Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The Atalanta player and former team-mate of the Italy international affirmed the defender's willingness to ensure the 2009-10 game ended in a draw
Andrea Masiello has implicated Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci in the Scommessopoli gambling scandal that continues to rock Italian football, swearing under oath that his former Bari team-mate was prepared to fix the result of the clash against Udinese two years ago.

Answering questions from judge Giovanni Abbrescia, the current Atalanta player explained how several men from the Puglia club, including Bonucci, Salvatore Masiello and Alessandro Parisi, were interested in ensuring that the match in the 2009-10 season ended in a high-scoring draw.
However, Masiello did absolve Simone Pepe from involvement, stating that the winger had no interest in influencing the score.

"I went to the training field to talk with Bonucci, Belmonte, Parisi and Salvatore Masiello and present this thing. [Businessman Nicola] Di Tullo was prepared to start betting live and a draw would have paid out for us," the public hearing heard from Masiello.

"I said to [Bonucci] that as well as other partners Di Tullio was ready to give us some money, I don't know how much. He wanted to bet on the game live if it ended in a tie. He and his team-mates were in favour, he said 'you can tell him that we are interested'.

"In the practice Pepe was called, and he was asked if he was interested or not... Later when I was in the room Belmonte came back to me, and told me 'no, Pepe told me no.'"

Bonucci has appeared 14 times for the Italian national team, scoring twice.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/06/02/3143688/masiello-bonucci-was-open-to-influencing-udinese-bari

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
WoW!!! It seems that we might have underestimated how lucrative they may become to have smth on us, guess who is our weak link again??

---------- Post added 03.06.2012 at 02:36 ----------

but but, he is a national team hero!! arent they supposed to be incorruptible??:sick:

Seriously though, they might have a case here...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Regardless of not being good enough to be our starter and was heavily overpriced.
He is our player and we have to defend him.
If there are more testimonies about his involvement, there might be a serious case upon him.
To his defence, we might ask our selves of he is a target because he is a Juve player, it is really suspicious that Rannochia isnt...

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Regardless of not being good enough to be our starter and was heavily overpriced.
He is our player and we have to defend him.
If there are more testimonies about his involvement, there might be a serious case upon him.
To his defence, we might ask our selves of he is a target because he is a Juve player, it is really suspicious that Rannochia isnt...
You had to start with that sentence. For how much did we buy Bonucci again?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
You had to start with that sentence. For how much did we buy Bonucci again?
much more than we should, we all agree to that and thats enough to make my point...

The point at hand is of greater importance atm, it has the potential to affect him, unlike the Buffon and Conte issues!

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Pepe risks too from what i read , don't know the legal term in english but i heard of "omessa denuncia" practically means failure to tell the police about it . That means even if you knew but didn't take part in it you could still risk a 3 or more months suspension which is really sad
Althrough i don't know how they will go with it because if they actually suspend even those that knew but didn't take part in the fixing , they say the list could be very long and they could be forgiven and only those who actually took part in the fixing of the match will be radiated/suspended

That said everything needs to be proved on court , even through someone says it , it doesn't mean that it is true .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 119)