KSA! Best League in The World: 2023 - 2123 (6 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
If this Saudi league gets really big, then a super league is inevitable in the near future which even the Saudi's would want to be a part of, given that they would be joining hands with the best teams in the world
A Saudi team with 5 overpaid star players and 6 Lega Pro level local guys starting is a dream matchup for Allegri's Juve, I think we can take them!

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
There are so many good football players these days. Even if some younger, no red flags, players goes through the sportswashing I'd be fine with that. There's still so many good out there that there's plenty to go around. Of course I want European football to be the best because that's where I live. I don't want to wake up in the middle of the night as some of you do. Respect(!) to all of you doing so but I am lazy and like my lullaby sleep. But I am not worried and doesn't seem like anyone is.
I wrote somewhere earlier that this happens every once in a while, albeit on a larger scale this time. But before this it was China. Before that US, before that Russia, then India, and so it goes on. I'm more intrigued by who will do the same some years from now. Also, they all fall into the same trap after some time. All face issues where the local footballers don't get any room so they start with regulations to prevent foreigners taking over completely. Don't remember about India but everyone followed the same path. Which then created space for the next importer.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
If it's true, then it's actually a clever move by the Saudis.

Here is a scenario, Israeli teams play in the CL for obvious reasons even though they are located in Asia. If the Saudis recognize Israel as a state and establish ties with them, then I think they will use that card plus the money as an advantage, and UEFA will find it very difficult not to accept their offer.

Other than that, it won't happen.

Mar 10, 2009
I'm not really against it either. The football I grew up loving is dead, might as well pump another 4 slugs in there who cares?
Its how I feel as well. At least this Saudi thing adds a little more competition. Sick of seeing the EPL. And let's face it, Serie A will never return to how it was. Even if they reach EU finals they'll end up selling their best players.

- - - Updated - - -

For me it’s something against the PL money, the rest of Europe can’t compete so apparently we need them.
Yep

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i find it funny people complain about sportswashing as they type from their slave lavour produced iphones and computers, while wearing their slave labour produced nike and addidas sneakers and drinking their nestle slave labour produced coffee.

then they support juve, who is sponsored by addidas and nike. no complaints about corporate washing.

but now all the sudden won't somebody think about the sports washing! think of the children!

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
If it's true, then it's actually a clever move by the Saudis.

Here is a scenario, Israeli teams play in the CL for obvious reasons even though they are located in Asia. If the Saudis recognize Israel as a state and establish ties with them, then I think they will use that card plus the money as an advantage, and UEFA will find it very difficult not to accept their offer.

Other than that, it won't happen.

I wanna see it happen for one reason and reason only, UEFA cronies trying to have the FFP rules discussion with Saudi Royalty and how it should it apply for them too, unchecked spending ends now.

it would go something like this after the saudis agreed, but then go ahead and offered 200m a year deal to each of their weekly opponents best players:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I wanna see it happen for one reason and reason only, UEFA cronies trying to have the FFP rules discussion with Saudi Royalty and how it should it apply for them too, unchecked spending ends now.

it would go something like this after the saudis agreed, but then go ahead and offered 200m a year deal to each of their weekly opponents best players:

All those new experiences for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)