KSA! Best League in The World: 2023 - 2123 (4 Viewers)

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
I have yet to find a business or a brand under Neymar's name like those of Cristiano or Messi. He seems to depend mainly on sponsorships, which won't last long. He invests in very risky things like NFTs and has a habit of wasting money, which indicates a poor mentality.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I have yet to find a business or a brand under Neymar's name like those of Cristiano or Messi. He seems to depend mainly on sponsorships, which won't last long. He invests in very risky things like NFTs and has a habit of wasting money, which indicates a poor mentality.
Typical mentality of a lolzillian footballer

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Maybe he should invest it in something stupid. Like housing for poor Brazilians.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
If this Saudi league gets really big, then a super league is inevitable in the near future which even the Saudi's would want to be a part of, given that they would be joining hands with the best teams in the world

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
If this Saudi league gets really big, then a super league is inevitable in the near future which even the Saudi's would want to be a part of, given that they would be joining hands with the best teams in the world
Yeah, it could be possible - pay 20 biggest clubs in the world to abandon UEFA and play with 4-6 of their best teams in the new competition. But they have to build their teams first. That could really lead to an end of UEFA monopoly. Pity the clubs that wont be invited in this though (please Napoli).

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Even Toronto would beat Ronaldo's club :disagree:

- - - Updated - - -

Neymar is retarded, we all knew this surely. Also he probably has sex with his sister and slaps his mother's ass so there's that.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Even Toronto would beat Ronaldo's club :disagree:
I would bet, but it's haram.

Lol the Saudi league won't get big anytime soon. The PIF is focused more on strengthening the top 4 teams in the league to secure most of the slots in FIFA club world cup that will feature a new 32-team format starting in 2025.

Mar 10, 2009
Again people are dismissing things too quickly. There was a time when all the best Brazillian players played in South America. End of the day money talks. I'm kind of happy to see the EPL suffer in the same way the rest of Europe did.

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #34
    Again people are dismissing things too quickly. There was a time when all the best Brazillian players played in South America. End of the day money talks. I'm kind of happy to see the EPL suffer in the same way the rest of Europe did.
    Again, no we aren't.

No one gives a fuck about Asian football.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Do you know which continent Brazilian players are from?

I just have to ask. There was a moment, right before you posted this, that you actually thought about what you wanted to say. Then you wrote it all down and then you probably hit send. Was there never any doubt in your mind that maybe this was not the smartest thing to say?

Mar 10, 2009
    Do you know which continent Brazilian players are from?

I just have to ask. There was a moment, right before you posted this, that you actually thought about what you wanted to say. Then you wrote it all down and then you probably hit send. Was there never any doubt in your mind that maybe this was not the smartest thing to say?
    Well, my point really isn't that hard to understand. But ok, let me simplify for you:
    The best Brazilian players used to play in South America (Brazil) now they play in Europe.
    In the same way it's not too hard to believe that we do see a gradual shift towards Asia.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Well, my point really isn't that hard to understand. But ok, let me simplify for you:
    The best Brazilian players used to play in South America (Brazil) now they play in Europe.
    In the same way it's not too hard to believe that we do see a gradual shift towards Asia.

South America and Europe both have tremendous pedigrees in the history of football. They have millions of people playing it every day.

Saudi Arabia doesn't even have grass.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
    Jan 28, 2013
    I think you're discounting a large part of the equation. Player quality.

For the MOST part, these are not the cream of the crop. These are players who either are old (Ronaldo), offered insane wages as they age (Benzema), oft injured and older (Kante), or disgruntled, oft injured and aging (Neymar). Also, they all have another thing in common: they all want to be PAID like they're still in their prime and PAID like they come with no red flags (injuries, age, contract demands, etc).

They are mostly players who are very popular but who's popularity hasn't always translated to the field in the last few years. The only exception to this I would argue would be Benzema who left Real still playing out of his mind and he was sufficiently compensated for this in the HUNDREDS of millions.

Even Neymar's move to Saudi Arabia was made (according to the rumors) after NO EUROPEAN club made an offer on him. So it was a last resort where he'll have to prove himself. He didn't go there as his first choice or option. His wage demands are that of a superstar elite player and he has shown flashes of that but increasingly less and less so.

These situations with Saudi Arabia are NOT like you seem to posit: the cream of the crop going from Brazil to Europe in their prime(which I would argue became the case not just due to the strength of European football but also the increase in travel between continents, the opening up of Brazil, etc.). Even if a young player were to go to Saudi Arabia in his prime, I would argue it would be to garnish high wages initially and grow in popularity to then move to Europe.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
    Saudi League is good because it breaks UEFA's mafia operating style with teams like us by diminishing their competitions and the money they can make. Same applies for Messi going to MLS, UEFA can't benefit from what Messi does from now on. The bad side is that the Saudis give astronomical wages so they will gradually take the best players. The day that a Saudi team wins the Club World Cup will be monumental and I can guarantee you that UEFA will do some sort of Super League or Cup that includes Saudi teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)