Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
You know, traditionally we are considered the best or among the best defensive teams in Europe. Juve are widely admired for it's defense. We always have the best managers and trainers for defense.
It's an extremely low probability that these guys would fuck up, especially in a situation when we had the upper hand.

Milan's captain demanded a transfer and he wanted Juve. This put Milan in an unpleasant position. It was them who approached us. We were faced with a choice to accept a swap deal or easily tell Milan to feck off. We didn't ask for anything. Milan were the ones with a problem.
The guys I mentioned above, you know, the guys who are #1 in the world for playing defense and choosing defenders, guys who know both Bonucci and Caldara very well, decided to do the swap deal.

I apologize to the forum, but in this case I trust those guys more than I trust you folks.
You know what, you made me feel a little better to be honest.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You know, traditionally we are considered the best or among the best defensive teams in Europe. Juve are widely admired for it's defense. We always have the best managers and trainers for defense.
It's an extremely low probability that these guys would fuck up, especially in a situation when we had the upper hand.

Milan's captain demanded a transfer and he wanted Juve. This put Milan in an unpleasant position. It was them who approached us. We were faced with a choice to accept a swap deal or easily tell Milan to feck off. We didn't ask for anything. Milan were the ones with a problem.
The guys I mentioned above, you know, the guys who are #1 in the world for playing defense and choosing defenders, guys who know both Bonucci and Caldara very well, decided to do the swap deal.

I apologize to the forum, but in this case I trust those guys more than I trust you folks.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Spot on. If this deal goes through, we should see a domino effect in improving positioning, freedom and movement from some of our key players.
Signing Bonucci and Ronaldo removed the two greatest issues of this team

1) beeing pressed
2) keeping cool and scoring clutch goals in finals

This Juve is the best since we returned to serie a. I'm a bit sorry for Buffon but thats just how it is

- - - Updated - - -

Things i also completely expect :

The entire forum, their mothers, uncles, and cousins to completely forget Bonucci ever left us, the exact moment he gets his first assist to Ronaldo.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

I like your brain. :tup:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

We probably could get 45m for Caldara this summer or three summers from now, while Bonucci is worth closer to 35m now, maybe 20m next summer and close to nothing 2 summers from now. Caldara's salary at Juve probably was around 1-1.5m (although we'll never know precisely), compared to the 5.5m or whatever we're going to give Bonucci. If we didn't need to offload Higgy, no way we'd have agreed to swap Caldara for Bonucci, he was a low cost, big potential, big value long term asset and we hardly needed to upgrade Chiellini-Benatia, the same duo that the guys you're talking about deemed good enough last summer.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Should Juventus take Bonucci back?
Juventus should think twice about swapping Mattia Caldara for Leonardo Bonucci, writes Anthony Barbagallo.

While Juventus have been keeping active in this summer transfer window rebuilding a new-look side for the future, it appears a return for Leonardo Bonucci is very much in the pipeline. But is it worth Juve giving up Mattia Caldara - one of Italy’s brightest prospects - to re-sign a 31-year-old defender?

Bonucci stunned Juve before the start of last season by joining Serie A rivals AC Milan for a fee of €42 million, this left a bitter taste in the mouths of many Bianconeri. The departure came as a shock after the centre-back played a pivotal role in the core of the Juventus defence for seven years - helping win six consecutive Serie A Scudetti, three Coppa Italia titles and reaching two Champions League finals in three years.

But since the 4-1 loss to Real Madrid last year, the reported halftime bust-up in the final between Bonucci and some of his former teammates only dampened his relationship with the club. If the Old Lady is to re-sign Bonucci, the relationship between the defender, team, Coach and the club’s fans may still be fragile.

Moving to San Siro to transform Milan as Andrea Pirlo had done when moving the other way, the past season didn’t pan out how the Rossoneri captain had envisaged. Milan finished in sixth place in Serie A, crashed out to Arsenal in the Last 16 of the Europa League and ownership problems were brewing behind the scenes.

Set against that backdrop it’s not difficult to comprehend why Bonucci wants a return to Turin. The 2016 Serie A Footballer of the Year wants to be back competing on the domestic and Champions League stages and is even willing to accept a pay cut. However, the Caldara-Bonucci swap doesn’t seem to make sense from a Juventus point of view, especially the part that involves selling Caldara to a direct rival.

The Bianconeri been lauded for their wisdom when it comes to undertaking transfer business, however, this time Milan could reap the benefits from this proposed deal. Caldara is currently in better form than Bonucci, having been consistently exceptional for Atalanta over the past two seasons. The Italian youngster is tipped to be the long-term replacement for Juventus captain Giorgio Chiellini and Andrea Barzagli - that’s why the Serie A giants invested in the 24-year-old in 2017. The Bergamo-born defender has already experienced Europa League football with La Dea and is now eyeing the opportunity to ply his trade in this season’s Champions League with his new club.

