Libya 2011 Demonstrations (14 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Well you have to realize that Delrey and Dooze aren't really looking at the situation from your viewpoint. They are Serbs and they (rightfully so) have a fairly negative opinion of NATO and democracy in general. If I were you I wouldn't really worry about the things others say regarding the situation whether they be me, Andy, Kyle, Delrey, Dooze, whoever. The important thing is that you maintain YOUR perspective.
Ya, its like the struggle i have with Iraqi's over here. Arguments, never end, because they have a negative outlook on Western intervention. People should stop comparing us to Iraq, Afghanistan, Serbia and the rest of those countries though. You are one of the few people who actually understand my perspective here, as you pointed out before, in general i am very anti western intervention. But in those terrible 3 weeks where thousands of Libyans died after they were being bombed day in day out by Gedaffi's planes, war ships, grad missiles, tanks etc, me and millions of Libyans were feeling helpless, the rebels did take over a few weapon storages, but they got only light weapons mostly. How are we supposed to fight Gedaffi like that? ten thousand Libyans died before coalition forces intervened, if there is any solution other than Western intervention, then i'd be glad to hear it. But until now, you get people criticizing western intervention, but not really offering any alternative solutions.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He must be joking. No way someone would think that now that the rebels only have Tripoli left on their objective list to announce the new Libya, a democratic one for a change where a Libyan will have rights and will be treated according, not get stepped on whenever the sole retard wishes to.
I'm not sure Delrey knows that we already have all of the Western Mountains barring Gheryan. We have Misrata as well, Zliten and Zawiya are fighting Gedaffi's forces everyday and hopefully will be helped by Misrata and Western Mountain rebels very soon. Most of the Western coast is in the hands of the rebels now. Zawiya, Tripoli and Sirt are all thats left on the Western coast that are not free yet. All this was done by Western Rebels, so i don't understand what separation Delrey is talking about?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Lieutenant Pilot Ali el Obeidy died in combat today. Lieutenant Ali's story is one of the most famous defection stories. He defected in the first days of the revolution, he was working in M'tiga Military Base in Tripoli, when he refused to take part of the air bombardment of protesters in Tripoli, he was ordered dead. He expected that of course, so he ran away and went for Misrata. He couldn't go by car because he would be caught in one of the security checkpoints so he went on foot, it took him 15 days to reach Misrata. A true hero

Allah yar7amak ya 3amy Ali!

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Webster Tarpley report. His opinion on this situation is almost identical as mine.

He has a point when talking about Obama and the US administration. He has a point when talking about the possibility of on the ground intervention which nobody wants. But he kills all his credibility by not saying a word about Gedaffi's agression prior to NATO's intervention, when he failed to say anything about the use of anti aircraft weaponry against protesters in Benghazi in the first few days, when he fails to say anything about the bombing of protesters in Tripoli, when he fails to say anything about the 12k people that have died as a result of Gedaffi forces. I'm sorry, this guy proved that just like you delrey, you guys have nothing at stake in this whole conflict other than your apparent dislike for Western governments and for NATO. Dislike that is completely justified imo, and that i usually share. But its affecting both of your judgements on the situation. You guys don't care about the Libyan people or Gedaffi, neither means anything to you. Your interest in this conflict is purely because of Nato and Western governments intervention. I'd like to see you deny that.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
12k is not an overstatement. It is a massive understatement, reports say they are much more.

This is from the first days of the revolution. These are the martyrs that died in front of the infamous Fatheel Bo Omar military base in Benghazi. Please show me which of those are with Al Qaeda

WARNING: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC MATERIAL

You very obviously don't know what you're talking about. Gedaffi used to use the Al Qaeda excuse when he wanted to try and get the West on his side. Its telling that he never used the Al Qaeda excuse as soon as he lost hope with the West and they started bombing his sorry arse. You were probably pro massacres in Bosnia, so i'm not surprised that you're pro massacres in Libya as well.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
How about this girl, Malak el Shamy DelRey. Her house in Misrata was hit by a Grad missile, she lost her leg and she lost two of her brothers. Which radical islamist militant group is she part of?

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,293
    I heard the idiot has ordered to close all the mosques in the capital. Is that true?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Yes it is true.
    The Friday prayer is to be prayed in el sa7a el 5athra, after that they're supposed to go on a pro Gedaffi solidarity march. Sheikh Sadeg el Gheryani who is one of the most prominent muslim scholars in Libya, he's in hiding somewhere in Tripoli, he made a video that was put on facebook and youtube and in it he gave people a fatwa that they are allowed in this case to not go and pray the Friday prayer.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    The Rebels reach Brega, battles are now ongoing. This is big news, after stalemate for months in the East, the rebels are finally making a breakthrough.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    The rebels officially have Brega. :tup:

US, UK and Australia officially recognize the transitional national council as the sole legitimate representative of the Libyan people

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    The first political party has been declared in Libya. The party is called "The New Libyan Party" and was founded by a Libyan expatriate, Ramadan Ben Amer whose a petrochemical engineer living in the UAE and was educated in California. The party already has 2,000 members and has wide support from the Libyan diaspora, especially in the US, UK and Australia. The party envisions Libya as a federal democracy ala the United States, he wants cancellation of all taxes. The party also wants a complete reform of the oil and alternative energy sector. The party also encourages the participation of women and youth in society, aims to protect minorities and wishes to end the role of tribes in political life as they are a social entity and should not be treated as a political one. Ramadan also argues that while Libya is 99% muslim country, it should be a secular state.

In the next few weeks it is expected that a few other parties will be established.

I never thought the day would come when we'd have elections, political parties, freedom of speech :touched:

Jul 1, 2010
    The first political party has been declared in Libya. The party is called "The New Libyan Party" and was founded by a Libyan expatriate, Ramadan Ben Amer whose a petrochemical engineer living in the UAE and was educated in California. The party already has 2,000 members and has wide support from the Libyan diaspora, especially in the US, UK and Australia. The party envisions Libya as a federal democracy ala the United States, he wants cancellation of all taxes. The party also wants a complete reform of the oil and alternative energy sector. The party also encourages the participation of women and youth in society, aims to protect minorities and wishes to end the role of tribes in political life as they are a social entity and should not be treated as a political one. Ramadan also argues that while Libya is 99% muslim country, it should be a secular state.

In the next few weeks it is expected that a few other parties will be established.

I never thought the day would come when we'd have elections, political parties, freedom of speech :touched:
    Good news :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)