KSA! Best League in The World: 2023 - 2123 (8 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
i find it funny people complain about sportswashing as they type from their slave lavour produced iphones and computers, while wearing their slave labour produced nike and addidas sneakers and drinking their nestle slave labour produced coffee.

then they support juve, who is sponsored by addidas and nike. no complaints about corporate washing.

but now all the sudden won't somebody think about the sports washing! think of the children!
There's always bound to be a guy like you, who considers himself smart for pointing out western companies exploit foreign workers.

It's true. And I don't condone that either. But you're not smart or witty for pointing it out and even if you were, you'd still be an even bigger hypocrite because you're not adjusting your lifestyle either.

Those issues are also not the same as state sponsored slavery for a myriad of reasons. The most important one of those reasons being that at least it's considered morally wrong and is punishable by law in western countries.

I also think you don't quite grasp the evil that is Saudi Arabia. There's no comparing.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Strickland

May 17, 2019
i find it funny people complain about sportswashing as they type from their slave lavour produced iphones and computers, while wearing their slave labour produced nike and addidas sneakers and drinking their nestle slave labour produced coffee.

then they support juve, who is sponsored by addidas and nike. no complaints about corporate washing.

but now all the sudden won't somebody think about the sports washing! think of the children!
Thats too black and white, no one is inherently gracious and living the perfect life. Doesnt mean we all should become insecure cynical assholes.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
There's always bound to be a guy like you, who considers himself smart for pointing out western companies exploit foreign workers.

It's true. And I don't condone that either. But you're not smart or witty for pointing it out and even if you were, you'd still be an even bigger hypocrite because you're not adjusting your lifestyle either.

Those issues are also not the same as state sponsored slavery for a myriad of reasons. The most important one of those reasons being that at least it's considered morally wrong and is punishable by law in western countries.

I also think you don't quite grasp the evil that is Saudi Arabia. There's no comparing.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
lion is just trolling

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
its about time someone had the balls to stand up to Lion :tup:

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
South America and Europe both have tremendous pedigrees in the history of football. They have millions of people playing it every day.

Saudi Arabia doesn't even have grass.
Yet some of the players there would actually improve Juve.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009

At least the Saudis don't steal natural resources from poor countries.

Things changed a long time ago. For example, did you know that in Saudi Arabia, workers are not allowed to work under the sun from 12 PM to 3 PM between 15th June and 15th September every year?

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #71

I'm a nudist who lives in the woods.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    At least the Saudis don't steal natural resources from poor countries.

Things changed a long time ago. For example, did you know that in Saudi Arabia, workers are not allowed to work under the sun from 12 PM to 3 PM between 15th June and 15th September every year?
    Let's not speak as though Saudi Arabia is a paragon of virtue as a state though. How many proxy wars have they had against Iran over decades now? Sure maybe not for resources since they were lucky enough to exist in a place where there is oil, but it's still pointless foreign wars nonetheless.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
    May 20, 2009
    Let's not speak as though Saudi Arabia is a paragon of virtue as a state though. How many proxy wars have they had against Iran over decades now? Sure maybe not for resources since they were lucky enough to exist in a place where there is oil, but it's still pointless foreign wars nonetheless.
    I'm not defending any side. I'm just against the double standards.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    I don't get your point, but violence is never justified, no matter the side.
    I was referring to Trump.

Basically pointing at someone else is rarely a great defence and it's an even worse idea, when your own wrongdoing is on a completely different level. Of course I don't like European consumerism and I think footballers have been grossly overpaid with money from dubious sources. But paying them 200M a season with money that makes the world explode is something else.

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #78
    How many terrorists did they train to kill my BROTHERS!?!?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get your point, but violence is never justified, no matter the side.
    I'll make sure the Allied Powers of WWII hear about this.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003

You miss a very sizeable difference. What are they selling you?

When it's iPhones, computers, Nikes and Adidas and Nestle and coffee, they are selling you those nouns. There is a direct relation between what I am spending my money on and what I am reportedly getting from it, regardless of the horrible treatment of its workers. (Doesn't even have to be slave labor, btw.)

When it's KSA tournaments, Qatar World Cups, or EPL clubs jacked on oil money, it's different. What they are selling you, the "sportswashing", is a direct attempt to excuse and disguise the stench of their other business. It's MBS inviting Jeff Bezos to a friendly diner, exchanging phone numbers, and then hacking his phone. (True story.)

The deception is the point, not a by-product.

Mar 10, 2009
    Saudi Arabia is a disgusting country but there is a lot of hypocrisy so I do think Lion is correct. Human Rights issues are only ever brought up whenever it suits the narrative. Israel literally kill journalists every so often and yet no one batted an eye lid when they hosted the Eurovision. China literally have modern day concentration camps and yet they still hosted the Olympics, yet Russian tennis players get banned, when Russia invades Ukraine. I've taught in Qatar for a couple of years it really wasn't half as bad as the media made out (a side from their children being brainless). Going back to Saudi, the irony of it all, is that the 'Clown Prince' MBS, is ironically the most liberal Saudi ruler in history and the country is being significantly Westernised. In fact MBS was hand picked by Trump. I don't think the MBS is trying to improve 'Saudi's image' more so that he's trying to liberalise it through entertainment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)