Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Very disappointed by what I've been reading. Unless some kind of return clause is stipulated, we're getting a raw deal here. Caldara is better than Rugani in my eyes and he can be better than Bonucci in a few seasons. Bonucci was a desperate roll of the dice. We knew he sucked but had been known to have potential. Caldara is already a first choice performer in big competitions in a relatively successful team. So we are gifting Milan a star in the hope that we'll have won CL enough times to eventually buy him back for 100M.

This move tells me one thing - we are going all in for this CL. Ronaldo probably has only one or two seasons of his best in him and we need players who are ready to take advantage of that window. Is this a healthy perspective for a football club to have? Does any other club obsess over the CL in the same way we do? It feels as though not winning the CL with Ronaldo would be a monumental catastrophe. That kind of pressure can force players and staff to make mistakes and this looks like the first.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Very disappointed by what I've been reading. Unless some kind of return clause is stipulated, we're getting a raw deal here. Caldara is better than Rugani in my eyes and he can be better than Bonucci in a few seasons. Bonucci was a desperate roll of the dice. We knew he sucked but had been known to have potential. Caldara is already a first choice performer in big competitions in a relatively successful team. So we are gifting Milan a star in the hope that we'll have won CL enough times to eventually buy him back for 100M.

This move tells me one thing - we are going all in for this CL. Ronaldo probably has only one or two seasons of his best in him and we need players who are ready to take advantage of that window. Is this a healthy perspective for a football club to have? Does any other club obsess over the CL in the same way we do? It feels as though not winning the CL with Ronaldo would be a monumental catastrophe. That kind of pressure can force players and staff to make mistakes and this looks like the first.

Yeh. Make no mistake. This move is all about those long passes from Bonucci to Ronaldo. And , they will be successfull, but the guy is a liability as a defender and is on high wages, while we are gifting them a great defender for the years to come. This move is beyonf risky and on top of that Bonucci is not on good terms with the fans.

The first thing he should do is apologize sincerely for being a moron an not only leaving us, but celebrating the goal. If he needs to burn bridges, he better burn the milan ones.

He owe us an apology for his imbecile behaviour that leaded to his exit and all that followed.

And the worst is that all of that will not guarantee he will not continue with his derpy defending. We better outscore every opponent from now on.

Forgot to add. fuck Bonucci

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Yeh. Make no mistake. This move is all about those long passes from Bonucci to Ronaldo. And , they will be successfull, but the guy is a liability as a defender and is on high wages, while we are gifting them a great defender for the years to come. This move is beyonf risky and on top of that Bonucci is not on good terms with the fans.

The first thing he should do is apologize sincerely for being a moron an not only leaving us, but celebrating the goal. If he needs to burn bridges, he better burn the milan ones.

He owe us an apology for his imbecile behaviour that leaded to his exit and all that followed.

And the worst is that all of that will not guarantee he will not continue with his derpy defending. We better outscore every opponent from now on.

Forgot to add. fuck Bonucci
In recent times I've begun to feel that this "not celebrating against the ex-team" is kind of silly. The reason being that it's fake. Everyone is happy when they score a goal for their club, even if it's against your former one that you love.

I know it's about "showing respect", though, but come on. We (fans) are not that important :) And the clubs themselves can definitely deal with it; for them this is all about finances / sporting results.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Although I was never keen on the idea of exchanging anyone not named Higuain for Bonucci, I have to ask this question, and maybe there is someone here who has watched Caldara for the last 2 seasons on a regular basis.

How do we know that Caldara is better than Rugani for Juventus when the former has spent the last 2 years in a 3 man backline for Atalanta, while the latter has played 46 matches during that same span, at the same age mind you, in both a 3 man and 4 man backline?

The truth is, we don't know. Now, if the situations were reversed and Caldara was here for 2 years and THEN got sent to Milan, then I would be grabbing my pitchfork and torch with the rest of you.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
In recent times I've begun to feel that this "not celebrating against the ex-team" is kind of silly. The reason being that it's fake. Everyone is happy when they score a goal for their club, even if it's against your former one that you love.

I know it's about "showing respect", though, but come on. We (fans) are not that important :) And the clubs themselves can definitely deal with it; for them this is all about finances / sporting results.
I agree with you to an extent, but come on, the guy was frustrated against us and released all this shid on that goal. He is an idiot and he should have known how to behave. He was frustrated that he was sucking major balls and the fans were booing him rightly so.

It was all about his pride and trying to make everyone feel he was right about leaving.

In this particular case, i will not say it was a minor detail.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I agree with you to an extent, but come on, the guy was frustrated against us and released all this shid on that goal. He is an idiot and he should have known how to behave. He was frustrated that he was sucking major balls and the fans were booing him rightly so.

It was all about his pride and trying to make everyone feel he was right about leaving.

In this particular case, i will not say it was a minor detail.
That was definitely part of it. But also, he was the captain and the new focal point of the new Milan. Would be weird if he didn't celebrate, IMO.

Also, he was hungrier than ever!

And lest we forget; They Were A Team

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Even fricking Higuain had enough respect for scumbag Napoli fans (who were hanging and burning his shirt all over the town) to not celebrate the first goal against them.

Your argument only proves how little respect this rat showed to our club and fans who made him what he is.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That was definitely part of it. But also, he was the captain and the new focal point of the new Milan. Would be weird if he didn't celebrate, IMO.

Also, he was hungrier than ever!

And lest we forget; They Were A Team
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -
@DAiDEViL

Bonucci back is greatest transfer of post-calciopoli era. Even better than getting Cristiano.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
No point defending his ungrateful character, i understand defending him in pre-performance related matters but everything other than that is just plain arrogance and blind fanboyism.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Even fricking Higuain had enough respect for scumbag Napoli fans (who were hanging and burning his shirt all over the town) to not celebrate the first goal against them.

Your argument only proves how little respect this rat showed to our club and fans who made him what he is.
Yeah and Higgy was the first example I thought of in my mind actually. I'm of the opinion that it would've been cooler if he had celebrated that first goal.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
No point defending his ungrateful character, i understand defending him in performance related matters but everything other than that is just plain arrogance and blind fanboyism.
No worries man, I'm not really that emotionally invested in this topic :beer:

I just think this "don't celebrate against the ex"-thing is somewhat lame (in general), and that goes beyond any discussion about Bonucci.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yeah and Higgy was the first example I thought of in my mind actually. I'm of the opinion that it would be cooler if he had celebrated that first goal.
I think it's stupid not to celebrate. Just enjoy the goal. The type of celebration might matter of course. A celebration like Adebayor's (which was insanely funny and I'll always love him for it) is something you don't forget if you're on the receiving end. I can understand not wanting a player back after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 104)