• Zhirkov (CSKA Moscow)

• Rat (Shakthar Donetsk)

• Pranjic (Heerenveen)

• Pander (Shalke 04)

• Rubin (Torino)

Results are only viewable after voting.

nicogood

Jul 10, 2008
im not saying grossos brilliant. but i am saying abidal sucks.
grossos awesome at attacking and pretty crappy at defending. since molinaro is fucking terrible at defending itd be a pretty good improvement.

of course id like evra best but lets face it....

and by the way abidal is a definite starter when fit, but only cos of lack of options, its well known theyr looking for replacements

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
im not saying grossos brilliant. but i am saying abidal sucks.
as i see, many people here rate abidal pretty high... the only thing i remember from him was, when seeing him in the left wing (not playing there all the time, but doing his attacking job as left back) he looked pretty clueless what to do.
even the commentator mentioned that abidal looked pretty out of place when he tried to make something happen on the left wing.

one of the matches where this was evident was also the match against italy in the euros if i remember correct.... but i do not see him often enough to actually judge his attacking skills, but from what i have seen it was not really a danger for the opponent.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The only full back who offers just as much in attack as he does at the back is Maicon.

That's the player you all have as a role model when you look for a Grygera or Molinaro sub, but let me tell you that you won't find him.
Those who want Grosso, Danny Alves, Zhirkov or Lahm will say that Abidal or Clichy don't offer much in attack. Those who want Abidal or Clichy will say that Grosso, Alves and Lahm suck in defending, just to prove that the French Lb's are the better choice.

Since we can't buy Maicon and there isn't another Cafu or Zambrotta (the old one), we should ask ourselves what is it that we need more from the RB/LB? To attack or to defend?

Like i said few days ago, i see the back players primarly as defenders and only then i want them to help in attack.
Juve is not the team that can afford having Danny Alves, as good as he is. Barcelona has all the possession and Alves can allow himself excursions in attack, without comming back to cover (which will sooner or later cost Barca a lot), but if such a player plays for Juve then may God help us, with all the space he'll leave behind.

What i want to say is that i want a Thuram at RB/LB. He also wasn't brilliant going forward, he didn't make great crosses. But he was a rock at the back and he was still everywhere on the right side, ready to help Camoranesi in attack but always covering his side in defense.

That's only my opinion, though. It doesn't mean i'm right. Some of you think that we need a crosser more than we need a defender and we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
you are right alen and looking at it from that perspective i am pretty confident with grygera at the back...

he is sound in the defense and does have his days where he threatens the opponent with runs into the box or some lucky crosses ...

as long as we don't find someone that is at least better in attack or defense while not be worse in the other part of the game i do not see the need to buy a replacement...

for the left back it is probably more easy to replace molinaro though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)