Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Amazing how you guys still defend this guy even after all the errors that he keeps doing over and over again !

Whenever I've seen him play against any half decent attack he's been screwed and toyed with.

This situation reminds a lot of "Melo's" time here, I remember even after he clearly screws up guys here find a way to defend his errors, amazing really.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Are we exaggerating again? I think we are. Juventus haven't conceded a goal in the last 8 Serie A matches.
Luckily Barzagli and more often than not Chiellini are there to cover his ass and his occasional slip ups. Juventus not conceding 8 games can't be attributed to him. He still makes blunders every now and then, just the other day he made one against Sassuolo, but fortunately this time nothing came out of it. On another day and against more decent opponent it could. He's still defensive liability.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Bonucci isn't infallible, but the more of the ball you have, the more likely it is that you will commit an error, based solely on probability.

Not saying that we should just accept it and not complain, but it's getting stale very quick. He might make mistakes, but this year he has started doing much better on tackling and stopping players going past when one-on-one.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Amazing how you guys still defend this guy even after all the errors that he keeps doing over and over again !

Whenever I've seen him play against any half decent attack he's been screwed and toyed with.

This situation reminds a lot of "Melo's" time here, I remember even after he clearly screws up guys here find a way to defend his errors, amazing really.
Personally Bonucci's proneness to errors reminds me awfully lot of Legrotaglie when he first came here. You could have seen immediately that guy is gonna be a fuck up, major one. Lippi subbed him off on few occasions before eventually dropping him completely. Good passing abilities and our system where he gets plenty of cover while the others do real defending are keeping him alive here.

- - - Updated - - -

Chiellini is hands down our worst defender so far this season.
User name: bonBon
Right

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Bonucci isn't infallible, but the more of the ball you have, the more likely it is that you will commit an error, based solely on probability.

Not saying that we should just accept it and not complain, but it's getting stale very quick. He might make mistakes, but this year he has started doing much better on tackling and stopping players going past when one-on-one.
I have seen him succesfully tackle once in this season. I guess it's an improvement, because I haven't seen him making a succesfull tackle last season at all.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I am shocked and amazed how casually you mention his error, considering how much of a hardass analyse every last thing that players, especialy defenders do.
If Juve played the way I would want a team to play, I'd hammer Bonucci for that error against Galatasaray.

I'd happily see my defenders smash balls like that safely out of play every time.

But that's not how Juve play.

If they are going to insist on always trying to retain possession and play around at the back, there is inevitably going to be the odd costly error.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Funnily enough that is part of their job. As defenders who are mostly tasked with defending, those guys coming across to defend the central area is a staple for them.
And that is why I attribute 8 games with a clean sheet to those two and Buffon of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)