Lapo Elkann (5 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I guess that makes me a Curva Nord monkey without question, then...

Somehow I don't want to read news stories about how our transfer fees for Steven Gerrard suddenly went up Lapo's nose the night before. :(

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I guess that makes me a Curva Nord monkey without question, then...

Somehow I don't want to read news stories about how our transfer fees for Steven Gerrard suddenly went up Lapo's nose the night before. :(
but that would give us some color and i dont think we ought to judge one by his/her recreational activities. as far as juve is concerned, lapo has shown more interest in and passion than his brother John

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
but that would give us some color and i dont think we ought to judge one by his/her recreational activities. as far as juve is concerned, lapo has shown more interest in and passion than his brother John
sure, lets have a junkie making our important decisions for us....I'm sure the drugs dont cloud his judgement :rolleyes2

there's a pretty good reason that companies all over the USA have random drug testing for their employees

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
During Piacenza's match, our curvas booed not only one of our players (something incredibly stupid itself) but also the annoucement of the birth of Matteo, Camoranesi's third child.

They were intelligent enough to boo a little child.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
During Piacenza's match, our curvas booed not only one of our players (something incredibly stupid itself) but also the annoucement of the birth of Matteo, Camoranesi's third child.

no one accused our Ultras of having brains

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #109
    Everything Isn’t Always Black and White

LIFE is very complicated for Lapo Elkann.

For starters, there is the past. The childhood raised in various swellegant locales around the world: London, Rio, Paris, wherever his mother (nee Margherita Agnelli) and his father, Alain Elkann (and later his stepfather, Serge de Pahlen), wanted to be. He spent his 20s working in the shadow of his grandfather, the famed Fiat chairman Gianni Agnelli. After Mr. Agnelli’s death in 2003, Mr. Elkann inherited his grandfather’s suits and his flair for publicity.

As the worldwide brand manager for Fiat Auto, he helped breathe new life into the company’s sputtering image. Vanity Fair called him “the rock star of Italian business.” Then, in October 2005, that turn of phrase proved a little too accurate when he overdosed on cocaine and heroin in the apartment of a Turinese transvestite prostitute, news the Italian press had a Roman holiday with.

Then there is the present. Mr. Elkann, 29, sober and as stylish as ever, is New York’s man of the moment, starring in a 20-page fashion story in this month’s Vogue and unveiling a new line of carbon-fiber sunglasses at Barneys New York. The glasses are the first product of his own company, Italia Independent, which, he said, will wed new technology and classic style. (Classic being a relative term, let’s just say that the chicly oversize glasses won’t help celebrities go unnoticed.)

Of course, complications remain. Just over a week ago, his mother filed suit against the administrators of her father’s estate to find out its true value, sending a shock wave through the reserved Agnelli family.

It all goes to remind us that while design teams are pushing carbon fiber to new applications and futuristic forms, we carbon-based life forms have plenty of room for improvement. For his part, Mr. Elkann embraces the highs and the lows, as the many tattoos on his arms (like a water-and-fire yin-yang symbol) attest.

“It’s about the right balance that you’re searching for every day,” he said. Of course, in playboy style, fire and water do not mean a scented candle and some nice Evian. “I’ve always been someone who likes adrenalic activity,” he said over breakfast in the West Village. “I like bikes, I like to race, I like sailing, I like parachuting, I like surfing. Both on the sea and the snow.” He paused, thinking. “I like art, I like beauty.”

No one understands his passions better than his older brother, John, who gave him an inspiring gift after his 2005 ordeal: a Roy Lichtenstein enamel-on-steel print titled “Sunset,” from an edition of 75 the artist made in 1965, the height of the Pop decade.

“It’s the rising sun,” Mr. Elkann said, somewhat optimistically. “I need the sun. Life has to be made of energy. Life has to have love, passion, ideas, exchange. I like to work with sunny people. If I end up with someone, I need her to be sunny. If not” — he made a face — “nothing.”

So the Lichtenstein, he said, was “a beautiful present.”

“I love Pop Art, the energy, the color. I don’t like black and white, except on my soccer team.” (This, a reference to Juventus, the Turin-based, Fiat-owned team, whose colors are black and white.)

What appeals to him about Pop Art, he said, is its purity. An odd choice of words given Pop’s push-pull blend of the beautiful and the banal, but Mr. Elkann defended it, however obliquely. “I love the irony and sarcasm,” he said. “It’s looking at the things with detachment and realism, which is needed. I have to be extremely engaged in what I’m doing, but to be attached, I think, you need to be able to be detached.”

Does that make Warhol the modern Laotzu? Are apothegms like “My mind is like a tape recorder with one button: Erase,” today’s answer to the koan?

Who knew that a Pop ray of sunshine was really Campbell’s Soup for the Soul?

New York Times

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
    Lapo Elkann, speaking on Radio Dee Jay, makes the compliments to his Juve: I am satisfied, I would have been glad of second place but also to get third is not bad, the important thing is to go in Champions League.

They have all done an excellent job, was un'annata very good. Arriving from B to A and piazzarsi third is not easy, but next year there will be other objectives to be achieved. The challenge is different: I want to bring something home, I want to win the Champions or the Scudetto.

The players that I like more? Buffon and Del Piero. And then Nedved who has the crown of hair very similar to me.

If Inter win the Scudetto will be deserved, partly because they fought until the end.

Inter would be most happy to win this tricolour than last year, that was not a Scudetto "

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=7&a=80758

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006

I am sure Vinman would suit them.

gsol

Oct 14, 2007
    who gives a shit what that coked out tranny fucker thinks or says. Last year he fooled the fans into thinking he was saving us and then we found out that he was just buying back the shares that others dumped to get a bigger majority. Paying off a few Ultras means shit to the other 23 million worldwide fans.

FUCK LAPO
    FUCK JOHN
    FUCK MONTEZEMOLO

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Yeah, people shouldn't be judged for what they do away from the office. There are many CEO's in this world who are actually alcoholics, yet they still are successful. Cocaine could be another matter though.

:lol2: :howler:

Oh my God.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I hardly believe Burke would boo the birth of one of his Bayern players, minus Lucio, that is.

Little Burke's? Well then our Ultras must be cool as shit with a great sense of humor, too! As seen with our guys at the stadium.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
    I am sure Vinman would suit them.
    our ultras are retards who you would relate well with....once you wipe Ranieri's cum stains off your lips

who gives a shit what that coked out tranny fucker thinks or says. Last year he fooled the fans into thinking he was saving us and then we found out that he was just buying back the shares that others dumped to get a bigger majority. Paying off a few Ultras means shit to the other 23 million worldwide fans.

FUCK LAPO
    FUCK JOHN
    FUCK MONTEZEMOLO
    totally agree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)