Libya 2011 Demonstrations (2 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
What are you guys on about? :D

On another note, Sky News is doing a great job covering the events in Libya, much better than some Arab channels.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Several deaths today among rebels, Gedaffi forces now shelling even houses.

Rebels are still putting M'itiga military base under siege.

Mahmud Shamam the minister of media in the transitional council said that Gedaffi's speech today was traced to an area to the West on the borders with Algeria. Apparently the mad dog isn't in Tripoli.

Jdayda prison, which is used for political prisoners has been liberated by the rebels, thousands of political prisoners have been freed.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,388
    Aljazeera: Rebels say they reached the Green Area الساحة الخضراء in the middle of Tripoli

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,389
    Sky News reports that the advancing Libyan rebels are now only seven kilometres away from the centre of Tripoli and are meeting no resistance. Civilians from the capital are pouring out of their homes to welcome the convoy.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I am watching Sky News right now, civilians are in a state of absolute joy!! The atmosphere is absolutely amazing, i am in tears, i have to admit, i never thought i'd live to see this day, history is in the making right here. Alex Crawford the Sky News correspondent herself is unable to describe the feelings of absolute joy!!

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    this is superb!!!!! i'm extremely happy they finally got into tripoli and now there is breaking news they captured saif el-islam!! come on 8 km to go and hopefully thats the end of the prick called ghadaffi and an end for all the shelling of civilian houses. congrats freddy!!!!! :tup:

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,398
    The head of Libya's National Transitional Council tells Al Jazeera that Gaddafi's son Saif al-Islam has been captured

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
    apparently all he is saying is accusations to nato for helping the rebels, and if it was;nt for nato the rebels would'nt have had this, but so far he has'nt admitted that the rebels are in and is saying that he is calling on the world to stop the desruction of the beautiful city of tropli. he is also using the same old bs that nato wants to enforce a govenment that follows its wishes with out regard to libyans. basically the same old shit over and over. he is also speaking of thousand and thousands ready to die for tripoli

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)