A quiet achiever, the Atalanta academy product is a complete modern day centre-back most Coaches dream of having at their disposal: strong in clean tackles, good at ball interceptions and a set-piece threat in aerial situations. Why would the Bianconeri want to let go of a defender who boasts great qualities and can hone them alongside none other than veteran defender Chiellini?

The fact that Caldara played exceptionally well for a smaller Serie A club - alongside average defenders - indicates he is a capable leader and adaptable defender. However, Bonucci isn’t as versatile as most calcio fans think. The Italian international has thrived in the past BBC partnership at Juventus and the Azzurri, but this past season suggested that 31-year-old generally struggled without Chiellini and Barzagli by his side.

Bonucci returning to the reigning Serie A champions may bring immediate and short-term success, especially in the club’s quest to claim a third Champions League title. But let’s face it, both Chiellini and Barzagli are not getting any younger and will not be far off from hanging their boots up. If Bonucci moves back to Turin, who will play alongside the Italian when Chiellini and Barzagli leave? Daniele Rugani might be an option, but he too might leave sooner than expected. If this Caldara-Bonucci swap goes ahead, it will only highlight the major issue calcio currently faces - the young Italian talent being pushed aside to accommodate older players.

The safe option for the Bianconeri here would be to keep Caldara and give this talented youngster a chance to prove himself at a high calibre club like Juventus.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Let's just keep in mind that Bonucci didn't 'really' take a pay cut agreeing to this 5.5m a year. He signed a new deal with Juve only 6 months before he left for 4.5m a year. So, technically he's getting a a 1m pay rise ;)

I don't care what that stupid ex-Milan management decided to pay him.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
I wanna get this in before he signs and its a bookable offence to insult a player on here......

$#@! LEONARDO BONUCCI
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Signing Bonucci and Ronaldo removed the two greatest issues of this team

1) beeing pressed
2) keeping cool and scoring clutch goals in finals

This Juve is the best since we returned to serie a. I'm a bit sorry for Buffon but thats just how it is

- - - Updated - - -

Things i also completely expect :

The entire forum, their mothers, uncles, and cousins to completely forget Bonucci ever left us, the exact moment he gets his first assist to Ronaldo.
We sucked while being pressed even when Bonucci was around.Hell it was favourite tactic of all our opponents that trashed us.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He's the best italian defender under 28. Since they are all shit, no big feat.

People act like he's the second comming of Baresi or Scirea.
nobody said that as far as i remember. but as young, talented italians are so hard to come by, we should stick to those very few that are actually good enough for juventus.

i see that we're now praising marotta for this brilliant deal, so i'll just let it go.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
Let's just keep in mind that Bonucci didn't 'really' take a pay cut agreeing to this 5.5m a year. He signed a new deal with Juve only 6 months before he left for 4.5m a year. So, technically he's getting a a 1m pay rise ;)

I don't care what that stupid ex-Milan management decided to pay him.
He got older.Got to be captain of AC Miland and get back to best italian club with 1 mil pay rise.
Well he fucked them all and all of us.He even celebrated when he scored against Juve at juventus stadium :lol:
And he got pay rise :lol: he fucked milan and juve ...that fucking idiot ...life is un fair :lol:

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
nobody said that as far as i remember. but as young, talented italians are so hard to come by, we should stick to those very few that are actually good enough for juventus.

i see that we're now praising marotta for this brilliant deal, so i'll just let it go.
in a month or two you'll be a weirdo that was against this move

me too

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
in a month or two you'll be a weirdo that was against this move

me too
we already are :D :dule:

i'm old enough that i'm not bothered by being proven wrong, so i'd be happy to receive some shit posts and insults in case bonucci returns to his best in no time, we win the cl, and caldara fails big time for meelan. i'd be happy to do a u-turn and praise beppe for this _brilliant_deal, too. i just feel that we're doing a terrible mistake by taking back a spineless fuck that we don't need, letting an unquestionable talent go without even giving him a chance, and strengthening milan with a top striker just because we wasn't well enough prepared for the cr transfer.

:boh:

- - - Updated - - -

I think you’re due your Beppe/Agnelli conversations.
fuck yes, do it @Gagi

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
He got older.Got to be captain of AC Miland and get back to best italian club with 1 mil pay rise.
Well he fucked them all and all of us.He even celebrated when he scored against Juve at juventus stadium :lol:
And he got pay rise :lol: he fucked milan and juve ...that fucking idiot ...life is un fair :lol:
the goal that ended Buffon's clean sheet run that was on its way to beat his previous all-time record.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
You leave club like whining little bitch.Go to Milan and earn best money in you life.You finished 6th with crap season and form and asks best italian club who bought best striker in the world if they will buy you with salary of one milion more than you earned last time.
.guess what they, Juventus, satisfy your desires.
And to add ...you mock the whole stadium with "wash your mouth" gesture..and you actually are not world class CB to begin with...the guy is genius. :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)