Libya 2011 Demonstrations (3 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Today, i went and cast my vote in the first free and honest elections in Libya's history. Proud of my country, never thought i'd live to see the day :touched:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Preliminary results of the Libyan elections show that an overwhelming victory is pending for the National Forces Alliance (NFA) headed by the liberal US educated academic, Mahmud Jibril. Looks like Libya is breaking the trend of Islamists winning in North Africa unfortunately. I mean, I expected Jibril's party might win, but i thought the Justice and Construction Party would be close. In most cities, the NFA has more than triple the votes of the Islamist party. Absolutely unbelievable stuff.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Preliminary results of the Libyan elections show that an overwhelming victory is pending for the National Forces Alliance (NFA) headed by the liberal US educated academic, Mahmud Jibril. Looks like Libya is breaking the trend of Islamists winning in North Africa unfortunately. I mean, I expected Jibril's party might win, but i thought the Justice and Construction Party would be close. In most cities, the NFA has more than triple the votes of the Islamist party. Absolutely unbelievable stuff.
glad people chose properly!!! :tup: indeed this is great bro :beer:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I don't know if you understood me properly, but personally this was not the outcome i was hoping for. :p

That being said, i'm more happy that we had a fair and honest election process, and respect what the people choose.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
I don't know if you understood me properly, but personally this was not the outcome i was hoping for. :p

That being said, i'm more happy that we had a fair and honest election process, and respect what the people choose.
Freddy maybe you are not understanding Bisco properly
:agree:

what i mean fred is i'm glad people opened there eyes and seen past all the disgraceful use of religious slogans and promises in aims to clinch power and never let go. if egypt is anything to go with, the islamists are soooooooooo greedy its not even funny and the cool part is they r on the verge of loosing everything including the support of the very people who brought them to power. sth they seem to have forgotten is the only reason they won the presidential elections is the simple fact egyptains chose there candidate instead of ex mubarack prime minister only not bec they believe in there BS programs, or backward ideology which on paper seems like they preach cores of islam but in truth they them selves dont obey to begin with.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Sorry if you've already answered this question Fred... but is this true?

1. There is no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free for all its citizens.
2. There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at zero percent interest by law.
3. Having a home considered a human right in Libya.
4. All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 dinar (U.S.$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.
5. Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25 percent of Libyans were literate. Today, the figure is 83 percent.
6. Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kickstart their farms are all for free.
7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need, the government funds them to go abroad, for it is not only paid for, but they get a U.S.$2,300/month for accommodation and car allowance.
8. If a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidizes 50 percent of the price.
9. The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter.
10. Libya has no external debt and its reserves amounting to $150 billion are now frozen globally.
11. If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession, as if he or she is employed, until employment is found.
12. A portion of every Libyan oil sale is credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.
13. A mother who gives birth to a child receive U.S.$5,000.
14. 40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $0.15.
15. 25 percent of Libyans have a university degree.
16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Manmade River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
to answer your question with another Q - If even 1/4 of the above was true, do you honestly think there would have been a single soul in Libya to want Ghaddafi out let alone killed like a dog?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
My answer is this: :lol:

9, 14 and 15(our universities are shit, and mostly teach Gedaffi propaganda, so i would still question the value of those university degrees) are true though. 5 is true as well, but no thanks to Gedaffi, before the discovery of oil we were one of the poorest countries in the world.

the rest is just laughable really, and to echo AC Milan's statement, if these things were true, no way would Libyans have rised against him, and no way would he have been killed the way he was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)