Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
For a guy who plays as a central defender there is no 'certainly' about that, just your opinion.
My opinion is backed by blunders he made over the last few months and lack of adequate defensive contribution on other occasions. Out of those 8 games at least in 4 or 5 of them he made errors that could have led to a goal if it weren't for the mentioned trio, hence why I suggested those three as players who contributed the most.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
If Juve played the way I would want a team to play, I'd hammer Bonucci for that error against Galatasaray.

I'd happily see my defenders smash balls like that safely out of play every time.

But that's not how Juve play.

If they are going to insist on always trying to retain possession and play around at the back, there is inevitably going to be the odd costly error.
His errors are way too frequent. Barzagli has barely made one I can remember while Chiellini, who has the worst ball-playing ability on Earth, has made far less than Bonucci.

But it's not just the errors to me. Bonucci's ability to actually defend a player with the ball is severely lacking.

And also, for everyone, Conte has used Marrone and Vidal in Bonucci's position in the past 2 years. Midfielders. Bonucci's position right now to me is closer to a midfielder than a CB. In Serie A, his job consists mostly of controlling the ball and not actually defending.

In terms of being a traditional CB in a 4 man back line, he is not even in the same stratosphere as Barzagli or Chiellini IMO.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Bonucci's defensive ability is clearly nowhere near the level of the other two, but it's not as bad as people would tend to have you believe and it is improving.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Marchisio, Bonnuci, Giovinco and DJ PDC bundle for only 85mil for a limited time only. Comes with free gnome hats, trick or treat baskets and a turntable.

Tevez10

Aug 29, 2013
Monaco Interested In Juventus Defender

Monaco are reportedly interested in signing Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci at the end of the season.

The 26-year-old, who’s current contract with the Bianconeri isn’t set to expire until 2017, has been a target of Manchester United ahead of the January transfer window, but it’s now thought that he may favour a move to the French side in June if he decides to leave Italy.

According to TuttoSport, Monaco owner Dmitry Rybolovlev is supposedly willing to pay the Italian international a salary of around €3 million per season if he chooses to sign for the club, as the Ligue 1 side’s chief is set on improving his defence after bringing in big signings over the summer, namely Radamel Falcao, to strengthen his attack.

The defender could apparently be welcomed to the club by a familiar face as well, as other circulating reports show that Rybolovlev is also set on acquiring Juventus boss Antonio Conte in the near future to eventually take over for current coach Claudio Ranieri.

Bonucci has been with the Old Lady since joining from Bari in 2010 and has scored five goals in his 111 Serie A appearances for the club thus far.
http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/12/monaco-interested-in-juventus-defender

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
this overrating of bonucci is getting a little silly.

it's not as bad as marchisio, but pretty soon juvejay and red will have you conviced that bonucci is able to read the game and see things that aren't there, like marchisio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 350)