negative football... I mean Lippi with all the quality players that has wasn't even able to win Milan at home while Del Neri almost beat Milan at theirs and playing much better than Milan and not defending exaclty...so if that for u is cyinical and negative football then I am all that and more... I would like to see all the so called good coaches what would they do with Chievo palyers and see how many would get them almost in CL and in a Uefa spot like Del Neri did...

I think way too many ppl are judging him by his first season in SerieA in which they were like a breath of fresh air as they had nothing to lose and noone knew them so they playesd a high powered atacking down the flanks and lots of crosses to Corradi and Marrazina .[/QUOTE

They still have nothing to lose...

But all the while the very cynical guy kept saying that his primary objective was not to get relegated even if they could still qualify for cl with 5 games to go. Thenext season ppl knew them a bit and their play was not really as good.
    Duh of course he said that is always good to keep the feet on the ground that is a way to concentrate players...Lippi does that all the time...

But its this season which has proved to me how cynical and negative his footballl is, if you do not know or have not seen them, away from home , Chievo play with 8 men behind the ball and leave 1 striker up front, they hardly attack and are just geared into not getting beaten.
    Don't know if you are watching Chievo...

Some would say he has unearthed players, yes, he had no choice, Chievo have no money so he has to try youngsters and thereby unleashing both gems and duds, not the same in Juve where u are given money to buy stars or superstars so unearthing talents is harder as u take the easier option of just going out to buy.

I for one would prefer lippi anyday to this modern day Sacchi
    I would like to remind u Denco that the 2nd season Del Neri didn't have Manfredini,Corradi,Marazzina and Luciano which were the basis of his game (which by the way proved not to be incredible players, but under Del Neri they looked incredible that is something that u have to give to Del Neri and his tattics).

This season Del Neri his still managing Chievo to be on the middle table dispalying a good football style with players that are 2nd division material.

Lippi started like this and then turned out to be a great coach.

Aug 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    The Jury:

Judge:
    All Rise....

Marcello Lippi, I herby sentance you to find a new job. On behalf of Juventus, Thank you for your services and the success you've brought to the club. Good luck in your future endeavors.
    this actually made me feel sad :down:

I like prandelli this season though :)

Len

Feb 13, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    for what? lippi looks like he doesnt give a shit about the team
    He's given sooo much to our team! Give him a chance, he is one of the best coaches in the World. I'd be sad to see him leave for Del Neri :down:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    A case for the defence:

I dont agree with the people who say that Lippi must go becoz of the lack of ideas injected in the team. The first post in this thread presented a balanced analogy of what he has and hasnt done with his time at Juve. But i dont thin CL final losses can come down to the coach. Its a team effort to get to a final, and it remains that way when the final match of the tournament is done with. So even if Lippi has won just 1 of 4 final appearances, i wudnt put that down his name alone in the blame game. As for ideas, i think all of us have jumped to the conclusion that this era is over. When we've had a decent season by many team's standards. Cl we made the knockout phase. We're coming 3rd in the league and still with a good chance to come 2nd. And we're in the coppa italia final. Its not all that bad according to me. Its just that we need some new blood in some sections of the field, defense to be more specific. And we'l be fine. There is no such proven theory that shows a coach gets so static with ideas that he contributes to a team's stagnation in the long run. Infact if anything, i see Lippi trying out new things with the team, rather than sticking with formations hes tried in the past. When Tudor worked in midfield everyone said its a master stroke, now all that praise seems to have fizzled out, becoz we arent in the reckoning for the CL. Im sorry but just look at Real Madrid. They had a weaker team under Del bosque than they did under Quieroz. And Perez felt he needed new ideas in the team....look at their performances. Where do they stand now? The madrid fans are unhappy, and are callg for Queiroz's head. Comparitively, Juve have had a lean season. But hell, Lippi deserves a better treatment that our patience can give. Look at Man U. Theyre almost as bad as us this season, but i dont see anyone callg for Fergusson's head. Look at Arsenal...so many seasons of dissapointment, everybody still believed in him, and look at them today. One bad season doesnt write a team's future. Look at our past, we're too successful to carry on like this. We'll recover, and we dont need Lippi to go. He brings us stability and that is why we can continuie believing and have faith in the system. We just need to keep our heads cool, and we'll be back to what we do best when Lippi sits down at the end of the season and realises the mistakes he made, and comes back next season with the kind of ideas that have won his Juve trophies in the past.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)