Libya 2011 Demonstrations (38 Viewers)

delrey

Jan 5, 2009
I've been saying that a couple of months ago to our Egyptian members. They were sure I'm wrong... and hell, I hope I was. But democracy is made to make your country a debt slave, and to become a puppet. It will only get worse, and yes, it can always be worse.
Of course. When we enter EU. That would be full scale of slavnes. Than, they gonna control what we eat, what we are buying, where we shiting.
Remember what Šešelj was saying back in 90'. That situation is critical and better listen to him or else we are gonna become slaves.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I would love to see Libyans live better, but i doubt that will happen. 11 years past since 5th October "revolution", in here and its worse than ever. Our currency lost its value. NATO dont alow us to instal again our radars. They blocked us from buying s-300, as well as other surface to air missiles. Etc, etc. We are practicly slaves.
And that's democracy. If you like it, go for it.
Its a big risk, but a risk you have to take man. We were already semi slaves to Gedaffi before all of this. The situation in Yugoslavia was definitely not like the situation in Libya under Gedaffi, you guys were a lot better off, Gedaffi has made Libya a living hell, and he's made hundreds of thousands of Libyans like me, have to go outside for opportunities because my country offers basically nothing. That is other than some of the massacres he's done to us, and the thousands of prisoners we have without a trial, we are second only to North Korea in terms of dictatorship. I don;t necessarily want western style democracy, but i want this criminal who has been ruling us for 42 years to get the punishment he deserves, and i want us to stop living under his stupid and silly rules.

I read it every day how they bomb civil buildings or such. Plenty of times I've seen such news, or even heard. It's not only the last time when 7(?) people died, but more.

I've been saying that a couple of months ago to our Egyptian members. They were sure I'm wrong... and hell, I hope I was. But democracy is made to make your country a debt slave, and to become a puppet. It will only get worse, and yes, it can always be worse.
Thats not true most of the time Dule. I have contacts in Tripoli and in my city Sebha, most of the time its just lies spread by Libyan State TV. If you understood Arabic i would have shown you tons of videos showing you how they blatantly lie, some of their lies are amazing. Do you know how many times they've claimed to have shot down a Nato plane as well? :D

When they do hit non military bases, they get caught out by the big channels ala CNN, Al Jazeera, BBC, Al Arabiya and the rest. Those channels immediately found out about the civilian building bombing a few days ago, NATO had no choice but to admit and apologize for it.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Thats not true most of the time Dule. I have contacts in Tripoli and in my city Sebha, most of the time its just lies spread by Libyan State TV. If you understood Arabic i would have shown you tons of videos showing you how they blatantly lie, some of their lies are amazing.
I know there are a lot of lies but I doubt you can know about everything at this point. I'm pretty sure you'll see the number after the war. Foreigner media was saying the same about Serbia, and how they are bombing military areas and other 'important' state buildings, which was far from being true. I'm not sure if number is official yet, or 100% accurate, but there were around 2000 deaths while there are more than 90k Serbs still in danger from unexploded cluster munitions and there are still 2,500 unexploded devices. And you know what? Nobody has ever apologized to those families, or to anyone for that matter... even if babies died too.

I'm afraid they lie to you too, because IMO there's a 0% of that number of civilians being at less than 10 at the moment.

Do you know how many times they've claimed to have shot down a Nato plane as well? :D
Sounds familiar... :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
15 have died as a result of the bombing of non military targets in Tripoli. 9 died, 3 days ago, and 6 died yesterday. Believe me whenever civilians really die as a result of NATO bombing, Libyan authorities will make sure to take all the foreign journalists to witness it. Until now, only 15 civilian deaths have been verified by independent journalists. If there were more, Libyan authorities would have made sure the foreign journalists saw them, no?

NATO is not doing their job properly, and they are accountable for civilian deaths, that is not acceptable. But do tell me if you have any other solution, bearing in mind that before they came in Gedaffi was killing hundreds a day.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
15 have died as a result of the bombing of non military targets in Tripoli. 9 died, 3 days ago, and 6 died yesterday. Believe me whenever civilians really die as a result of NATO bombing, Libyan authorities will make sure to take all the foreign journalists to witness it. Until now, only 15 civilian deaths have been verified by independent journalists. If there were more, Libyan authorities would have made sure the foreign journalists saw them, no?

NATO is not doing their job properly, and they are accountable for civilian deaths, that is not acceptable. But do tell me if you have any other solution, bearing in mind that before they came in Gedaffi was killing hundreds a day.
You do realize that collateral damage is always a part of bombing cities right?

No offense, Fred but I seriously doubt that no matter what type of help NATO offers you are going to do much but criticize them.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I seriously don't understand my position anymore, everybody tells me something, you guys have me confused now. You ask Delrey or Dule, they say i support NATO too much, and now you come along and say that i criticize NATO too much? :D

There are so many criticisms i do have for NATO other than those civilian deaths. Collateral damage when you target military bases is something that we accept as part and parcel of any war, but they bombed civilian targets twice in the past 4 days, that is what has shocked me? I think it is more incompetence than anything else though. Another thing that you have to criticize NATO for, is the fact that they have not helped the cities that really need help, instead of bombing Tripoli every day, why don't they help cities like Misrata where Gedaffi's army is out in the open bombing Misrata with grad missiles every day. Why don't they help the cities in the Western mountains that have been fighting every day with G forces for over 2 months now? There is a lot of evidence that supports the theory that NATO are prolonging this conflict purposefully. Unfortunately though, its not like we have much choice. The second they leave Libya, Gedaffi will immediately go back to bombing the rebel cities from the air.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
NATO's intervention in Libya was and still is a must for any democratic change in the country. This sucks, but gotta learn to live with it for now, no matter how many civilians died in their airstikes the NATO's intervention surely saved many more who could have lost their lives for nothing but living in the areas which supported the revolution. That's what this criminal regime is known for.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
NATO's intervention in Libya was and still is a must for any democratic change in the country. This sucks, but gotta learn to live with it for now, no matter how many civilians died in their airstikes the NATO's intervention surely saved many more who could have lost their lives for nothing but living in the areas which supported the revolution. That's what this criminal regime is known for.
True.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
No way man. If separation is what they wanted, they already have that, the East has been free for four months now, ever since the 22nd of February. This isn't another Serbia, the majority of Libyans are against Gedaffi, and we will not accept anything other than the whole country be free from that fucking criminal.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I seriously don't understand my position anymore, everybody tells me something, you guys have me confused now. You ask Delrey or Dule, they say i support NATO too much, and now you come along and say that i criticize NATO too much? :D

There are so many criticisms i do have for NATO other than those civilian deaths. Collateral damage when you target military bases is something that we accept as part and parcel of any war, but they bombed civilian targets twice in the past 4 days, that is what has shocked me? I think it is more incompetence than anything else though. Another thing that you have to criticize NATO for, is the fact that they have not helped the cities that really need help, instead of bombing Tripoli every day, why don't they help cities like Misrata where Gedaffi's army is out in the open bombing Misrata with grad missiles every day. Why don't they help the cities in the Western mountains that have been fighting every day with G forces for over 2 months now? There is a lot of evidence that supports the theory that NATO are prolonging this conflict purposefully. Unfortunately though, its not like we have much choice. The second they leave Libya, Gedaffi will immediately go back to bombing the rebel cities from the air.
Well you have to realize that Delrey and Dooze aren't really looking at the situation from your viewpoint. They are Serbs and they (rightfully so) have a fairly negative opinion of NATO and democracy in general. If I were you I wouldn't really worry about the things others say regarding the situation whether they be me, Andy, Kyle, Delrey, Dooze, whoever. The important thing is that you maintain YOUR perspective.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
No way man. If separation is what they wanted, they already have that, the East has been free for four months now, ever since the 22nd of February. This isn't another Serbia, the majority of Libyans are against Gedaffi, and we will not accept anything other than the whole country be free from that fucking criminal.
He must be joking. No way someone would think that now that the rebels only have Tripoli left on their objective list to announce the new Libya, a democratic one for a change where a Libyan will have rights and will be treated according, not get stepped on whenever the sole retard wishes to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)